+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: GCB (Good Christian Belles) on ABC - premieres Sun Mar. 4th

GCB (Good Christian Belles) on ABC - premieres Sun Mar. 4th

Watch Full Episodes for Free Online - GCB - ABC.com -- Premieres Sunday March 4, 10pm

The soap returns to Dallas in this wicked new drama based on Kim Gatlin's book, Good Christian Bitches, that shows that you can go home again... but only if you're ready to face the sins of your past.

Amanda Vaughn (Leslie Bibb), once the ultimate high school "mean girl," is forced to return home in disgrace after her marriage ends in scandal. Amanda is nothing like the girl she was 20 years ago, but as her old classmates reacquaint themselves with the new Amanda, will her home town welcome her with open arms or seek revenge? No one in this town is a saint, but that doesn't mean they can't have a heart. As Amanda and her teenage kids try to adjust to their new lives, the ladies from her past alternate between sympathy and scheming.
    ---------------------------------------------

This will take over Pan Am's timeslot (if Pan Am ever comes back between now and March). The good news: Kristin Chenoweth and Annie Potts back on TV. We'll see about the rest...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln

Re: GCB (Good Christian Belles) on ABC - premieres Sun Mar. 4th

I've seen previews for it...it looks hilarious. I have high hopes.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

So did anyone bother to watch the premier of this this series tonight? I know I didn't because a. I wanted to catch up on "Celebrity Apprentice" and b. I was annoyed by the commercials for this show.

Personally, I think it's toast long term, especially since they're having to resort to saying that it's produced by the same writers who wrote "Sex and the City." A show needs to rest on its own laurels, and even still, we found out with "Charlie's Angels" that you can have a big name and it still bomb.

Oh, and the fact that it mocks Christianity and is on a Sunday is not going to endear it to people. Sure, we have lustful "Desperate Housewives" (well for a little longer) but they don't flat out mock Christianity, or worse, Southern Baptists/country churches.
    ButterflyFaery and ilja like this.

I thought the "B" stood for a different word. Maybe they changed it.

The show has a good cast, but I'm not sold on the actual show yet. I don't care if it mocks Christianity. I care if it's well written and entertaining. I'm cool with anything being made fun of as long as it's done well and isn't as ham-fisted as the commercial previews make it look.
    Uncle David likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I thought this episode was funny but I can see the overall premise getting a bit boring and predictable. And, to be honest, I'd take Pan Am and Collette any day over this!

I thought it was good, but not great. It really could go either way. Some shows improve after the first episode and, with some shows, the first episode is as good as it gets.

I really liked Leslie Bibb (have been a fan since she starred on Popular) but, surprisingly, I didn't like Kristen Chenoweth and I'm a huge fan. I'm not sold on Annie Potts yet - the part seemed way too over-the-top. I hope they calm her down a bit, even though this show pretty much IS over-the-top.

Since I don't watch anything else at 10 pm right now, I'll stick with it and see what happens. It has potential, but so do a lot of shows that end up stinking. Honestly, I think most shows generally only have about 3 good seasons (if that) before they go stale....or maybe that's just how long it takes for me to get bored. There aren't many shows I've watched for more than a few years. I guess I have a short attention span!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Originally the "B" was supposed to stand for another word (which is the actual title of the book the show is based on). Then they switched it to "Good Christian Belles" because they thought the other word would be too offensive. Then they switched it to just "GCB," so I suppose you can take it however you like I prefer the way it was actually intended - and I really enjoyed the first show! I thought it was the perfect, campy partner to "Housewives." Of course, it's a partnership that can't last, so..... I'm also a bit curious as to how they are going to string multiple episodes out of this premise, but I'm willing to give it a shot and hope it sustains
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I liked it. I definitely see myself tuning in again. I laughed out loud a few times.
    Katydyd, sclilred1, JavaJo and 1 others like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I liked it. I definitely see myself tuning in again. I laughed out loud a few times.
    I did as well! I will tune in again
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The "B" originally stood for exactly what you thought. Then as Katydyd said, they changed it as not to offend. Then the Religious Right raised a big stink trying to get it removed from the schedule, where it was supposed to be last Fall. Then they changed it again to GCB to remove the word Christian & put it as a Spring show.

I found it entertaining, although quite over-the-top. I think it was one of those shows that was over promoted with mainly the OTT moments. It was better than the previews.
    I also laughed out loud a few times.
    I'll definitely watch again.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast