+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: GCB (Good Christian Belles) on ABC - premieres Sun Mar. 4th

Re: GCB (Good Christian Belles) on ABC - premieres Sun Mar. 4th

I ordered the book for Kindle. I am enjoying it...not quite the same so far. I also wondered if Greg Vaughn (playing the dead husband) will be around for flashbacks or if that is it. I enjoyed him on GH.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Kristin looked much better this week---less "tanned", although the hair still looks awful to me, but I guess that is the style. When she raised her arms when she was singing her arms are SO skinny! Sorry I'm focusing so much on her looks---not what I usually pay attention to! Loved her singing and apparently we will get that each week in church.
    bee stung lips likes this.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I hate to admit, because I am still knee deep in my love-affair with Pan-Am, but I just adore this show! Count me in as reading the book on my iPad too
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I really enjoyed it.I hear Newt Gingrich doesnt like the title, so I am betting a few more tuned in this week to see what it was about.
    bee stung lips and Katydyd like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Kristin looked much better this week---less "tanned", although the hair still looks awful to me, but I guess that is the style. When she raised her arms when she was singing her arms are SO skinny! Sorry I'm focusing so much on her looks---not what I usually pay attention to! Loved her singing and apparently we will get that each week in church.
    I noticed the same thing about Kristin. She looked much, much better this week, less leathery looking than last week's episode. I hear ya though, she is such a tiny, little human that her hair sometimes overpowers her. Seeing her next to the actor who plays her husband, David James Elliot....wow, he's a monster compared to her...lol!

Really, really liking the show so far.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 03-12-2012 at 08:21 AM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The "Christians" need to get a sense of humor....which is just another reason to laugh at them, IMO!
    herdfan84 and bee stung lips like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm with you Bee, I'm really liking this one. I was cracking up at Kristin singing "Jesus take the Wheel" at church, and the looks her friend was giving her (the one who was going to sing if Kristin hadn't shown up) were priceless! And then when her mom was trying to point out that Kristin had dedicated the song to her, Amanda turns around and was all "Mama, my husband died in a car crash!" I have to say, I was surprised to find out that the brunette (don't remember names yet) was aware her husband was gay from the very beginning. It actually made me like her a bit more because it made her more sympathetic to me. In a strange, rather sad way, they have one of the more honest relationships on the show as both knew exactly what they were getting out of the marriage, and the rules they were going to play by...and they genuinely seem to respect and care for each other as friends.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Count me in as really liking this show as well. It's just fun with not too much to think about other than I'm glad I don't have to deal with people like that day in and day out - that'd be exhausting!

Interesting about the book - I went to download it but the reviews weren't so great so I didn't. I might have to now...

Katydyd, I thought the same thing about the brunette and her husband. When they first started that conversation, I wondered does she know and then when it was clear she did, I had to give her props. But I do find it kind of sad that she doesn't have someone to love her... I actually LOL'd when her husband rolled over - that bed was HUGE!
    Katydyd likes this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I agree with this show just being fun. We need some mindless fun in TV sometimes.
    It's a great way to finish the weekend on a happy note. I hope it stays a while.
    Florimel and Katydyd like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I was cracking up when buddy rolled over in that HUMONGOUS bed and about a mile of space was left between he and his wife...lol I love the over exaggeration of the characters and scenarios on this show. Makes for some mindless, hilarious entertainment. Really hope it gets to stick around.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread