+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: GCB (Good Christian Belles) on ABC - premieres Sun Mar. 4th

Re: GCB (Good Christian Belles) on ABC - premieres Sun Mar. 4th

Poor Amanda, what a dilemma...having to choose now between a smokin' hot pastor and a smokin' hot...whatever the heck Carlene's brother is
    inthegarden and JavaJo like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Oh to have that dilemma. I hate that I watched something a few weeks ago and was convinced the pastor was in it. Now I've IMDB'd him and I can't figure out what it could be. He is flipping gorgeous, though.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Did anyone really NOT see it coming that the girl would turn out to be Riff's daughter? I still find GCB fun, but I don't think the writing is outstanding.
    2boysmom likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Did anyone really NOT see it coming that the girl would turn out to be Riff's daughter? I still find GCB fun, but I don't think the writing is outstanding.
    I didn't care for it last night- it was all too predictable and a little bit corny( for me) including the kiss at the end. I dont know if I will watch it next season.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I figured immediately that she was a relative (long lost sister or one he didn't know existed, neice he just found out about) but daughter never even occured to me. She seemed quite too old for that.
    If these women all went to school together & Amanda got pregnant toward the end of high school & her oldest is maybe 16, he would have had to have fathered the child at about 10-12 for her to be in her 20's.
    That is, unless he's quite a few years older than the women.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I saw the girl being his daughter but I don't mind - this show is just pure fun for me. I live for the one-liners like the face cream lady saying she was 62 - that was hilarious. I look forward to starting my Monday mornings off after the kids head to school by watching GCB. It's a great way to start the week.
    inthegarden likes this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

The one-liners are great, but so are the "sight gags" like Amanda carrying Carlene in the desert or Carlene falling down when finding out Rip had a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I saw the girl being his daughter but I don't mind - this show is just pure fun for me. I live for the one-liners like the face cream lady saying she was 62 - that was hilarious. I look forward to starting my Monday mornings off after the kids head to school by watching GCB. It's a great way to start the week.
    Now that was funny! best part of the show for me was when she said I am 62 and they all rushed for the cream
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I read an interview with Kristen Chenoweth and she said something to the effect of "Hey, we know we're not doing Shakespeare here." It doesn't have to be. It's nice to have shows that are just guilty pleasures.
    Katydyd and JavaJo like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Watching the GCB is a guilty pleasure for me. I don't care if any of it makes sense. It just nice to have a funny show to watch and forget about all the other serious and crazy junk that is going on around me. I'm disappointed the season has ended and I look forward to it next year.

+ Reply to Thread