+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: GCB (Good Christian Belles) on ABC - premieres Sun Mar. 4th

Re: GCB (Good Christian Belles) on ABC - premieres Sun Mar. 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I know a couple who does the remarrying thing. Not every year, but whenever it strikes them, they renew their vows.
    I know 2 couples who did the renewal thing, but both were on their 25th wedding aniversary. No bridal showers, no bachelorette party, & certainly no Gone With the Wind. But both did the whole wedding gown, tuxedo, best man & maid of honor thing. There was a dinner & get together afterwards, but not nearly as big a to-do as a whole reception. Both just had family & close friends. They did have a photographer though, but no videos.

Personally (although speaking as a single/divorced woman) I'd never do such a thing. Weddings are too stressful. I'm lucky I didn't kill the guy after the 1st one. Although going on a 2nd honeymoon trip years later would be nice.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I can see renewing vows, but no way would I want to have a wedding every year. I've helped plan more than one wedding and it's a pain in the butt!

Of course, on this show, they have to take it to the next level and, since it's Carlene, it has to be completely over-the-top!

Cricket acts like she's fine with her marriage, but I still feel sad for her.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think our Canadian network only offered the one where *spoiler?* Gigi was looking at houses with Burl.

On a US station I noticed there were 2 back to back so I watched those ones later.

Sometimes Amanda's hair looks like it needs a good shampooing.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Watched the first one with the vow renewal. I thought it was really good. This show gets better with each episode. I am beginning to like Cricket. I'm beginning to really not like Sharon. Leslie is getting better at playing Amanda. And....any bets on how they are going to get rid of baby brother? I think we can all see this one coming.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Yeah, I'm not liking Sharon as much. She's so damn needy..it's really unattractive. Cricket has always been my favorite. I just love her and her snark.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Well it wouldn't be Carlene if it wasn't totally over the top.LOL
    lol...true!

Sharon doesn't bother me so much, she's the typical insecure follower. I loved the pep talk GiGi gave Sharon.

I would like to see them bring in a new GCB. A mom and daughter team, who would give the existing GCB some new competition and a reason to band together.
    I would pick Vanessa Williams as the mom, who plays a rich snob so well and I'm not sure who would be a good daughter.

I didn't care for this episode....found myself flipping channels. That tells me, it wasn't interesting enuf.
    Florimel likes this.

I thought it was hilarious! That musical was a riot. Carlene swinging around from the ceiling during the pageant? The Doobie Brothers? Barry Manilow?

"Fanilow" =
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryansmom View Post
    I didn't care for this episode....found myself flipping channels. That tells me, it wasn't interesting enuf.
    I felt the same Not sure I want to keep watching or not
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread