+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: GCB (Good Christian Belles) on ABC - premieres Sun Mar. 4th

Re: GCB (Good Christian Belles) on ABC - premieres Sun Mar. 4th

I liked it and I also find Carleen's brother to be very easy on the eyes. I looked him up and he is here for the next few episodes at least.
    Katydyd likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I thought he was very nice. That's good to hear tbamom!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I thought he was very nice. That's good to hear tbamom!
    I also found out he was Rex on Days of our Lives. I haven't watched that in years but I vaguely remember a Rex.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I also found out he was Rex on Days of our Lives. I haven't watched that in years but I vaguely remember a Rex.
    As a self-appointed Days of Our Lives Encyclopedia I remember Rex, unfortunately.
    Rex & his sister were the Space Twins who arrived in Salem naked in a pod shuttle. Yes, it's true, I'm not making that up.
    The whole story was eye-rollingly cheesy. One of DOOL's worst. Anyhow it turned out it was another of Stephano's stunts & they had been raised in a lab. Eventually the show tried to blend them in as "normal" teens, but it never worked. Rex was some kind of genius & IIRC there was something about an underground earthquake machine & diamonds. He left shortly after. Rex's sister was killed in an abnormally bloody scene. She was put (hopefully already dead) in a giant pinata at a festival of some sort, & beaten by the people of Salem until she fell as a bloody mess, dead on the ground.
    Yes that was the real story, I didn't make that stuff up. It was one of those times I asked myself "Why do I watch this cr*p?"

"Rex", however, was quite attractive even then.
    I remembered him the minute he showed up on GCB.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Wow Miss Scarlett, and here I thought One Life To Live's time travel, trips to Heaven and the underground city of Eterna were pretty far out there
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Your recounting of the storyline had me LOL!!! At one time, I was a diehard fan of DOOL. Who could've seen that coming??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

LOL I watched Days when the twins were there but must have stopped watching before they got rid of her because I definitely would have remembered that one!
    I watched the second episode of GCB yesterday and I have to say I actually really liked it. I only caught the last bit of the first episode when it originally aired and I thought it was terrible. They're adding up on the pvr and I was about to just erase them all to free up some more space but I ended up in this thread yesterday and read everyone's reviews and decided to give it another chance. So glad I did, when you watch it knowing that it's supposed to be cheesy and cute I think it's a really funny show. The over the top facial expressions and mannerisms that I thought were bad acting/directing at first glance actually come off much more charming and sweet when you aren't expecting the typical evening tv soap opera delivery. I'm excited to catch up on the rest of the episodes over the long weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I never watched that soap. But I know what I like
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I was thrilled to see Eric Winter on the show. I never watched DOOL, but I've seen and liked him on other things. I thought he and Leslie Bibb had great chemistry. I'd love it if he stuck around because a) Amanda needs a guy and b) it would drive Carlene insane!
    Florimel and JavaJo like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm watchin this show wonderin' WHO has a vow renewal as big a deal as the wedding EVERY year? what? and what a weird theme!

+ Reply to Thread