+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Hell on Wheels

Hell on Wheels

TONIGHT at 10pm on AMC

Hell on Wheels AMC

Hell on Wheels is a contemporary Western that centers on former Confederate soldier Cullen Bohannon whose quest for vengeance has led him to the Union Pacific Railroad's westward construction of the first transcontinental railroad.
    KAREN

Re: Hell on Wheels

They've been promoting it quite heavily during Walking Dead. I'm curious to see how it actually plays out. I'll give it a watch, but probably not till tomorrow.

We're definitely trying it out here. It's got a good premise with the building of the railroad as a backdrop. It's worth a look for me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I enjoyed it and will be tuning in next week. It was gritty, dirty just like the times it is set in. Can't wait til next week!
    mesachick likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

It's definitely on the brutal side, but I was expecting that given the time frame and premise. Colm Meaney is a favorite of mine and all the acting was quite good. I'll definitely try several more episodes.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

It was good. I'm always "amused" by how AMC is so guarded about sexuality and language, but doesn't hold back on the violence.

I'll certainly give it another go.
    Florimel likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm watching the premier season's marathon today. Kind of reminds me of 'Deadwood', which I never got over.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'm watching the premier season's marathon today. Kind of reminds me of 'Deadwood', which I never got over.
    It also reminded me of "Deadwood," but I don't think Hell on Wheels is as good. It's not bad, but measuring up to the quality of "Deadwood" is asking a lot.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Nothing has been as good as 'Deadwood', but I'm making do! I don't think I'll ever forgive TPTB for canceling the show! I could cry, just thinking about it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

My husband loves this show, and he said the same thing that Deadwood was way better, he loved that show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast