+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Boss

Boss

I really tried to find a thread on this show, even using the "search" here on FORT and couldn't find it. Please excuse me if this is a double thread.
    I am very much behind in watching shows that I have recorded due to an unusual amount of other events, commitments, out of town guests, etc.
    But last night DH and I watched the first episode of this new Kelsey Grammar show.
    I think Kelsey is a terrible father, mostly likely a terrible husband and has a giant ego. But I still think he's a very talented actor. His character here is totally opposite of good ol' Frasier, which I loved.
    Boss shows me much of what I hate and wish I didn't know about politics and what goes on in government. Never the less, it's fascinating in many ways. Definitely not a light or shallow show. Watching how Kelsey portrays this powerful man, who thought he had the world on a string, deal with his future (don't want to tell any spoilers here) had me really pay attention. I didn't expect to like it but I really did. Parts were terribly shocking, parts were probably frightfully true to life (and I wish I didn't know about any of it) and yet, I couldn't turn it off.
    I'm anxious to watch the next two episodes that I've recorded, hoping they will continue to be as good as the first.
    I will admit that it's definitely not for everyone and had anyone just told me what it was about, I may not have watched it myself. But I did, only because I like Grammar's work. And he did not disappoint.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Boss

I've read some great reviews of this show, DL, including Emmy predisctions for Kelsey. It's been renewed for Season 2. I haven't seen it, but I'm going to catch up on it.

I stopped watching this show. Not that it wasn't good because it really was....great acting, good writers, etc. But I found myself rather depressed after watching it. I'm afraid it probably is close to revealing the truth about politics in real life. I'm no Pollyanna and I am very much aware of the corruption and fraud that exists in that area but jeeze....it's really dismaying to have to deal with that, knowing that there's very little we can do to change it...or if we do try, it'll take many years to do so. At this point in my life, I just don't want to feel depressed after watching what's supposed to be "entertainment."
    I used to be very informed/knowledgable about politics and like this show, was just left depressed at what goes on.
    I'm sure it's being taken to the extreme but I'll just take a pass now.
    Maybe I should become a Pollyanna.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I really want to catch this show but I do not subscribe to Starz... it is a pay-channel, right?
    I may have to find a way to see it because, like Dragonlady, I'm a big fan of Kelsey Grammar.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

It is a pay-channel, yes.

They are replaying all of the season 1 episodes on Thursday and Friday this week. I called, added the Starz channel and set the DVR... I'll be watching

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I've watched the first 6 of the 8 Season 1 episodes and this is dayum good! Glad it was renewed

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I've watched the first 6 of the 8 Season 1 episodes and this is dayum good! Glad it was renewed
    I agree, it has excellent writing and acting...but it was just too depressing for me to continue watching...especially now around all the political things going on now. I just hate to think that our politicians are so deceitful, even thought I think it's probably accurate.

Finally watched all of the season 1 episodes and wow - what a fantastic show. I loved every thing about it. Can't wait for season 2 to start. SO GOOD!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Just finished watching the series. Great! Kelsey deserved the Golden globe. We've always know this is the type of politics practiced in Chicago, but it's nice to see it exposed.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast