+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: The Chew

The Chew

I haven't seen any info on this "show"

I refuse to watch it because of the way it came about. (Taking off AMC)

has anyone watched it? Does it suck as much as I hope it does?

what are the ratings so far?

Thanks

Re: The Chew

Haven't watched and won't ever watch for the same reason you're not. If memory serves, the ratings were not great for the first week, nor were the reviews. Still, they could get worse ratings than AMC did, but a mile, and ABC would still make more money on this show. I haven't taken the time to google for the ratings, because even that would be giving the show more energy than I want to give.

Even if the show wasn't replacing AMC, I still wouldn't watch. I find the commercials incredibly irritating and, really could they have found 5 more unappealing people for this show? I don't think so. I normally like Clinton Kelly, but even he is annoying and creepy in the commercials.
    tapper01 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I haven't seen this yet & don't intend to. I find the commercials extremely irritating.
    Plus, I have another problem with it......
    I find the whole attitude of TPTB to be extremely sexist & regressive. They cancelled AMC & OLTL, two shows with history & loyal viewers among not only stay at home moms, but working women & men who've watched the soaps since they were young, through high school, college, jobs, marriage, kids & now older adulthood, who still watch on thier lunch break (like me), college students, men/women who work night shifts.
    They've replaced them with shows geared toward 1950's housewives who they think are interested in nothing but recipes, cooking & homemaking tips, & "livestyle advice" (whatever that is). Next is probably tips on how to devote your life to serving your husband docilly like a "good wife".
    I find it all extremely insulting. How old are the idiots that make the programming decisions anyhow?
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Have no intentions of EVER watching this show. I can't, in all honesty, see myself watching this lame and very unnecessary show, when I could have been watching All My Children.

Eschew The Chew. The End.
    tapper01 likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I've watched it, considering I never watched any soap operas, so I'm okay with that. The show's not bad, but could be better with a few different hosts. Mario Batali is painful to watch, as is the other guy wose name escapes me. The other girl is okay. But getting to watch Michael Symon and especially Top Chef's Carla is a big treat, and some of the dishes they've prepared in the show have left me drooling and craving. The two of them are the reason I watch it, the other girl's okay, but I completely tune out when Batali and the other guy are on.
    Shoepie likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I haven't seen this yet & don't intend to. I find the commercials extremely irritating.
    Plus, I have another problem with it......
    I find the whole attitude of TPTB to be extremely sexist & regressive. They cancelled AMC & OLTL, two shows with history & loyal viewers among not only stay at home moms, but working women & men who've watched the soaps since they were young, through high school, college, jobs, marriage, kids & now older adulthood, who still watch on thier lunch break (like me), college students, men/women who work night shifts.
    They've replaced them with shows geared toward 1950's housewives who they think are interested in nothing but recipes, cooking & homemaking tips, & "livestyle advice" (whatever that is). Next is probably tips on how to devote your life to serving your husband docilly like a "good wife".
    I find it all extremely insulting. How old are the idiots that make the programming decisions anyhow?
    Has nothing to do with any of the above. It has to do with money. TPTB can make this show with the same amount that they paid Susan Lucci. Reality/talk shows are cheaper to produce when you look at some of the salaries of long time/well loved actors and actresses. It is really sad.

With that said, if you haven't watched you aren't missing much. This show is very lame. I like Clinton Kelly and Michael Symon but the other co hosts are all very annoying. Especially the women. Don't even know who the heck they are. Annoying all the same. I don't see this show lasting all that long, unless they will give more of a chance to these cheaper produced daytime shows.

I am glad it sucks

I watched it a few times when it first premiered.
    I thought all the hosts were likable. Nobody really annoyed me and they don't shout over each other like The View does, so that was a real plus four me.
    I never watched soap operas, so the fact that this show replaced one doesn't really both me.
    It just wasn't, however, a show, that I would tune into regularly.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

so does it still suck? I have not watched one minute of it or Revolution

Ha, I noticed this thread had bumped up, and was excited to click on and read someone's comments on the show.... oh, well.
    I caught about 20 min of the show today, and found it very enjoyable! The panel seemed to be having a lot of fun w/ their guest, so maybe that makes a difference. There was also a craft segment lead by Clinton that was cracking me up. I watched a bit of Revolution on Monday, where they discussed our impressions of weight v. fitness, and I found that interesting and entertaining. So... it suited my tastes, but YMMV.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast