+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: The Chew

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: The Chew

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I've had my fill of cooking shows. I used to watch them quite a bit. What bothers me too are the mini cooking segments they do on various shows where there really isn't enough time to show you anything, and it's rushed through so fast you get nothing from it. IT's really just a platform for the hosts to try to be funny and talk over the person giving instruction. It's so old. Please stop doing that.

As someone who loves watching cooking shows, this has always been one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to cooking on television. I mean, why waste the guests' time bringing them on your show to do a cooking segment, when all you're allow them is two minutes to throw ingredients into a bowl so that they can, 'through the magic of television" TA-DA! pull the "finished" product out of an oven? Not to mention these segments are usually filled with the show's host over talking and interrupting the cook / chef as s/he tries to explain the process of preparing a recipe. Absolutely grates me to to the core.
    libgirl2, Debb70 and Fanny Mare like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    As someone who loves watching cooking shows, this has always been one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to cooking on television. I mean, why waste the guests' time bringing them on your show to do a cooking segment, when all you're allow them is two minutes to throw ingredients into a bowl so that they can, 'through the magic of television" TA-DA! pull the "finished" product out of an oven? Not to mention these segments are usually filled with the show's host over talking and interrupting the cook / chef as s/he tries to explain the process of preparing a recipe. Absolutely grates me to to the core.
    I was rewatching an old Julia Child episode and remembered why I always like to watch her... no glitz, no glamour, a good personality that wasn't forced... and she cooked! And it was fun to watch!
    bee stung lips and Debb70 like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I was rewatching an old Julia Child episode and remembered why I always like to watch her... no glitz, no glamour, a good personality that wasn't forced... and she cooked! And it was fun to watch!
    Love her. Some years back, I used to religiously watch reruns of her show in PBS on Saturdays.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123