+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Grimm - NBC

Grimm - NBC

well since I was so enchanted with Once Upon a Time thought I would look into the other fairy tale story we are going to be getting this season...for those of you that have NBC video on demand they have a pilot preview on there..its like the first 20 minutes of the show

first impressions..its not the whimiscal story those of us watched last night for sure

since its only 20 minutes I am going to wait and watch the entire thing and I don't won't to spoil it for others who might be looking forward to watching it

all I will say is that it is much much darker than once upon a time
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Re: Grimm - NBC, Fridays

I knew this was supposed to be much darker...and I hope it is! I still love a good procedural, and I like 'em dark and twisty I can't imagine this will be as good as Once Upon A Time (just cause that is so good!!) but I'm hoping for something different than the usual, and this should fit the bill. I'm really looking forward to Friday's premiere!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I did watch the whole thing when they sent the preview through twitter and I'm still excited about the premiere episode! Definately a different slant to the fairy tale. I loved it just as much as Once Upon a Time but for a whole lot of different reasons. Each one will stand on their own and that is what I love about both of them. I will not be watching the same fairy tale series twice a week. If I had to choose at the moment, not sure I could. I liked them both and was equally enthralled with both. Katydyd, I love dark and twisty also.
    Some Heros wear capes....mine wears combat boots and kevlar....

I haven't watched the full episode online though I know it is available. I am pleased to read that it is different in concept and tone from Once Upon A Time. I was hoping they weren't going to be clones and I'd have to pick just one. Coming on right after the light-hearted Chuck, it may provide a delightful Friday night.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I haven't watched the full episode online though I know it is available. I am pleased to read that it is different in concept and tone from Once Upon A Time. I was hoping they weren't going to be clones and I'd have to pick just one. Coming on right after the light-hearted Chuck, it may provide a delightful Friday night.
    I totally agree with you there will be no way to even confuse these two shows on any level which means we have 2 great fairy tale shows to love if they both make it..but if this one does I really think I am gonna love the big bad wolf

guess I will be watching this tomorrow on video on demand it comes on as the same time as Supernatural....not giving up that eye candy...lol

I liked it A LOT! Can't wait to see how it develops. Just the right kind of dark and twisty
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

It's very true to the original Grimm Brothers' tales. They were very dark.
    I liked it. It had some very good suspense, with enough twists and turns to hold my interest.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I really wanted to like it, but I was dissappointed. I've never been a fan of the monsters jumping out from behind something to scare people type of shows. Then things calm down, then they do it again. Wash/rinse/repeat. That's all this seemed to be to me.
    I prefer more suspense, mystery, complex storytelling.

I'll probably give it another try if I'm home, but so far.....meh.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I liked it OK. I will watch again if I'm home. I had no problem with the dark parts, and I like the mythology...I was definitely more intrigued after seeing the previews. But I don't think it straddled the line between dark and "fairytale" well. Somehow the balance was off. It was almost like watching two different shows, like it wasn't quite sure what it wanted to be. At times I felt like I was watching what could have been Criminal Minds or SVU with monsters, but then it switched to a more comic book/satire style - Bree Van de Camp: Vampire Slayer .
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast