+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: Grimm - NBC

FORT Fogey

Re: Grimm - NBC

Poor Hank! He almost had a love interest.

I feel bad for Hank, but I don't necessarily need or want every character to have a love life on this show. I mean, at the end of this past week's episode of Castle when three happy couples were standing there, I sort of cringed.

I like Monroe and Rosalie and Juliette and Nick, but I think any more romance would take away from the action and supernatural stuff I love about the show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'd like a little more clarity on wesen breeding! You don't have to marry a wesen of the same type? Apparently not, judging by Monroe and Rosalee--. What happens with the kids, then? Can someone remind me, is every child of wesen, a wesen? Do they always have wesen as parents? Can humans and wesen interbreed? What happens to the kids? WHY didn't that wesen woman want to date Hank? Because they can't have kids? Can't have sex? She's a bigot? She's just not that into him? I'd really like them to have a discussion about this.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I feel bad for Hank, but I don't necessarily need or want every character to have a love life on this show. I mean, at the end of this past week's episode of Castle when three happy couples were standing there, I sort of cringed.

I like Monroe and Rosalie and Juliette and Nick, but I think any more romance would take away from the action and supernatural stuff I love about the show.
    I feel a bit differently about this issue on any show . These characters would all have lives other than their jobs. I like the idea of their having relationships, whether long-term or brief, as long as they are not the main focal point of the show. For me, they should be there as just another facet of their lives with some episodes that focus on a relationship but most where they are just a background in character development.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I feel a bit differently about this issue on any show . These characters would all have lives other than their jobs. I like the idea of their having relationships, whether long-term or brief, as long as they are not the main focal point of the show. For me, they should be there as just another facet of their lives with some episodes that focus on a relationship but most where they are just a background in character development.
    But it IS a TV show, so I don't care if they have their personal lives or not. They can have them off-screen. It's only, what, 40 minutes per episode, so I'd rather the focus on this show NOT be on all the romantic connections.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I'd like a little more clarity on wesen breeding! You don't have to marry a wesen of the same type? Apparently not, judging by Monroe and Rosalee--. What happens with the kids, then? Can someone remind me, is every child of wesen, a wesen? Do they always have wesen as parents? Can humans and wesen interbreed? What happens to the kids? WHY didn't that wesen woman want to date Hank? Because they can't have kids? Can't have sex? She's a bigot? She's just not that into him? I'd really like them to have a discussion about this.
    You mean about human and wesen dating?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes....Hank said, it doesn't matter to me, and she said, it does to me. Now we wonder why, and if there's any hope for them... it sounded as if it wasn't a case of "she's just not that into him", but as if her no had something to do with their wesen/human difference. If we knew more about the biology of wesen/human relationships we'd know more about whether she just doesn't approve of "crosscultural" couples, or if there are also biological issues. It's not like she and her brother have any parents around to disapprove....

EEEEEKKKK!! I'm so excited Dee Wallace is Monroe's mom!! Good times for us older people who know who she is!!! Geeking out right now!
    Florimel likes this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think we are going to get answers next week to my questions about wesen cross-species (of wesen) dating next week, judging by that preview! Looks like not everyone is on board with it.

Just luv' ing all the family centric episodes, first Rosalee's family, next week Monroe's and all through out Adelaide and Demon Baby.
    football_chick and Arielflies like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread