+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree232Likes

Thread: Grimm - NBC

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Grimm - NBC

I just saw the episode over the weekend. Parts were really good, but I was disappointed with a lot of it. Juliette seemed to be a background character for quite awhile, but it seems like she's being brought into the forefront with all the other wesen fighters. It just drove me nuts every time she insisted SHE should be the one to go to where Nick was. As if her all-powerful love for him was greater than the evil in the world she knows almost nothing about. IMO, her character is the weakest on this show. I had hopes they were going to knock her off, but I'm doubting that now. Maybe the actress has some dirt on the producers of the show.
    Lucynda, Florimel and dreamonia like this.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Really enjoyed watching Hank, The Captain, Juliette, Roselee and her boyfriend work together as a team. I luv'ed it when Hank told Nick he almost killed Hank and the Captain and that Nick had also hit Juliette. Still thought it was a touch cliche ish having Nick remember that there had been a knife during the bar fight.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Exploding stomachs, the little pigs revenge, can't say I blame them but I did think the ending was a bit contrived after all when the chef was safe at police headquarters what incentive was there for him to confess?

He already confessed to Nick and Hank (with a bunch of Blutbaden there as witnesses as well) before he was at police headquarters.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    He already confessed to Nick and Hank (with a bunch of Blutbaden there as witnesses as well) before he was at police headquarters.
    Yes but he could have recanted and that was just verbal it's much worse it you write a written confession.

Eh, it's Grimm, a fantasy show, not Law and Order. I don't see how it matters. I'll just assume he realized that he's safer in jail than out roaming free to be eaten by a pack of Blutbaden, who would most certainly be out to get him.
    Florimel and Critical like this.

Eh, it's Grimm, a fantasy show, not Law and Order. I don't see how it matters. I'll just assume he realized that he's safer in jail than out roaming free to be eaten by a pack of Blutbaden, who would most certainly be out to get him.
    It's not so much that it's not that "police show with too many variations that unfortunately is still on the air and in endless repeats on cable" it's that it messes with common sense and internal logic. There are so many police procedurals on the air that folks know better.

With the Pigs/Wolf story, they actually picked up on a show they did the first season about a feud between a wolf family and a pig family. Sorry, but other than Blutbatten, I'm terrible at remembering the species names.

Also, they are now showing Nick with heightened senses as residual from the attack, but in the second season, he picked up heightened senses from the fly worms to the eyes. So I guess his heightened senses are now amped up even more.

I don't mind the disconnect to true police procedural. I mean you have to take into account that the Police Captain (who seems to have more authority than a Police Chief) is a Wesen.

If one is interested and has Amazon Prime, both season 1 and season 2 are available streaming. If you have Netflix, you can rent DVDs for season 1. I don't think season 2 is available yet.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 11-10-2013 at 09:53 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    It's not so much that it's not that "police show with too many variations that unfortunately is still on the air and in endless repeats on cable" it's that it messes with common sense and internal logic. There are so many police procedurals on the air that folks know better.
    Folks also know better than to believe that there really is a Grimm running around out there killing wesen. It didn't mess with my common sense and internal logic at all. You have to suspend all belief for shows like these, and I do so willingly and happily. Its a great escape type of show, not one to nitpick about IMHO.

Who else loved Monroe stumbling over asking Rosalie to move in with him. I love this couple - so much more than I do Nick and Juliette lol. And what's up with Nick continuing to turn blue!
    Florimel likes this.

Folks also know better than to believe that there really is a Grimm running around out there killing wesen. It didn't mess with my common sense and internal logic at all. You have to suspend all belief for shows like these, and I do so willingly and happily. Its a great escape type of show, not one to nitpick about IMHO.

Who else loved Monroe stumbling over asking Rosalie to move in with him. I love this couple - so much more than I do Nick and Juliette lol. And what's up with Nick continuing to turn blue!

It to me was a and overly used tired plot device that screams lazy writing and the show and the fans deserve better. I just felt it was the weakest part of the episode and just dumb and stupid. It's a fun show... and I don't like it when TPTB mess with my fun,

+ Reply to Thread