+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree234Likes

Thread: Grimm - NBC

Re: Grimm - NBC, Fridays

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Thanks for the info about when last night's episode will air. I kept looking in case they put it on sooner. They are rerunning The Voice tonight. Why don't they just put Grimm there? Of course that would tick people off if they didn't learn about it in time.

In other news - Grimm will move to TUESDAYS starting April 30. It's replacing Ready for Love. I actually liked it on Fridays. Getting the creepy, scary stuff on a Friday night, like the good old days with Chiller Theater (not sure if that was regional or not).

NBC Pulls 'Ready For Love', Moves 'Grimm' To Tuesdays - Deadline.com
    Yeah, it was my to go to TV show for Friday nights how stupid it was doing so well there. Guess they want to put it up against NCIS and NCIS: LA.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I agree. Friday night was perfect. There goes NBC again, messing with success. The only upside is that Ready for Love will be gone, gone, gone.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, dang! I liked it just fine on Fridays....nothing else on that night, easy to tape if we are out, and if we aren't something to watch... And we need to change the name of the thread....
    And Tuesdays at 10?

Fridays was perfect. I don't watch anything else on Fridays. Tuesdays at 10? That means it's against Body of Proof, so I'll have to watch one of them OnDemand
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

the new time slot is this permanent? I loved it on Friday nights!!!!!

Usually a Friday slot means kiss of death. Tuesdays at 10 I can do. I don't watch Body of Proof or NCIS. I wonder if part of the reason they are moving it is due to the level of gore. Friday is more of a family night for watching TV than Tuesdays. Anyway, nothing will keep me from getting my Grimm on!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Geesh, I hope NBC doesn't end up killing Grimm because they put it in a more competitive time slot. Pretty stupid, but I'm sure it's happened before. A show is successful, so they put it in a time slot where they hope to steal viewers. It doesn't happen and ratings drop, so they cancel the show.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

I think originally the network put it on Fridays so it could die a quick death and viola Grimm avoided the "Friday Night Kiss of Death" and now they are moving it to a new night and time slot also moves that can be "Kisses of Death". Brilliant just brilliant.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Somebody forgot to give the NBC executives their pacifiers.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

The listing at 9PM on Friday freaked me out because it went to "To Be Announced." It is still set as a recordable program, so I went to NBC online and discovered they still have it listed to play at that date and time, but they carried forward the episode we didn't see last week, "Ring of Fire", which is probably why the Guide went wonky.

I laughed when I noticed a video on the Grimm site titled something like, YAY Back to Fridays! It is the cast loving their timeslot.

Once again a plea...please don't mess with the Grimm!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread