+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Grimm - NBC

Re: Grimm - NBC, Fridays

To be honest, I haven't liked the Juliette character since the beginning, not at all. Although I think the show runners are trying to beef up her role now, for me she has served as a deus ex machina to being Nick and the Captain together. It that's the case, she has served her purpose and can leave any time now. I, for one, won't miss her.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

That Wessen made me squeamish...blech! Cool that Nick now has a new sense as a result though. Looks like it's gonna be awhile before Juliette knows what's up.

Well, somebody was channeling their inner Jedi, I wonder if Lucasfilm will be suing or maybe Disney now that they have bought the rights to the films. That ending scene reminded me so much of the original Star Wars films where Obi Wan is attempting to teach Luke to harness the force while blindfolded; Nick does a much better job then Luke did.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, he's not harnessing the force, just his new superhearing! Much easier!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I can do without these episodes which have gore as the highlight of the show. This is the kind of episode that almost lost me as a viewer last season. It wasn't until the last few episodes last year that there started being more than just gross or shocking scenes. When I can't watch a fair portion of the show, it makes me want to shut off the TV and not tune in again next week.
    Florimel likes this.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Well, he's not harnessing the force, just his new superhearing! Much easier!
    That was my take on it. He could hear the fruit moving through the air. It wasn't the Force.
    Florimel likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The episode that was to air tonight, April 19 will air next week April 26 due to all the coverage of the capture of the second Boston Bombing suspect. Yeah, cancel Grimm just so you can watch 2 hours of police and ambulance lights and a bunch of bureaucrats and reporters go blah, blah, blah. Rather watch Grimm.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, silly me.... He was captured just before 9 east coast time, so I actually thought we'd get the show, slightly delayed maybe, but get it. Or that they would show it at 10. But no, 2 straight hours of rehash... Don't get me wrong, glad to see him captured, but after a several days of this story I was looking forward to my Grimm, the less grim alternative!
    Ellen and Florimel like this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    The episode that was to air tonight, April 19 will air next week April 26 due to all the coverage of the capture of the second Boston Bombing suspect. Yeah, cancel Grimm just so you can watch 2 hours of police and ambulance lights and a bunch of bureaucrats and reporters go blah, blah, blah. Rather watch Grimm.
    Thanks for the info about when last night's episode will air. I kept looking in case they put it on sooner. They are rerunning The Voice tonight. Why don't they just put Grimm there? Of course that would tick people off if they didn't learn about it in time.

In other news - Grimm will move to TUESDAYS starting April 30. It's replacing Ready for Love. I actually liked it on Fridays. Getting the creepy, scary stuff on a Friday night, like the good old days with Chiller Theater (not sure if that was regional or not).

NBC Pulls 'Ready For Love', Moves 'Grimm' To Tuesdays - Deadline.com
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

No, not Tuesdays! All my time slot double DVR records are full. For the moment I'm recording a 3 AM showing of Defiance, and if Grimm doesn't repeat, I'll have to watch on the computer or On Demand. Ahem...I Demand they keep it on time slot free Fridays!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread