+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Like Tree252Likes

Thread: Grimm - NBC

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Grimm - NBC, Fridays

You can certainly see the similarity to Buffy... Ordinary person genetically programmed to "get" monsters...even a picture book of demon types a la Buffy. And the kookie friend (the good werewolf). I agree the balance was a l ittle off somehow, but it was interesting and I'll give it another try...although if it competes with Fringe it may have to wait. I expect Fringe to end soon, and want to see how it wraps. Last night there was no Fringe, just a ballgame (ok, a world series game).

Saw the pilot episode, not that impressed. It may improve. Hopefully the network will give it a chance to develop a fan base however it has some stiff competition going against Supernatural and Fringe and on Friday nights.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

Was the guy in the van at the end of the episode with the blonde the head cop that the lead had spoken to earlier?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I caught some of the episode and I wanted to like it more than I did. I didn't watch all the way through and was kind of half paying attention but it feels like another crime show and I'm just not that interested in that.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

We just watched it on Hulu and liked it. I read an article that said 1 of the 2 exec producers worked on Buffy and both worked on Angel. That definitely showed, I thought, as I had a ton of flashbacks of Angel while watching this (right down to the music they played during the credits). But since I liked Angel, I don't mind. I'm just surprised NBC went with a show like this - I see it more on CW like Buffy and Angel were.

I don't think a Friday night slot is good for it, though.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Creepy. However, I want to live in the Big Bad Wolf's house in the woods. It was perfect.

Like in the first season of Angel, one of the "monsters" will grudgingly help out the last Grimm. I'm glad the great-aunt survived so we can get more of a telling of the family history.

It's on my DVR.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Interesting premise and some good actors, but too much gory hack and slash -- not what I find entertaining. I agree with Miss Scarlet's opinion. I might check it out again if it's On Demand, but opposite Fringe, I won't be watching live.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I thought it was pretty good, although not exactly what I expected. I will keep watching to see where it goes. It does seem curious that NBC put it on Fridays. I always thought of Fridays as the spot where they move shows right before they die.

I think I watched an episode of this Friday night. The title from Time Warner Cable said one thing, but the show I saw looked like the one they showed a preview for named GRim. The title under the progarm said Prime Suspect, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that, but Grim. It was about a little girl who was abducted and kept in the cellar of a house in the woods. What that GRim? I liked it.

CCL

Yes that was Grimm. Friday must have been weird for tvs or something - I recorded CSI New York but when I went to watch it it was CSI Miami.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread