+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Grimm - NBC

Re: Grimm - NBC, Fridays

If it is supposed to be like the fairy tale, she is going to be forever in love with the Captain because he was the prince charming who woke her from her slumber. As soon as she woke up and couldn't remember anything about Nick, I had that A-Ha moment where she is probably going to be with the Captain. Should be interesting.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I think there might be a twist with the impervious Captain finally falling.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I Monroe! I wasn't familiar with a lot of Silas Weir Mitchell's work, but I loved him as Seymour in Burn Notice and now in Grimm. He's shown he's capable of dramatic and comedic excellence and I hope he finds a lot of work after Grimm ends.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

The captain can't allow himself to get into a relationship with Juliette. He said that she is the key to keeping Nick in Portland. However, we all know how weak the heart is. Maybe, as speculated above, it will be the captain's undoing, and Nick will move from Portland (with Hank and Monroe? And Rosalee?). I can see the writers wanting a change of scenery to potentially give them more to work with, but Hank, Monroe and Rosalee are too popular or important to Nick and/or the fans for them to erase from the show. But what adults who are established in their careers and/or businesses move to another city to be with their friend?
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Fort Member

I can live without Juliette
    The character annoyed me even before she became sleeping beauty
    With all the things she had been through and all the strrange stuff that had happened
    Why when the man she supposedly loved told her and showed her the reason she instantly thought he was mentally ill?
    It made no sense
    If my partners aunt had been attacked on the street then in the hospital, if i had been kidnapped by a strange woman, if strange people kept leaving gifts on my door step and i had seen massive footprints leading to murdered people and a horse with giant teeth marks made by something leaving strage hairs I would be willing to believe anything the man I love tells me or I would at least be more accepting of the idea than she was
    Plus if a cat scratched me that deep I would definately go see a doctor
    I really love this show but that whole thing annoyed me and made me really dislike the character as it was not how she should have reacted to him so I would be happy to see her go
    Florimel and BuckeyeAddict like this.

FORT Fan

I'm not terribly fond of Juliette, but I think I can understand where she's coming from. Frankly, nothing except seeing one of the wesen would convince me that Nick wasn't crazy. In my mind, even if it was someone I loved and trusted, I wouldn't believe them if they suddenly told me fairy tales were true and tried to use their dead aunt's last few possessions as proof. Frankly, the trailer proves nothing to someone not in the know except maybe that Marie was a collector of things related to folk tales from around the world and old weapons. The potion bottles could have been filled with anything. And Nick's behavior regarding Adalind would seem to an outsider to be more of how a man would act when he's cheated with someone close to his girl and is desperately trying to hide it. He'd have done better to start by asking Monroe to change in front of her.

As for the cat scratches....well, I've had cats just about all my life and I've been scratched countless times, including many very deep scratches. Never gone to the doctor, just cleaned them really well, took some Benadryl to reduce the swelling, and bandaged it. As a vet, I don't blame Juliette for taking car of it herself unless she saw signs that a dangerous infection was setting in.

My main issue with the character is that she really doesn't advance the plot at all. There was the time she threw boiling water in the ogre guy's face. And the other time when she pressed Nick to look into the spousal abuse thing. And then when Adalind poisoned her, but even that didn't have much of an effect on the main action of the episodes, it was just something for Nick to work through between creature battles. As a character, her actions make sense to me, but it seems like the character could easily be omitted without anything missing, and that's a fault of the writers. I think the only way her character could become interesting is if she accepts what Nick is telling her and gets involved in his world. As a regular person who has nothing to do with helping him in his cases either knowingly or unknowingly (unlike Hank before this season and the Asian police officer) she really adds nothing to the story.

I think they are keeping her around as a conflict for both Nick and the Captain. Nick loves her, but the Captain won't be able to shake off the potion's effects and become enthralled by her. I wouldn't be surprised if he stalks her. It would be a secondary storyline, but bring in a social drama rather than all the violent drama.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Since watching Face Off, I've become curious about who does the makeup and monsters for Grimm. His name is Barney Burman and below is an article about the work that goes into creating creatures. For photos and videos, you will need to visit the site.

Meet 'Grimm's' Man Behind the Monsters (Exclusive Photos, Video) - Hollywood Reporter

Meet 'Grimm's' Man Behind the Monsters
    4:15 AM PDT 5/3/2012 by Jethro Nededog

Oscar-winning make-up FX artist Barney Burman shows THR what it's like to create the many creatures on NBC's supernatural series.

Every episode, Grimm fans are taken in by its many monsters and twists on the fairytales they’ve grown up on. Make-up FX artist Barney Burman is the man who takes the series’ monsters from the script pages and on to the screen.

With his own shop, Proteus Make-up FX, in North Hollywood, Burman comes from an accomplished line of make-up FX artists. His grandfather made masks and props for the original Wolfman and Twilight Zone series. His father, Emmy-winner Thomas R. Burman, worked on Body Snatchers, Star Kid, Powder, Carrie 2 and The X Files, among others.

Burman’s own credits include How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Planet of the Apes, Men in Black 2, Haunted Mansion, and JJ Abrams’ 2009 Star Trek, which earned the make-up FX artist an Academy Award.

“The Star Trek film was definitely a huge challenge,” Burman tells The Hollywood Reporter. “It was the biggest film I had done to date and it was about six months of sleeping four hours a night and just keep going and going and going and it took so much of my focus -- just a crazy amount of energy that it took to get that done.”

Grimm’s production schedule is challenging, as well. Burman and his team may have as few as four days to create a monster from scratch. In comparison, Burman says he’d usually ask for at least three weeks for a straight make-up assignment. He must also deal with distance, since the series shoots in Portland.

“It really does vary quite a bit per episode, which is one of the things I really love about it is that it isn’t just kind of doing the same thing,” he says of the many creatures for the series. “It’s creating over and over again each episode. Often we’ve had situations where we’ve had to make a full dead body in five days or we did an episode with some Bigfoot characters and we had four days to get our first one done. I’ve had up to about seven or eight people in my shop in L.A. plus as many as three or four people up in Portland all working at the same time.”

For Friday’s Cinderella-inspired episode titled “Happily Ever Aftermath,” the series tasked Burman with creating the “Murcielago,” a bat-like creature with red eyes, rows of teeth and a death-inducing scream.
    football_chick likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Thanks for the information, Arielflies. I think he's a genius as is the cinematographer. They make those transitions back and forth so seamless, it does seem real.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Didn't like the latest episode it felt very throw away. Really, I don't get why neither Nick or Hank did not shot at the car as it was right there close to them, instead they go chasing after one of the other dudes.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread