+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Grimm - NBC

Re: Grimm - NBC, Fridays

I said last week that I thought Nick would have to read Hank in pretty soon and I'm delighted it happened this week. I think Hank took it so well because he knows, at least, that he isn't imagining all these things. I really did like the episode, and I love Mark Pellegrino and I have always loved the work of Australian actor, John Pyper-Ferguson.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I just found out the new season started! I have been deleting the episodes because I thought my tivo were picking up ones we did not see (I did check to see if only first run was checked)....it looks like a grimm marathon for me this long weekend. why would anyone start the new season in the middle of August???????? on the other hand, glad it is back...love the show.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia View Post
    I just found out the new season started! I have been deleting the episodes because I thought my tivo were picking up ones we did not see (I did check to see if only first run was checked)....it looks like a grimm marathon for me this long weekend. why would anyone start the new season in the middle of August???????? on the other hand, glad it is back...love the show.
    Hey I am thrilled that the show started early as so many shows are now starting at the end of September or even October. Also remember this show is switching to Friday nights the week of September 17th.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Most of the networks stagger start their new seasons/shows so that they aren't all airing at once. It leaves more room for viewers to try more shows.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I think the networks are also staggering the shows so if they have one that is not doing well they can have a mid season replacement really to go.

I have never seen a show a network such as abc, nbc or cbs start on August 13....any other show start that early?

I do agree on all your statements -- but man I was just surprised to see it start so early! Oh well it's back on and I get to enjoy the show again....I hope it will be a good season!

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I think this season of Grimm is much better than last year. Monroe is still my favorite character and honestly, I prefer watching him over anyone else. I do think the other characters have improved this year and I really like the addition of Mary Mastrantonio as Nick's mom. Her character adds depth to the show and gives some much needed Grimm background. She revealed the reason to Nick's purpose other than just chasing creatures who had gone astray.
    Florimel and cantstopwatchin like this.

I just hope they don't have a huge mid season break that really messes up with the weekly anticipation for episodes especially if the show is fun, fun, fun. The second season is much better than the first.
    Florimel likes this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I actually thought it was a great idea. It's about the only series that's started new shows so far. So if you're looking for something new, here it is, ahead of schedule. And they're giving plenty of overview at the beginning to help newbies catch up a little. Great way to suck new people in.

I kind of wonder about why Hank can suddenly see. Was he shocked into it when he ran into Monroe? OTOH, Nick couldn't see until not too long ago either. But he's a Grimm. What is Hank? Why is he special? I'm glad he can see - I'm really looking forward to seeing how it changes the storyline. But is there something we don't know? Did he get bitten or scratched, or did Captain Renard do something to help him (for who knows what reason)? Heck, maybe it's because of that spell Adalind put him under.

The only storyline I'm not excited about is with Juliette. It is very strange that she can remember everything except Nick. And we know it's important to Captain Renard that their relationship continues to make sure Nick stays in Portland. So maybe the captain will intervene somehow. But I wouldn't mind if they broke up!
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Why would Nick not stay in Portland if Juliette and he broke up? That makes no sense to me.

Personally, I hope they do break up because I never felt any chemistry between then and I find Juliette really boring. She adds nothing to the show. Adalind and Nick hated each other but at least they had some kind of chemistry. I'm not saying he should be with her but it shows that he can have chemistry with someone, it's just not happening with Juliette.

I'd love to go on a picnic with Monroe! That looked like fun, at least until the sick dude showed up and ruined the party.

Hank can't see the critters like Nick can. In the past, we've seen that regular people can see Wessen when they're on the attack so that's not just Hank. Only Nick can see them when they're relatively calm, though. Like he saw Hank's friend, the coyotl, in his true form when he cried while reporting his daughter missing. Hank obviously didn't see that. He did see it, though, when the daughter transformed at the barn because she felt under attack. Maybe Nick is just slightly more attuned to it because he's a grimm.
    Florimel likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

+ Reply to Thread