+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Grimm - NBC

Re: Grimm - NBC, Fridays

I guess I'm confused. I thought the captain will turn out to be the prince. Wasn't his phone call to his family at the castle? I thought maybe he is part of the seven royal families that want their control back are are trying to get rid of the grimm? I think I must be missing something or a lot of somethings since I did such a quick catch up on the show. If someone can set me straight, thanks.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

The phone call Captain Renard made was to his brother who I assumed was part of the royal family since he was in a huge castle. Renard also appeared to morph into a Hexenbiest. Didn't Nick's mom say that the Wesen used to work for the royal family or they fought for them, something like that? Maybe Renard's mother hooked up with Wesen and he is part prince, part Wesen?

I'm so confused...

FORT Fogey

Yes, I think the captain is the Prince. Nick clearly doesn't know this, and it would help to explain how the captain has hidden it from him. The Prince looked like he was turning into something quite awful!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

It seems to me that the captain is the prince. I wasn't confused about that since the hexenbeast said Juliette had to be awakened by a prince and then he made arrangements to go kiss her in the hospital. Why would he do that if he wasn't a prince? Plus, Juliette wouldn't have woken up if he wasn't a prince.

Well, according to the hexenbeast he is a bastard prince. While the hexenbeast did call him handsome (I think she did). I would not call him handsome, rugged, craggy yes but not handsome. Just saying as the writers are using that old stand by rule of waking "sleeping beauty" with a kiss from a handsome prince.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Okay, show of hands - how many people said "Who are you?" before Juliette did? Such a tired, over-used plot device. Not happy
    pikachu and cantstopwatchin like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Okay, show of hands - how many people said "Who are you?" before Juliette did? Such a tired, over-used plot device. Not happy
    Gosh darn none of us saw that coming.

I don't mind a old plot device but infuse it with a twist folks else you get labeled "lazy writer".
    cantstopwatchin likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

In their defense, they did kind of tell/show us Juliette would have amnesia beforehand when she was dreaming while comatose and Nick's face started fading from his body... And I thought the Hexen said that someone 'pure of heart' had to wake Juliette, which was why the Capt. had to take that potion, not that he had to be a prince...

At this point, I'm writing off Juliette's storyline in favor of Mommy Grimm - I want to know what the heck she's up to! (Plus, I love Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio!)
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    In their defense, they did kind of tell/show us Juliette would have amnesia beforehand when she was dreaming while comatose and Nick's face started fading from his body... And I thought the Hexen said that someone 'pure of heart' had to wake Juliette, which was why the Capt. had to take that potion, not that he had to be a prince...

At this point, I'm writing off Juliette's storyline in favor of Mommy Grimm - I want to know what the heck she's up to! (Plus, I love Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio!)
    Completely agree. Mary Elizabeth Mastroantionio is fantastic as Mommy Grimm, no surprise there. I haven't found Juliette to be a compelling character from the start. Rosalee is a much more interesting female character for me.

Does anyone else think Nick is going to have to read Hank in fairly soon?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

All right. Can Monroe be any more adorable? I just loved how angry he was getting about his sweetie being threatened! And Rosalee was cute enjoying him being upset!

I agree with you, Florimel, about Juliette. I never did warm up to her. Kind of kept waiting for Nick to heed his aunt's advice and break it off with Juliette.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

+ Reply to Thread