+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Grimm - NBC

Re: Grimm - NBC, Fridays

Oh see, I like Rosalee and Monroe together I'm still not sure I totally trust his mom either - maybe that was the vibe you were getting thinking for a second she was Adelind? And speaking of...I bet we haven't seen the last of her! I'm happy too there's a new epi next week I thought the show felt a little different this time around. A bit darker...which is OK by me. But I liked the format of a weekly story while keeping the underlying mythology-mystery going. I hope they don't totally scrap that idea and focus solely on the coins/map/ultimate power thing.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Loved last night's episode. There's something about his mom that doesn't sit quite right with me... should be an interesting storyline.

I wasn't a big fan of season 1 of Grimm I thought it wasn't that well written and the supernatural beasts were like second grade theater class Papier-mâché masks. But after having suffered through season 1 I must admit episode 1 of season 2 flowed quite well, nicely paced, interesting plot lines etc. I wonder if you haven't done your homework by watching season 1 would a newbie be confused about what the heck was going on? The nuances I think would be missed but not the overall plot.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I think the mom has something going on as well. The whole key/map thing brings a whole new twist. If all Grimms are killed and the keys found.....the world could end as they know it. I think the Captain knows that and that is why he has been keeping Nick close.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    Loved last night's episode. There's something about his mom that doesn't sit quite right with me... should be an interesting storyline.
    I was thinking the same thing! I was waiting for her to hit Nick over the head or something once he gave her the coins...

So who's going to wake Juliette up? I hope it's Nick but won't be surprised if it's someone new...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I kept wondering if that wasn't really Nick's mom, but some imposter from the other side. But she knows too much. How would she know about the trailer and the contents? Surely that was a tightly held secret.

Did she look like she was getting that greedy look when Nick pulled out the coins? However, she was willing to put them aside so they could take care of the more important task of dealing with the creature that was killing people. Or maybe she knows they'd stand a better chance of defeating it if they both went at it, rather than risking having to have them both face it separately. I dunno, but I also am feeling like there has to be a twist with her storyline. Could the show handle another main character? Or will they have her go to another part of the world to make sure 2 Grimms didn't get killed at once?
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

I never watch horror shows or films; it's just a genre that I've never liked at all. However, since all of season 1 is still available On Demand, I' though I'd give it a try. I've watched almost all of it over the past few weeks with just 3 episodes to go plus episode 1 of season 2. Grimm has turned out to be the exception to my rule. Characters are what I look at first and I think these characters are quite entertaining. Monroe makes the show for me, so I'm set to dvr.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

They reran that first episode I think--yay, as I missed it. Nick's interaction with his mom reminds me of the spy set in the BuyMore computer store story, whose mom was also a spy and "came back".... or Bones, whose parents abandoned her for her own good.

FORT Fogey

I really wanted to see what the prince truly was, but they only gave us a glimpse. I wonder how long they'll keep he and Juliet apart? That'll be the way Nick finds out, who the prince is!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm confused now. Last night's show made it seem like Nick's boss is some kind of wesen. If so, how come Nick wasn't able to tell that?

I'm also wondering if Nick's boss knew he was a grimm when he started working there, or did the boss finagle his way into that position after finding out that they had a grimm working there.

For being a cop, Nick wasn't very good at covering his tracks at the warehouse homicide. He left his gun at the site and he sure came up with a lame excuse for the phone call.

Then his mom telling Nick not to make the same mistake she did and leave the person he loved to protect them, as she's walking out the door to vanish from his life...again. Huh? Why don't you take your own advice, lady, and stick around this time? You could get your own house or live one town over so you can be within visiting distance of Nick without living out of his home.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

+ Reply to Thread