+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Grimm - NBC

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Grimm - NBC, Fridays

I only wish the finale could have been two hours. It seemed like they tried to pack too much into it and still didn't have time to address a lot of issues. I originally thought the guy photographing Nick and Monroe was going to be either Hank or someone that Hank hired and that Hank was going to confront Nick about the things he had seen. I also felt like Nick's explanation to Juliette seemed rushed. That couldn't be helped since they had only an hour to wrap things up but I tihnk more time would have helped.

I'm anxiously awaiting season two. I love this show so much and can't wait to see what happens next! Friday's will be so dull with only Say Yes to the Dress: Bridesmaids to look forward to.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

That was kind of like the end of a fireworks show. Stuff exploding all over the place! Wow!

Somebody remind me - who has the gold coins? Are they in Nick's trailer? Or do we not know?

I could not place Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio at first! I knew I recognized her. So is she REALLY his mom? Part of me thinks either she isn't, or she'll die quickly or have to go back to where ever she's been all this time. I'm not sure the show can take another major character. And I think she'd HAVE to be a major character if she was to hang out in Portland.

I'm also wondering what Juliette has become. Is she just going to have the curse of changing into things from time to time, or is she completely altered?

I'm glad the new season is starting in "late summer." Hopefully that means sometime in late August, and not something like September 21, which is the last official day of summer!
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Well, NBC is broadcasting the Summer 2012 Olympics this year and that runs 16 days the last week of July through the second week of August. So I wonder if they will run episode before, during or after the Olympics?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

they will probably wait til after the olympics..but they made it seem that it will start before some of the other fall shows will...which is fine with me...I am so fed up with the tv exec's deciding what we watch and don't watch and IMO its gotta to where the ratings don't really matter IMO cause Fox is the perfect example Alacatraz and Terra Nova both did better than Touch but Touch got renewed and the other two got cut...my gut says that the good ole boy system is in the works there...every season I get more and more apprehension about new shows cause I don't want to get attached to ones then have them cut...I would do better off going to the star trek web site and watch ole episodes of it or watch my LOST dvd's...lol

I am very concerned about Juliette and I am hoping Monroe and the girl running the herb shop can come up with something to help her...I have to wonder what she will turn into it if they don't

as for Nick's mother showing up..I am on the fence...is it really his mother or not
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I could swear we saw a flash of Nick's boss as something not human very early on, but maybe we just saw him obviously collaborating with Weson (sp?).

At first I thought they would cure his fiancee after she fell into a delirium and that she wouldn't recall any of the previous conversation (but maybe it would come back in bits in dreams or something over the next season, so he'd finally really tell her---kind of like all the ways they delay having Clark tell Lois about Superman), but when she opened her eyes it did seem more like she was turning into something. We'll see!

Monroe makes the show, but Nick is getting stronger (and his partner is, too), and wow, is he cute.

I missed the episode with the coins, as did some others apparently, so if anyone knows why they are so important and who has them, can you fill us in? Thanks!

I knew it was going to be Nick's mom somehow, with all the talk of her while this sexy but much older woman is sneaking around, seemingly also opposed to the Japanese guy with the Viking tattoo. Reminded me of Bones and of that now cancelled show set in the computer store/spy ring.

I'm actually going to be in England during and right after the Olympics (SIg. other is seeing a bit with my brother) so I hope they don't actually start Grimm right after the Games!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I missed the episode with the coins, as did some others apparently, so if anyone knows why they are so important and who has them, can you fill us in? Thanks!
    Here is the episode summary... I know it's a lot but it reads like a story so it goes by quickly

Three Europeans, Hans, Soledad and Yuri, prepare for a jewelry heist. Hans, Yuri and Soledad are all Shakals, or Grimm jackal creatures. Meanwhile, an old man named Sam closes up his jewelry shop for the night. Sam carries his valuable items to a walk-in vault in the back as the front door of the shop smashes open. Sam sees the robbers coming and pulls the vault door shut just in time. Hearing a drill at the door, Sam knows he doesn't have much time left. His attention turns to his most valuable item: a small box on a shelf. He opens the box to find three ancient, well-worn gold coins fitted neatly inside. Sam stares at them for a moment, and then, one by one, he swallows them! A huge explosion bursts open the door and shatters the glass, sending hundreds shards into Sam's face and body. Later, Nick and Hank arrive at the crime scene to find Sam's mangled body and an expert break-in; these criminals definitely knew what they were doing.

Meanwhile, the robbers arrive back at their base to discover that the coins they were searching for are nowhere to be found amongst their spoils. The three immediately turn on each other, claiming that someone secretly snatched the coins on site. Frustrated, Soledad leaves, while Hans and Yuri's heated argument turns violent, as the two draw their guns. During their standoff, a third, unknown figure appears in the mix, and the three creep quietly around the house, guns drawn. In the midst of the chaos, Yuri and Hans end up shooting each other, leaving an unknown man and hawk-like Grimm creature (Steinadler) standing over their dead bodies.

Harper reports back to Nick and Hank with an interesting find from Sam's body. She reveals the three coins she discovered inside of Sam; they must be pretty valuable if he swallowed them. Hank anxiously collects the coins for evidence, and Harper is strangely upset to see them go. Later, Nick and Hank track the car found in footage from the crime scene to the criminal hideout. They find the two dead robbers, in addition to Farley Holt, the hawk-like creature. Nick sees him transform and arrests Farley, bringing him into the station for questioning. It seems that the longer Hank holds onto the coins, the more worked up he gets. Hank roughs up Farley a little too much and is extremely resistant to handing over the coins to Captain Renard. Nick notices Hank's angry behavior and tells Hank to take the rest of the day off and head home to cool off. Meanwhile, the captain feels the power of the coins, examining them proudly. He calls an unknown associate, explaining that the famous Coins of Zakynthos just came across his desk.

Farley, well aware that Nick's a Grimm, is a cooperative witness and explains the situation. The coins that the robbers were after are the Coins of Zakynthos, which were mined on the island of Zakynthos in ancient Greece in 8th century B.C. Certain coins struck from that mine were stamped with a swastika on one side, signifying good fortune, and a lion on the other, symbolizing power and wealth. The coins seem to give whoever holds them a charismatic influence over all other men. As the Greek Empire fell, the coins found their way to the Romans, and from there made their way into China and the Han Dynasty. Then they disappeared for several centuries until they finally reappeared in the Third Reich. After the war, the coins disappeared again; only a handful of people knew their whereabouts. Those people were Nick's ancestors, who have taken great care to hide the coins. But the Grimm who had the coins was killed 18 years ago, sending them back into circulation. The Grimm in question was the sister of the woman Farley was in love with; she left him in order to raise her sister's son. Nick silently makes the connection that the woman who was killed was likely his mother, and the woman Farley loved his aunt.

Because the book entries are in German, Nick recruits Monroe to do a bit of translating late at night in Aunt Marie's trailer. Nick learns about Shakals and Steinadlers; Shakals are ruthless killers, while Steinadlers are often involved with the military. Apparently, in the case of Steinadlers, it's hard to tell whose side they're on. While in the trailer, Monroe comes across an old movie projector and video camera, and Monroe's impressed by these valuable antiques. What use Aunt Marie had for them remains unknown.

The captain is completely taken over by the power of the coins and has a vivid fantasy of himself greeting cheering throngs of people as their powerful leader. He shows up to work in full officer garb the following day and announces that he's holding a press conference on the present state of law enforcement. The speech is grandiose and impressive and viewed by the media as the potential jumping off point for a promising political career.

With Soledad still at large, Nick and Hank investigate his last known whereabouts: a hotel room. While their suspect is no where to be found, they do find some incriminating documentation that describes the coins as unsafe for handling, as they contain mercury and other dangerous chemicals. Hank cites that perhaps that explains his erratic behavior, as well as that of the captain. When Nick can't find the coins in evidence, the two are sure that the captain has been keeping the coins on hand. Meanwhile, Soledad, disguised as an officer, continues to do everything in his power to get his hands on those coins. Since Farley's been cleared, Nick and Hank recruit him to help track down Soledad. They follow Soledad to a parking garage where he attacks the captain, knocking him to the ground. Nick and Hank shoot Soledad, and his dying words beg Nick to let him hold the coins just one more time. Meanwhile, the captain regains consciousness, and he anxiously searches his pockets for the coins, only to find them missing. Later, Nick confronts Farley in his hotel room, gun drawn. He tells Farley to put the coins on the dresser and slowly step away. Farley lunges for him, but Nick is ready. He hits Farley hard with his gun and recovers the coins, telling Farley to forget about the coins forever.
    mom2 likes this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    Here is the episode summary... I know it's a lot but it reads like a story so it goes by quickly

Three Europeans, Hans, Soledad and Yuri, prepare for a jewelry heist. Hans, Yuri and Soledad are all Shakals, or Grimm jackal creatures. Meanwhile, an old man named Sam closes up his jewelry shop for the night. Sam carries his valuable items to a walk-in vault in the back as the front door of the shop smashes open. Sam sees the robbers coming and pulls the vault door shut just in time. Hearing a drill at the door, Sam knows he doesn't have much time left. His attention turns to his most valuable item: a small box on a shelf. He opens the box to find three ancient, well-worn gold coins fitted neatly inside. Sam stares at them for a moment, and then, one by one, he swallows them! A huge explosion bursts open the door and shatters the glass, sending hundreds shards into Sam's face and body. Later, Nick and Hank arrive at the crime scene to find Sam's mangled body and an expert break-in; these criminals definitely knew what they were doing.

Meanwhile, the robbers arrive back at their base to discover that the coins they were searching for are nowhere to be found amongst their spoils. The three immediately turn on each other, claiming that someone secretly snatched the coins on site. Frustrated, Soledad leaves, while Hans and Yuri's heated argument turns violent, as the two draw their guns. During their standoff, a third, unknown figure appears in the mix, and the three creep quietly around the house, guns drawn. In the midst of the chaos, Yuri and Hans end up shooting each other, leaving an unknown man and hawk-like Grimm creature (Steinadler) standing over their dead bodies.

Harper reports back to Nick and Hank with an interesting find from Sam's body. She reveals the three coins she discovered inside of Sam; they must be pretty valuable if he swallowed them. Hank anxiously collects the coins for evidence, and Harper is strangely upset to see them go. Later, Nick and Hank track the car found in footage from the crime scene to the criminal hideout. They find the two dead robbers, in addition to Farley Holt, the hawk-like creature. Nick sees him transform and arrests Farley, bringing him into the station for questioning. It seems that the longer Hank holds onto the coins, the more worked up he gets. Hank roughs up Farley a little too much and is extremely resistant to handing over the coins to Captain Renard. Nick notices Hank's angry behavior and tells Hank to take the rest of the day off and head home to cool off. Meanwhile, the captain feels the power of the coins, examining them proudly. He calls an unknown associate, explaining that the famous Coins of Zakynthos just came across his desk.

Farley, well aware that Nick's a Grimm, is a cooperative witness and explains the situation. The coins that the robbers were after are the Coins of Zakynthos, which were mined on the island of Zakynthos in ancient Greece in 8th century B.C. Certain coins struck from that mine were stamped with a swastika on one side, signifying good fortune, and a lion on the other, symbolizing power and wealth. The coins seem to give whoever holds them a charismatic influence over all other men. As the Greek Empire fell, the coins found their way to the Romans, and from there made their way into China and the Han Dynasty. Then they disappeared for several centuries until they finally reappeared in the Third Reich. After the war, the coins disappeared again; only a handful of people knew their whereabouts. Those people were Nick's ancestors, who have taken great care to hide the coins. But the Grimm who had the coins was killed 18 years ago, sending them back into circulation. The Grimm in question was the sister of the woman Farley was in love with; she left him in order to raise her sister's son. Nick silently makes the connection that the woman who was killed was likely his mother, and the woman Farley loved his aunt.

Because the book entries are in German, Nick recruits Monroe to do a bit of translating late at night in Aunt Marie's trailer. Nick learns about Shakals and Steinadlers; Shakals are ruthless killers, while Steinadlers are often involved with the military. Apparently, in the case of Steinadlers, it's hard to tell whose side they're on. While in the trailer, Monroe comes across an old movie projector and video camera, and Monroe's impressed by these valuable antiques. What use Aunt Marie had for them remains unknown.

The captain is completely taken over by the power of the coins and has a vivid fantasy of himself greeting cheering throngs of people as their powerful leader. He shows up to work in full officer garb the following day and announces that he's holding a press conference on the present state of law enforcement. The speech is grandiose and impressive and viewed by the media as the potential jumping off point for a promising political career.

With Soledad still at large, Nick and Hank investigate his last known whereabouts: a hotel room. While their suspect is no where to be found, they do find some incriminating documentation that describes the coins as unsafe for handling, as they contain mercury and other dangerous chemicals. Hank cites that perhaps that explains his erratic behavior, as well as that of the captain. When Nick can't find the coins in evidence, the two are sure that the captain has been keeping the coins on hand. Meanwhile, Soledad, disguised as an officer, continues to do everything in his power to get his hands on those coins. Since Farley's been cleared, Nick and Hank recruit him to help track down Soledad. They follow Soledad to a parking garage where he attacks the captain, knocking him to the ground. Nick and Hank shoot Soledad, and his dying words beg Nick to let him hold the coins just one more time. Meanwhile, the captain regains consciousness, and he anxiously searches his pockets for the coins, only to find them missing. Later, Nick confronts Farley in his hotel room, gun drawn. He tells Farley to put the coins on the dresser and slowly step away. Farley lunges for him, but Nick is ready. He hits Farley hard with his gun and recovers the coins, telling Farley to forget about the coins forever.
    And? And? Was that the end? I saw that episode, but I forgot a lot. Did we see what Nick did with the coins? Or were we left to imagine?

How long before somebody follows Nick to the trailer? I don't remember ever seeing him taking special precautions or appear to be worried that somebody will track him there.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Nick has the coins in a protected box that he hid behind several things in the "closet" of his trailer.

The Captain does not change, as far as I know. He is simply one of the reapers that we have seen before that Nick killed.

I usually watch on demand but ended up watching this on Friday night as scheduled. In my duh haze, I felt like there was another episode. The last thing we know is that his fiance is in some sort of a coma due to the cat scratch and Monroe and the herb doctor are trying to figure out what to do correct? Also, his mom comes in and kills the guy who was supposed to be responsible for his parents deaths. My brain......lol... just want to be sure I didn't miss the finale. Thanks
    Yup, with donuts!!

&amp;quot;SPYING&amp;quot; ButterflyFaery's Avatar

all the episodes are available on video on demand if you have missed any or want to re watch any
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread