+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whitney

Whitney

I know, I thought this show was going to suck based on the commercials. Instead, at our house we're going out of our way to not miss it. (Is the sitcom back?? All of a sudden there's Big Bang, Modern Family, Suburgatory, & now Whitney.)

Anyway, this is some funny stuff. Great dynamic between Whitney & her b/f (who is a lot of fun, it's like he's trying not to laugh at some of the best lines). Is no one else watching? This is worth checking out. A little like Rules of Engagement (which has it's moments-gotta love Patrick Warbuton).
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Whitney

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I know, I thought this show was going to suck based on the commercials. Instead, at our house we're going out of our way to not miss it. (Is the sitcom back?? All of a sudden there's Big Bang, Modern Family, Suburgatory, & now Whitney.)

Anyway, this is some funny stuff. Great dynamic between Whitney & her b/f (who is a lot of fun, it's like he's trying not to laugh at some of the best lines). Is no one else watching? This is worth checking out. A little like Rules of Engagement (which has it's moments-gotta love Patrick Warbuton).
    I thought I was the only one like this show so far. I too, like the dynamic between the two main characters. I especially like the boyfriend's character. With so few sitcoms on TV that actually funny, I find myself laughing out loud at this one.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I'm liking this one! I esp like her b/f... he gets her and brings more to the relationship than just being her stooge.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I like it, and I was actually looking forward to it due to the commercials preceding the season - when commercials make me laugh, I'm going to wanna watch that show.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread