+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Luther (BBC America)

Re: Luther (BBC America)

Ohhhh....I'm DVR'ing all four epi's then binge watching this weekend....a lovely Luther marathon with a bottle of wine and a big bowl of pop corn I should stay out of this thread until Saturday, but I couldn't resist a peek Critical I agree, that finale truck scene last season was beyond intense! And I hope we see some more of Jenny too (or at least get an update this season). I really liked her character and Luther's relationship with her. OK....now no more peeking until after I've watched because I don't want to be spoiled. Happy Luther viewing this week all.....hurry up Saturday!!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Finished all four episodes (is that all there is for this season?) and hope there will be at least another season but it felt like a series finale. I'll put my thoughts in spoiler tags for those who may not have watched the last episode
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm bummed about Ripley, I really enjoyed his relationship and loyalty to Luther . And DCI Gray survives . I felt the vigilante killing the investigative cop who had it out for Luther a bit anti-climatic. I was hoping for a final showdown between those two. And while I love psycho Alice and her odd friendship with Luther, I was really disappointed that it seems like they are headed for something romantic. How could he ever sleep at night wondering if he might do something to piss her off? . Not that he had to end up with Mary but I just think he and Alice are much better as friends. Maybe I misinterpreted the final scene?
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Archie I felt the same as you! No spoilers - it's already aired so fair game. I literally yelled Nooooo! at my screen when he shot Ripley. Then of course I burst into tears And right, DCI Gray lives?? The one good thing about that though, is she will live the rest of her life knowing she was wrong about Luther. I hope she feels guilty as all heck about Ripley! As for the final scene, I think you were right, I just don't know how I feel about it Chucking his coat into the river was a "good bye" to Luther the cop - at least that was my interpretation. But I agree, if he's off with Alice, I hope he sleeps with one eye open! Although just maybe since she already fulfilled her wish of being a widow, she won't be so quick to off Luther. We'll just hope he keeps on fascinating her. I know he does me...
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Finished all four episodes (is that all there is for this season?) and hope there will be at least another season but it felt like a series finale. I'll put my thoughts in spoiler tags for those who may not have watched the last episode
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm bummed about Ripley, I really enjoyed his relationship and loyalty to Luther . And DCI Gray survives . I felt the vigilante killing the investigative cop who had it out for Luther a bit anti-climatic. I was hoping for a final showdown between those two. And while I love psycho Alice and her odd friendship with Luther, I was really disappointed that it seems like they are headed for something romantic. How could he ever sleep at night wondering if he might do something to piss her off? . Not that he had to end up with Mary but I just think he and Alice are much better as friends. Maybe I misinterpreted the final scene?
    Like Katydyd said, no need for spoiler tags once the episode has aired

This is the final season. There's talk of a prequel movie, but that's it.

I actually had a premonition that Ripley would die, so I wasn't surprised. I expected it to happen. Weird.

If the show has to end, I think they wrapped it up nicely. Although Mary was a sweet girl, Alice is a better match for John or at least a better cohort. I think she understands him. I just love her. That moment with the tack strip had me cheering. I knew she was showing up in that episode, but I didn't know how. Great entrance. I love that she's always wanted to be a widow. It's perfect.

Katydyd, I like the idea of Gray having to live with what she's done for the rest of her life. Stupid little misguided do-gooder. Surely she would be demoted for her part in what happened.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

There's talk of an Alice spinoff which I would love.
    Bit disappointed that there was no mention of Jenny or Mark.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'm watching the most recent season now that it is available on Netflix. I have one episode left, so I'm not reading comments yet. I was sad to see Ripley die. Once he started the confrontation with the vigilante guy I realized what was going to happen. They really did set up to make it extra sad with Luther encouraging him to move up in his job and him setting up the "date" with the female internal investigator lady.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123