+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gifted Man - CBS - Friday at 8:00 PM

Gifted Man - CBS - Friday at 8:00 PM

I just watched the first 3 episodes of this new show On Demand and it doesn't look like there is a thread yet. Anyone else watching? I found it intriguing and will keep watching. Here's a summary from tvrage.com:

"A Gifted Man" follows Michael Holt (Patrick Wilson), a brilliant and charismatic surgeon who, after his ex-wife, Anna, dies and starts to teach him the meaning of life. Thanks to his lucrative career as an exception doctor, Michel has lived the life of luxury and easiness. Michel's sister Christina (Julie Benz), a single mother to a teenaged son, Milo (Liam Aiken), is happy that Anna is back in her brother's life even though she is only an illusion. Michael was always a better person because of her. However, Rita (Margo Martindale) is concerned of Michael's sudden change in behavior.

Anna tells Michael to continue her work at the Free Clinic and there, Michael meets Autumn, a volunteer that continues Anna's legacy. Michael connects with her and realizes that he can do more than save the rich and famous. From producers Susannah Grant ("Erin Brockovich"), Academy Award winner Jonathan Demme ("The Silence of the Lambs") comes "A Gifted Man", a story of compassion and love in the medical field.

Re: Gifted Man - CBS - Friday at 8:00 PM

I'm also watching it, in part because it's spiritually real for me at this point in my life (although they don't have all the details quite right, LOL). And because Patrick Wilson is very easy on the eyes!

I wonder in which episode Michael's fancy car will disappear from the clinic neighborhood.

I'm not clear what facility Michael works at. From the in-patient rooms it must be like a hospital instead of a private clinic, but much too fancy for a facility funded primarily by insurance. Although his clientele is fairly upscale.

Yes, I'm waiting for his car to get stolen, spray-painted or left on concrete blocks with the wheels gone too! During the latest episode he was driving a Cadillac but previously he had something nicer, a Bentley or Aston Martin I think.

He owns the clinic with a few partners and that is their own private facility. They only deal with wealthy clients who will pay anything for the best care. A world away from his ex-wife Anna's clinic.

I definitely think this is a great concept. I'm not sure how it can go on for multiple seasons once the clinic is squared away with a new director.

I love the guy who plays Michael too. What else has he been in?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I'm also watching it, in part because it's spiritually real for me at this point in my life (although they don't have all the details quite right, LOL). And because Patrick Wilson is very easy on the eyes!I wonder in which episode Michael's fancy car will disappear from the clinic neighborhood.

I'm not clear what facility Michael works at. From the in-patient rooms it must be like a hospital instead of a private clinic, but much too fancy for a facility funded primarily by insurance. Although his clientele is fairly upscale.
    He's the main reason I watch, although I love Jennifer Ehle too. I'm a big Patrick Wilson fan, so I'm thrilled to get to see him on my TV every week instead of waiting for his next movie to come out!

I think it's an interesting concept and I'm enjoying the show so far, but it could descend into treacle like Touched by an Angel if they aren't careful.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I've really enjoyed this show. The season finale is this Friday. I hope it isn't the series finale. Has anyone heard anything?

I started watching this over the Christmas Break - I really like it and never miss it. I hope it makes another season. I haven't heard anything about it being cancelled. The fact that they didn't pull it for Feb sweeps is actually a good sign.

My only beef is with seeing the dead ex-wife. At some point he has to overcome whatever it is that's making him see her. The show doesn't need this element. I actually find it distracting and cheezy. You can always tell when the actors know she's there but are pretending not to see her.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

The show is supposed to include paranormal, but I hope they change it up a bit.

I know it's supposed to, ergo the title of the show, I just think it doesn't need that element to be successful.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I'm okay with the supernatural aspect of the show because I love Jennifer Ehle.

Maybe they will phase her out because I don't know if they counted on Patrick Wilson's chemistry with Rachelle Lefevre. After that kiss between Kate and Michael, I think that husband of Kate's is history!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I read on another site that it was cancelled but am hoping that the person who posted that got confused becuase this week is the season finale, which is kind if early. Keeping fingers crossed that it comes back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast