+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    What I meant was the episodes where the whole week was devoted to introducing a new storyline with multiple characters. I don't mind if that happens on occasion, but when it was basically every week something new, it made it hard for me to care about the new characters. Plus, I missed there being enough about the core characters. I don't mind new people being introduced as time goes on. I do hope it isn't the bombardment we had for a few episodes this season.

I think this very thing is what helped to kill of ALCATRAZ after just one season. They did the same thing - only with convicts.

I like learning more about the core characters - especially when their lives have two sides to explore.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

DUH! Thanks, y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I guess I wasn't clear. I also LOVE the fairytale world.

What I meant was the episodes where the whole week was devoted to introducing a new storyline with multiple characters. I don't mind if that happens on occasion, but when it was basically every week something new, it made it hard for me to care about the new characters. Plus, I missed there being enough about the core characters. I don't mind new people being introduced as time goes on. I do hope it isn't the bombardment we had for a few episodes this season.

Plus, does anyone know who (in the fairytale world) the female nurse or hospital worker was who wore a skirt and was with Dr. Whale?
    That's why I was hoping for a major push forward into the story line to get to delve more into the 500 cans of worms they have already opened. And really that is why I had some difficulty toward the end of this season watching. The story just kept moving sideways over and over again. Honestly if the show had not ended the way it did I probably wouldn't have watched next season because watching perpetual sideways and no forward movement just gets old for me.

If new characters come out next season I'm good with that as long as we're moving forward instead of staying in one spot spinning wheels or moving a little side to side story wise.

Great Photo Recap of the finale: Once Upon a Time: There's a Cloud Hanging Over Us - News - TV.com

The best part is the last pic of Charming and Snow looking a the big purple cloud and the write up is "YOUR 30 SECONDS OF HAPPINESS IS OVER!!!!!".
    Last edited by Bearcata; 05-15-2012 at 11:40 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Great Photo Recap of the finale: Once Upon a Time: There's a Cloud Hanging Over Us - News - TV.com

The best part is the last pic of Charming and Snow looking a the big purple cloud and the write up is "YOUR 30 SECONDS OF HAPPINESS IS OVER!!!!!".
    Thanks for the link; I always love those recaps. I love the steps to killing a dragon.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I think he meant magic. There have been many references throughout the season to true love being the most powerful magic. That is the product of true love he was referring to.

The one thing I was surprised by was that Emily had a real dragon to fight. So far, most of the things from fairytales have been reinterpreted as modern day things so I would have expected something metaphorical to slay, like a poisonous snake or cancer, and not a true dragon, which doesn't exist outside of fairytales.

Are you sure about that, pikachu? I'm only half joking because dragons have appeared in diverse cultures all over the world. I could see where some forms of dinosaur could be seen as dragons. Magic could have come from a time long ago when humans used a part of the brain that no longer functions. If none of this ever existed in some reality, I sometimes wonder how we managed to imagine it. I'm fully aware that this sounds weird and nonsensical, but it's the type of thing I enjoy contemplating.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I think he meant magic. There have been many references throughout the season to true love being the most powerful magic. That is the product of true love he was referring to.

The one thing I was surprised by was that Emily had a real dragon to fight. So far, most of the things from fairytales have been reinterpreted as modern day things so I would have expected something metaphorical to slay, like a poisonous snake or cancer, and not a true dragon, which doesn't exist outside of fairytales.
    Regina said that her punishment was that she trapped her in a special form, or some such. She was also down in some weird place that was probably the same as where she keeps the hearts. What I didn't get was how easy it was to kill the dragon. They just wrapped things up too quickly to suit me, I would have liked to see a 2 part wrap up so they could flesh it out a little more.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

It could have been that he knew that's what would be needed to break the spell.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    But there will be new characters introduced next season - they've already stated who a few are. I'm really glad they'll continue to do that - their time in FTL is always my favorite. Besides, any time they can surprise us with the Huntsman popping up is worth it to me. Heck, I want to find more fairytales that he could be in so we can have him back!
    I totally agree, that's one of the things that I love about this show. And that they often put unexpected twists to the fairytales that we all know. If it had degenerated into the Snow and Charming show, I would probably have tuned out, because I found them both boring in the extreme in Storybrooke. I loved it after Snow go cleared of murder how her feisty side started to come out. Oh, and any visit from the Huntsman is more than welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Regina said that her punishment was that she trapped her in a special form, or some such. She was also down in some weird place that was probably the same as where she keeps the hearts. What I didn't get was how easy it was to kill the dragon. They just wrapped things up too quickly to suit me, I would have liked to see a 2 part wrap up so they could flesh it out a little more.
    That's pretty much how I felt. I didn't think the finale was all that great because every time you turned around they were cramming in another storyline. Some of these stories really needed more time. For instance, I would have loved to see Jefferson's revenge spun out more, or perhaps more confrontations between Mr. Gold and Regina. (I loved that scene from the last episode where Regina came to him begging for more magic. "If I were you, I'd make traveling plans instead...") Regina/EQ may be the villain but she is also, next to Mr. Gold/Rumpy, the most compelling character on the show and I love her scenes. My favorite moment of this epi was one you found out that Gold had once again outsmarted Regina and stolen the love magic.

Speaking of Gold, that was another disappointment. "Darling, you're back! I love you! Now could you stand aside for one moment while I just do this little magic thing? Thanks." Uh-huh. Now that was romantic. Like somebody said earlier, I wonder if Belle will like Gold/Rumpy when she sees that he hasn't changed all that much. OTOH, that could provide another interesting plotline, of her trying to change him like she did back in FT Land. To be honest, though, part of me wishes he wouldn't change. When I was a kid, I read a book about comic book villains. The guy who played the lead villain in Superman II said in the introduction that he was never really tempted to play good guys "because villains get to have all the fun!" Regina and Gold may not be the good guys, but I have the most fun watching them.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread