+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 214 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 2137
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

  1. #901
    Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,502

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    This show confuses me. It's like every character is dual.

    For instance, the sheriff lady (sorry, can't remember her name!) just rescued Mary Margaret (Snow White) from jail. Now we're led to believe Snow White is her mother? WTF? It's very hard for me to keep things straight.

    There's a person from the past just like them and their future self is a different person. Or I guess it's not past and present but fairytale vs real world. To me, the fairytale stuff seems like it happened long ago.


    I'm glad Grimme isn't as convoluted! Personally, I prefer it to Once Upon a Time. I watch both shows, though.
    Last edited by pikachu; 05-01-2012 at 03:11 PM.

  2. #902
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,135

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    This show confuses me. It's like every character is dual.

    For instance, the sheriff lady (sorry, can't remember her name!) just rescued Mary Margaret (Snow White) from jail. Now we're led to believe Snow White is her mother? WTF? It's very hard for me to keep things straight.

    There's a person from the past just like them and their future self is a different person. Or I guess it's not past and present but fairytale vs real world. To me, the fairytale stuff seems like it happened long ago.


    I'm glad Grimme isn't as convoluted! Personally, I prefer it to Once Upon a Time. I watch both shows, though.
    They told us in episode 1 that Mary Margaret/Snow is Emma's mother. The people in Storybrooke are in our time, our world, our dimension. Where there is no magic. All of the characters are from Fairytale land where there is magic. They were just transported here...without their memories. It's almost like everyone has amnesia...except a few people who remember....the queen, Rumpy, the Mad hatter and August (who is Pinocchio).

    Every thing they show is Fairytale land actually happened. It's all stuff leading up to the curse and the exile to our world. The stuff you see happened around 30 years ago...because it led up to Emma being placed into the magic tree with Pinocchio and transported elsewhere to avoid the curse. All so she could save the town. Now remember...time stood still in Storybrooke for the characters until Emma arrived and decided to stay, so it makes perfect sense that her parents, Mary M and David, are the same age as Emma herself. Nobody there aged.

    I'm going to guess that you haven't seen every episode. If that's true, then that explains why you have a hard time following along. You kind of have to watch all of them to get the full picture.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  3. #903
    Loving the FORT! 2boysmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    41
    Posts
    416

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    Storybrooke is the new LOST...never thought I would be as addicted to a show as I was to LOST..just never thought it was possible...not only does this show stand on its on and you get involved with the characters..we now have had 2 shout outs to Tron...and was it just me or was the plane the same exact scene Jack saw when he was dying on the island????
    Okay, I'm completely "lost!". What plane scene? And I totally missed any Tron references!

  4. #904
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,167

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom View Post
    Okay, I'm completely "lost!". What plane scene? And I totally missed any Tron references!
    I missed the Tron references, but I'm guessing the plane scene is the one right after Pinocchio came out of the tree. A plane flew over his head and scared him, since he'd never seen anything like that before.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  5. #905
    Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,502

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    I didn't see Once Upon a Time when it first started but I did go back and watch the episodes from the beginning. I guess I forgot a lot from the early episodes since there was so much information being thrown out. It's just odd to me to have Snow White and Emma be the same age and best friends when they're actually mother and daughter!

    Plus the queen is alternately shown as being a good fairy and an evil fairy so that makes me confused about her, too.

    Don't get me wrong. I like the show, I just find it puzzling.

  6. #906
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,135

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I didn't see Once Upon a Time when it first started but I did go back and watch the episodes from the beginning. I guess I forgot a lot from the early episodes since there was so much information being thrown out. It's just odd to me to have Snow White and Emma be the same age and best friends when they're actually mother and daughter!

    Plus the queen is alternately shown as being a good fairy and an evil fairy so that makes me confused about her, too.

    Don't get me wrong. I like the show, I just find it puzzling.
    The evil Queen was good at one time. When her mother, the original evil queen killed the love of her life so she'd be forced to marry the king (Snow's father), is when she started changing from good to bad. Also...the little fairy you see in blue that pops up every now and then is not the queen. She's the fairy Godmother.

    As for the ages of Snow and Emma...I explained that. Snow was trapped in Storybrooke, where time did not move, therefore nobody aged. Emma lived somewhere else and was not under the curse so she continued to age and grow normally. Now she's in Storybrooke and time has started, the residents will start to age, as well. But she's the same age as her mother because basically Snow was frozen in time, so to speak. Does that make sense? If not, I'm willing to try again...lol
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  7. #907
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    Tron was Henry's lunchbox and the lost scene I think it wasn't a new scene I think it was the exact same scene from LOST used in OUAT when Pin came out of the tree and sheilded his eyes and the plane flew over the trees...I am almost 100% sure that was the last thing Jack saw on LOST before he closed his eyes was the plane with Kate, Claire, Sayid and the pilot..what was his name leaving

    its just one of those quirky things I like about the show...still love finding the LOST easter eggs tossed in
    cantstopwatchin and nanarama like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  8. #908
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,096

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    Tron was Henry's lunchbox and the lost scene I think it wasn't a new scene I think it was the exact same scene from LOST used in OUAT when Pin came out of the tree and sheilded his eyes and the plane flew over the trees...I am almost 100% sure that was the last thing Jack saw on LOST before he closed his eyes was the plane with Kate, Claire, Sayid and the pilot..what was his name leaving

    its just one of those quirky things I like about the show...still love finding the LOST easter eggs tossed in
    Yes, so do I. It's an added smile maker for me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

  9. #909
    Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,563

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    Regarding the spoiler, I'll wrap it just in case

    Click to see Spoiler:
    It has been confirmed that there will be another death of a major character and the producers have said they're going dark. I've heard rumors the death is Snow and now there's Henry. Either one will be a huge loss. I really hope they won't kill off Henry but perhaps his death is what sends Emma over the edge and sets up that scene with her about to chop off Regina's head? IDK. I'm just sad we're going to lose someone else...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

    ďI donít want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my painÖ It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.Ē - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

  10. #910
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,096

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    If that spoiler turns out to be true, it may just turn me off the show completely.

    Click to see Spoiler:
    I am not entertained by the death of a child. Any other character I could live with.
    .
    Longhornfan likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.