+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 219 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree1104Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

okay who was around the fire...I got the Ogre from Jack and the Beanstalk I think but was that Medusa?????? that doesn't fit
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

CCL

The old lady with her eyes sewn shut? That wasn't Medusa.
    Kristin Bauer plays Maleficent.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I think the one with her eyes shut was the witch from Hansel and Gretel.....remember she couldn't see very well and they fooled her by using an old chicken bone and pretending it was Hansel's (or Gretel's?) finger so she would think they weren't fattening up. I thought I couldn't get more excited over this show....wrong! I already can't wait for the next episode. I actually felt a bit sorry for the Evil Queen tonight. I was surprised to find out the guy was her father....and that his name was Henry! We also almost came to blows in our house debating whether or not she is aware of the curse in Storybrooke, and whether Rumpy knows...or if they both know but neither is sure if the other knows...or...
    cantstopwatchin likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Who is playing Maleficent?
    She plays Pam on True Blood.

I don't think any of them remember much. Just little niggles of thought here and there. Although I think that's about to change. But if I had to guess which one of them retains the most memory, it's Rumple.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Yes, but who physically brought the infant to the town? If the EQ can't leave the town, then somebody would have had to bring the baby to her.

Ahhh...nitpicky minds want to know.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Rumple brought Henry to town

Also, I would bet a poison apple that the queen remembers the time before the curse started. The look she gave
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Rumple after he left her in the garden after he said "please",oh yeah she remembers, but didn't think he did
    This is gonna get good.
    ps I thought Kristin Bauer's character would have been meaner.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

FORT Fogey

I love the premise and story of the show, but the casting is horrible. I do not like any of the actors they picked for any of the roles other than Henry. The queen is not mean enough at all, and the actress is subpar at best at the part. Snow White is too pixie like for me, and not my favorite actress. Emma is terrible. I think she should be contrast to the mean queen, but she is just as harsh as her which than really makes the evil queen seem bland. All in all good show, but casting department should be fired horrid job.

Holy cow! Loving this show! My dvr messed up last week, so I was thrilled to get both ep's this week and watched them back to back. Even DH enjoyed them LOL

I think we will see a gradual softening of Emma. The character has huge abandonment/trust issues and I think that will be part of the story as she learns to love and trust again.

Got such a kick from seeing Robert Carlyle (The Full Monty!) as Rumpy/Gold and Kristin Bauer as Melificent. Awesome casting! Don't care for Ginnifer, especially with that godawful haircut, but so far I'm tolerating her. I actually like the evil queen. I am very interested to see where her backstory leads. Who knows? we may end up feeling some empathy for her!

I hope this series doesn't drag on ad nauseum...a couple of tight exciting seasons would be perfect.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I've liked the casting in the show so far. I like that it's to a degree atypical and that it's not just flat out evil and good for the characters gives some depth to the characters.

I totally could not place Krisiten Bauer but knew I recognized her from somewhere.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I've liked the casting in the show so far. I like that it's to a degree atypical and that it's not just flat out evil and good for the characters gives some depth to the characters.

I totally could not place Krisiten Bauer but knew I recognized her from somewhere.
    I'll just say that I really like the casting so far and that I think the EQ is evil enough - she cut out her father's heart in last night's epi and burned it, a requisite act to get a curse she cast onto its wheels. She sacrified what she "loved most" in an attempt to make her evil plot successful. How much more evil do you need her to be?

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I'm rewatching with the kids, who have the day off, right now and I feel like I can't get enough! I really like the casting; I think everyone brings such depth to their characters. Emma's perfect - she's 'hard' enough to go toe to toe with the Queen. If she was all doey-eyed like Snow White, she wouldn't be able to do that. It's just like the Queen crying that she just wants to be happy while plotting to take her father's heart. So multi-faceted - I love it!

I can't wait for next week - Charming wakes up!!! but will he recognize Snow...will he be swayed to be Evil (if the call to the Queen means anything...) They definitely keep us guessing!

And FWIW, I think Rumple knows (the curse originally came from him and he knew to make that condition) but I don't think the Queen knows (based on an interview Lana gave). I can't wait to figure that one out for sure too!!

ETA - DD pointed out that Rumple took a bite of an apple and then threw it away - I wonder if that's to show that the spells don't affect him?? Hmmm....
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread