+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 214 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798138188 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Ugh! I could not believe that Regina got Sidney to say he was the guilty party! What a sap he is! Of course, he was a sap in Fairy-Tale Land, too.

I didn't realize until I was watching last night that the woman that runs the nun's home is the Blue Fairy.

And how cool was it when Emma told Regina she was psychotic and that she was taking her son back?!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

A couple of observations after watching it again with my kids -

I think they're covering the Blue Fairy's assets up just a bit (being sarcastic) more than they used to be.

I think August was the 7-year-old who found Emma when she came through based on the preview - I think maybe the tree that blew open was where Emma came through and Pinocchio was right there.

I'm totally buying into the theory that Bae could be Henry's father - esp. when Rumple said he went "through time and space" - that'll solve the difference in time periods nice and easily. I just hope Rumple opens up to the real Bae like he did here. I hate that his little speech was wasted on August.

I'm thinking Mr. Whale doctored (ha-ha) the lab results. When Kathryn said, "Who'd do that?" I was waiting for him to smirk and say, "I did." Speaking of Kathryn, I really like her. I hope we'll see more of her.

And, finally, GO EMMA!! So glad she's on to everyone and isn't trusting anyone except August, who's really going to test her next week.
    Katydyd likes this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    A couple of observations after watching it again with my kids -

I think they're covering the Blue Fairy's assets up just a bit (being sarcastic) more than they used to be.
    I noticed that, too, and appreciated it.

I'm totally buying into the theory that Bae could be Henry's father - esp. when Rumple said he went "through time and space" - that'll solve the difference in time periods nice and easily. I just hope Rumple opens up to the real Bae like he did here. I hate that his little speech was wasted on August.
    Does anybody have a clue who the real Bae is? I mean, once he left Fairyland, did he end up in Storybooke? He can't be, can he, since Gold would have recognized him. So that means non-magic Bae is still floating around beyond Storybooke?

Yeah, that was kind of sad that Gold wasted his big speech on August. Now he has to say it again if he ever finds Bae.

Speaking of Kathryn, I really like her. I hope we'll see more of her.
    Same here. She was really classy, forgiving David and letting him go again. I can also understand MM's anger. How could she trust David when he didn't stand by her when she needed him the most?

I'm a little confused by that scene in the forest with Gold and August. At the beginning, Gold says that he buried the knife to keep it away from Regina. Then, at the end, I thought August said, "So I buried a useless knife?" So who actually buried it?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Great episode! That's why I love this show! I told hubby to hush while I watched it so I could catch every piece of dialogue.

In the first half, we're led to believe that August is Mr. Gold's son. You see their backstory in Fairyland: in order to save his father from the evil magic, Bel goes to the Blue Fairy and gets a magic bean which will transport him and his father to another land where there is no magic. (The fairy says she can't undo the evil magic so this is the only remedy.) At the last moment, Bel travels through the magic tunnel, but Rumpy chickens out. When the hole closes up, cutting him off from his son, Rumpy bitterly regrets it and vows to find his son again. He, too, goes to the fairy, but is basically told tough luck, that was the only bean. So Rumpy vows to get to this magic-less land any way he can.

In Storybooke, there are various scenes making you think August is Gold's son. They actually have a big tearful reunion, and then go to dig up the knife that can destroy Rumpy and give his evil power to the destroyer. Once there...that's when the big reveal happens that makes the episode totally awesome.

Forgot to add that there's a cool scene at the beginning where Gold and Regina confront each other. Gold basically reveals that he's been setting up Regina all along to take the fall for Katherine's abduction and the framing of MM. However...Regina finds a way to get out of it by the end of the episode. That was a great sub-plot. Enjoy, Miss!
    Thanks, Babbred!

I'm watching it right now, and the one thing I don't get is how Rumpy could think that August is his son when August has blue eyes, and Bae's were dark brown, almost black.

ETA: When Rumpy and August were in the forest, I noticed that August has a scar on his neck that seems to go all the way across it, like the one the Mad Hatter had. Any ideas of who might have a scar like that? Would Pinnochio?
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 04-23-2012 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Avoid double-post
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Another clue maybe? Bae's full name is Baelfire. Fire....firefighter....Henry's dad? And put me on the Kathryn bandwagon, I like her too
    Miss_Griss and BuckeyeAddict like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post

I'm a little confused by that scene in the forest with Gold and August. At the beginning, Gold says that he buried the knife to keep it away from Regina. Then, at the end, I thought August said, "So I buried a useless knife?" So who actually buried it?
    August asked him, "So why bury a useless knife?" and Rumple turned around and told him he didn't think it was useless, that it could still cut through flesh. Oh yeah - that was another 'ah-ha' moment -- the knife is what Rumple was burying when Graham was following the wolf in the forest! I love how they're wrapping things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Another clue maybe? Bae's full name is Baelfire. Fire....firefighter....Henry's dad? And put me on the Kathryn bandwagon, I like her too
    That's what I was thinking too! But it can't be that easy can't it? I want it to be...and I want Bae to somehow find happiness but I'm sure it won't be that easy...

I'm betting the "world without magic" that Bae entered was just our world, not necessarily Storybrooke since that's not where Emma and Pinocchio came through either. Perhaps there was one particular area before but then part of the curse created its own? IDK.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    August asked him, "So why bury a useless knife?" and Rumple turned around and told him he didn't think it was useless, that it could still cut through flesh. Oh yeah - that was another 'ah-ha' moment -- the knife is what Rumple was burying when Graham was following the wolf in the forest! I love how they're wrapping things up.

That's what I was thinking too! But it can't be that easy can't it? I want it to be...and I want Bae to somehow find happiness but I'm sure it won't be that easy...

I'm betting the "world without magic" that Bae entered was just our world, not necessarily Storybrooke since that's not where Emma and Pinocchio came through either.
    Perhaps there was one particular area before but then part of the curse created its own? IDK.
    I don't think he could have entered Storybrooke because it didn't even exist when he left Fairytale land. Regina didn't have the curse yet. Which is why it makes perfect sense (in my mind anyway ) that Bae is Henry's dad. He would have just landed somewhere in the real world and had to make a normal life for himself (just like Emma) - which is exactly what he wanted! The only question is - does he, where ever and who ever he is - remember?

Great catch on the dagger BTW - I hadn't even thought about Rumpy's little trip into the woods for awhile!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I felt so bad for Mr. Gold when he realized that August isn't his son.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Rumpie is a great example of how it takes a talented actor to garner sympathy for and/or a desire to watch a villainous character. Just like Michael Emerson's Ben Linus, he compels you to watch. Average or below average actors simply can't manage to do it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Rumpie is a great example of how it takes a talented actor to garner sympathy for and/or a desire to watch a villainous character. Just like Michael Emerson's Ben Linus, he compels you to watch. Average or below average actors simply can't manage to do it.
    You're right. One minute I love Rumpie, the next minute I'm repulsed by him. He adds SO much to this show - not just because of the story, but because of how well he's played.

+ Reply to Thread