+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 214 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697137187 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Just read that Season 1 DVDs/bluray will be released on August 28. Why does that seem so far away???

Also, just read this interview with Jane Espenson about August's identity. Since she specifically mentions the rumor about Pinocchio, I'm wondering if that theory's wrong. Back to the drawing board!

'Once Upon A Time' writer teases 'very complicated' August mystery

Once Upon A Time writer Jane Espenson has said that there are "definitely clues" to The Stranger's identity in the show.

Espenson admitted that the hints already picked up by fans regarding August W. Booth's (Eion Bailey) background could be "an elaborate mislead".

"[There] are definitely clues," she told TV Guide. "But are they clues that we put in there so that you would later go, 'Oh my God, it was Pinocchio' or are those clues we put in there to make you think he's Pinocchio when in fact, we're planning an elaborate mislead?

"It's very hard to say at this moment. I've seen the theory that he's Maleficent (Kristin Bauer), which is fascinating! There's more than one way to [give a] clue."

Espenson added that characters in Once Upon A Time are also beginning to speculate about August.

"You're going to see Rumplestiltskin (Robert Carlyle) have his own theory about who he is, which raises questions of its own," she revealed.

"If he were Rumplestiltskin's son, wouldn't the son recognize him, for example? But wait, memories are gone. It gets very complicated.

"It's a complicated mystery and we're going to go a good way's down the path towards solving it this [next episode]."
    'Once Upon A Time' writer teases 'very complicated' August mystery - Once Upon a Time News - TV - Digital Spy
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

August 28th IS very far away, but I guess at least now we can start a countdown. Seems to me most of the "season #?" dvds of popular shows come out later, like October (when people start thinking about Christmas gifts).

I intend to 'gift' this to myself.
    Bjaminsmom likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Not that anyone who frequents this thread really needs reminding, but . . . . . . there's a new episode of OUAT starting in roughly four and a half hours!
    Minney likes this.

ohhhhhhhhhh and wasn't it a good one...I think we have a good idea as to whom August is now but I loved the way they led us and made us think otherwise
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Gosh, I love this show!! So many questions answered and so many more taking their place!
    BuckeyeAddict and Katydyd like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I can't watch till tomorrow on Hulu, and I totally don't mind being spoiled, so if anyone feels like spilling the beans, go for it!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    ohhhhhhhhhh and wasn't it a good one...I think we have a good idea as to whom August is now but I loved the way they led us and made us think otherwise
    Great episode! That's why I love this show! I told hubby to hush while I watched it so I could catch every piece of dialogue.

In the first half, we're led to believe that August is Mr. Gold's son. You see their backstory in Fairyland: in order to save his father from the evil magic, Bel goes to the Blue Fairy and gets a magic bean which will transport him and his father to another land where there is no magic. (The fairy says she can't undo the evil magic so this is the only remedy.) At the last moment, Bel travels through the magic tunnel, but Rumpy chickens out. When the hole closes up, cutting him off from his son, Rumpy bitterly regrets it and vows to find his son again. He, too, goes to the fairy, but is basically told tough luck, that was the only bean. So Rumpy vows to get to this magic-less land any way he can.

In Storybooke, there are various scenes making you think August is Gold's son. They actually have a big tearful reunion, and then go to dig up the knife that can destroy Rumpy and give his evil power to the destroyer. Once there...that's when the big reveal happens that makes the episode totally awesome.

Forgot to add that there's a cool scene at the beginning where Gold and Regina confront each other. Gold basically reveals that he's been setting up Regina all along to take the fall for Katherine's abduction and the framing of MM. However...Regina finds a way to get out of it by the end of the episode. That was a great sub-plot. Enjoy, Miss!
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Excellent episode! I'm with you Butterfly - I loved the way they teased us : Yes it's Pinnochio, no, it's Rumpy's son! Wait - it is Pinnochio..... So now at least we know why Rumpy gave Regina the curse - he wanted to find his son! And, IMHO, knowing the back story makes everything fall into place perfectly that Henry's dad really is Rumpy's son It explains how he was able to be in the real world - and it even makes sense that he and Emma would be drawn to each other. And if we go back to the episode where they burned down the castle, his chosen profession makes total sense. Does anyone remember what Emma said his name was? Or has she ever? It also sets up perfectly why Henry's dad turned out to be a jerk. He is clearly redeem-able (is that a word? ). Either everything he went through made him afraid to get close to a child and become a father himself - or, in some way he thought by abandoning them, he was protecting both Emma and his own son from his father. Now they just have to actually find him.....
    cantstopwatchin likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

well I said a long time ago I thought the reason Mr. Gold picked Henry is that he knew he was Emma's son but I also believed he suspected it was also his grandson

you forgot the big to do at the end when Emma told Regina game is ON and she was gonna take her son back
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I usually watch with my daughter but she was working last night, which left me watching by myself and talking to myself (so much so that my hubby came down from upstairs to ask if I'd been talking to him!)

I never did believe that August was Rumple/Gold's son so when it started looking that way I was confused. After all, he'd been in town for quite awhile at that point. Wouldn't August have confronted Gold sooner? He's had ample opportunity. Then they break Mr Gold's heart (and mine) by having it all be a rouse. Seriously? Did AWB really think he was gonna get away with pulling one over on Rumple?

The 'blue fairy' discussion between the two of them makes me believe even more that August is Pinocchio and I'm glad to finally know why Gold dislikes nuns/fairies so much.

+ Reply to Thread