+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 214 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394134184 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Also an apple core which is what is left after the life has been eaten away from it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I've been trying to think of possible a possible naming reference for Cora. What seems to me to apply would be apple core and/or the heart being the core of life. Both could refer to Snow's mother and to the Queen of Hearts, n'est pas? Or, not.
    Maybe Rotten to the .........
    2boysmom and JavaJo like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    I did too but it just felt forced and contrived to me. They introduced past-Regina as a kind, loving, overall good person..I find it a bit of a stretch to believe she would hate a small child instantly without understanding that her mother tricked the girl and committed the crime...
    I believe that Regina knows that it's her mother pulling the strings and that she should be angry at her. However, I still found it disappointing. I remember when the big scene between Little Snow and Cora happened, I thought "That's it? We've seen Regina expressing all this hatred because of something a child did to her?" And then at the end, Regina flat out told MM that she knew MM was innocent but that she would find a way to get rid of her, anyway, just because of what Snow did as a child. If Snow had done something as an adult, then the writers could have added more layers of complexity, a la that episode where we saw EQ as the unhappy stepmother who betrayed her "lover". As it is, this storyline just feels awkward and weird.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I think between her lover being killed and then finding out Snow had told even though she knows Snow is a child...IMO...she went as kuckoo as the mad hatter you just don't see that..something in her snapped and she needs an outlet for her vengence
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I think between her lover being killed and then finding out Snow had told even though she knows Snow is a child...IMO...she went as kuckoo as the mad hatter you just don't see that..something in her snapped and she needs an outlet for her vengence

I was wondering if there might be some kind of familial connection between EQ/Regina and Mad Hatter. Insanity runs in families. Would explain a lot!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I've been trying to think of possible a possible naming reference for Cora. What seems to me to apply would be apple core and/or the heart being the core of life. Both could refer to Snow's mother and to the Queen of Hearts, n'est pas? Or, not.
    The Spanish word for heart is corazon.
    Ellen, nanarama and Coco46 like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    The Spanish word for heart is corazon.
    Great pickup! I did know that, but never thought of it. In Latin, it's cor/cordis with similar deriivations in all the Romance languages.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I was half wondering watching the rerun tonight (which has my favorite scene of the season in it at the end with snow and the dwarves) if the new guy in town is someone who wants Rumpy's "power." or something.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Consider the info found at this link to be SPOILER material. It contains info about the next "new" episode (The Stranger), airing on the 22nd.

http://www.onceuponatimefans.co.uk/1x20thestranger.htm
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Oooooooo. Looks good.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread