+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 225 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192132182 ... LastLast
Like Tree1151Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Anyone else think that without makeup Regina looks enough like Snow to be her mother or sister. The resemblance is uncanny. The makeup Regina wears now jsut ages her somehow.
    My husband says that when we see Regina in fairy tale land, she is gorgeous but in real time, she looks dowdy. His words, not mine...lol

I have to say...I really liked her being all sweet and kind. And I loved her hair with that blue coat.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    It is good to know why Regina is mad at Snow, but as mentioned above, it's misdirected. She should be PO'd at her mother for tricking a young child who only thought she was doing the right thing.

I'm so glad they found Katherine alive! WOW! So now what? Obviously, they'll have to free MM. But she knows the mayor has some mysterious personal reason for detesting her to such a level that she'd frame her for a serious charge like murder (although that conversation will be her word against the mayor's). What will MM do now? Fight, or try to stay out of Regina's way?

And how do they explain the heart that matched Katherine's DNA? We know why - Regina owns the hearts of many Storybrooke residents. But that doesn't make sense in the real world. Surely Emma is going to try to get to the bottom of that.

I have to believe Rumpy was instrumental in Katherine's return. Regina will probably be hot enough to self-combust.
    I am not yet 100% convinced that Storybrooke actually IS in our real world. It could be another reality that characters from both the fairy tail world and our real world can enter, but not leave except under specific circumstances, via some kind of portal perhaps, or via the creation of a different author, or just my sci-fi mind speculating.
    Poppy Fields likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Cantstopwatchin, what things did August say or do that lead you to that prediction? If that is true, how was August able to enter Storybrooke, since everyone from fairytale land were stuck in Storybrooke and unable to venture outside the city limits? So perhaps that means that the curse - that people who try to leave Storybrooke will die - isn't true? The only person so far who has tried to leave was Katherine, correct?
    I don't think this is a spoiler since it's pure speculation on my part, so I'm going to leave the tags out.

There have been 3 occasions (that I can remember offhand) when August has referenced not telling a lie and not being a liar. When he first said it, a lightbulb went off for me and got me thinking but at that point, I was still thinking he was a Grimm. Last night, he seemed downright indignant that Emma would think he'd led her astray when he said, "I'm not a liar." The exec. producers said in a Paleyfest interview that he's not a Grimm and only added his story to the book when he had it, which means he's a FTL character. I think he's demonstrated that with his knowledge of the book and what's told within it, as well as knowing about the magic lake that had powers of restoring what was lost and where it was found in Storybrooke. He also knows Emma is the key, which is why I think he's trying to get her to believe.

IF he was Pinocchio, could there have been a way for Gepetto to sneak him through the magic chamber made by the tree before they officially said it was ready? Could that have been the way they tested it? Could he have gotten through b/c he was once made of wood, perhaps even the same type of magic wood that made the magic chamber?

I'm totally reaching but as Poppy Fields also mentioned, he had a problem walking to the water's edge last night, perhaps b/c he doesn't have/has problems with his knees? And I'm convinced Dr. Whale has to be from the Pinocchio story since they're obvious like that and I'm thinking maybe they're going to combine the whale character with the man who locked Pinocchio up in the box (Stromboli)? He works for Regina, so we know he can assume he was a bad guy in FTL...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

You people amaze me. You don't miss a thing and you speculate until you're blue in the face, and more often than not, you are right. I freakin' love it! I can't remember what I had for dinner last night, let alone minor details from a book I read as a child. This is probably my favorite thread on the Fort.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I find Dr. Whale interesting. Could it be a reference to Jonah and the Whale? Someone who seems to bring bad luck with him is referred to as a Jonah and the whale gobbled him up to feed on, which would add biblical stories to the fairy tales, children's books, myths, and pop culture we see cropping up. Alternatively, an extremely wealthy person who like to gamble is known as a whale in gaming circles. Could he be King Midas in Fairytale land, or have we already seen another character as Midas in Storybrooke?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I'm totally reaching but as Poppy Fields also mentioned, he had a problem walking to the water's edge last night, perhaps b/c he doesn't have/has problems with his knees?
    I just reviewed the scene at the t(r)oll bridge. August said he had "shin splints." I guess a splint isn't necessarily made of wood, but I tend to think of wood when I think of a splint. You guys are talking me into this!
    JavaJo likes this.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Lost taught me how to think outside the box when it comes to these writers so I'm always trying to "expect the unexpected" before it happens. Not that it ever gets me anywhere but the guessing is fun.

ETA - there's still a small part of me that wonders whether August is Baelfire, Rumple's son, because we haven't been shown anyone else who knows the power of the knife and what it's destruction means. Not that Baelfire would want it, I think. And there's still the little problem of his age b/c he would've had to have been sent to our world much, much earlier than the curse occurred since Belle's story happened years and years after Rumple became Rumple and she found those clothes of his. But who else knows about the knife... Ack! I keep running around in circles.

I'm just glad we'll find out this season who he is!!
    Last edited by cantstopwatchin; 04-02-2012 at 10:24 PM.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    My husband says that when we see Regina in fairy tale land, she is gorgeous but in real time, she looks dowdy. His words, not mine...lol

I have to say...I really liked her being all sweet and kind. And I loved her hair with that blue coat.
    I agree with your hubby. In fact, I've been thinking that for a while. The EQ looks fabulous in her costumes and make-up, but Regina just seems drab in hers.

I also couldn't agree more about Bailey. Holy mackerel, I was positive that they had somehow CGI'ed Goodwin onto the face of a child actor. That was just uncanny. And yeah, she really held her own with the adult actors. Shame, shame, shame on Regina for taking out her anger on a child. Sadly, there have been far too many stories over the years of how children were led on by people they trusted to say things the adults wanted to hear. It would have been very difficult for the child Snow to withstand the manipulations of the evil Cora. I felt sorry for both Regina and Snow, but more for Snow since she was less at fault.
    Longhornfan likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I think deep down Regina is very afraid of her mother and it was easier to hate Snow than to confront her mother who with her magic Regina has no power over and cannot hurt. Snow on the other hand Regina can extract vengeance on eventually.
    Ellen and Babbred like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I think deep down Regina is very afraid of her mother and it was easier to hate Snow than to confront her mother who with her magic Regina has no power over and cannot hurt. Snow on the other hand Regina can extract vengeance on eventually.
    oh yea its easier to blame Snow but Cora needs to watch her azz big time..and IMO Regina kills her that is how she gets her powers

Daniel seemed so sweet and I just don't think he would like what Regina has turned into...I think it would be interesting for him to show up in Storey Brooke and totally hate Regina he was only killed in Fairy tale land and I think anything can happen there

with the reference to LOST that was made up ahead of me...if LOST taught me one thing besides what you mentioned is that NOTHING is as ever as it seems and like you it tends to leading me to think outside the box
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread