+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 222 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree1125Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I'm guessing that Emma was spared the fate of the town because she was transported in a different, but still magic, way.
    I think that was the whole point of her disappearing. They wanted to show that she had been whisked away to the real world so that she could grow up and then come back.

Still laughing over the EQ's idea of a "terrible place." A quaint little town in Maine!
    I know! I burst out laughing as I told my hubby, "Boy, I'm sure the good citizens of Maine are happy to hear that their state is terrible!"

I loved this show and am looking forward to the rest of it. The production values are gorgeous, and I love what somebody said about emotion. I nearly cried in those early scenes when they showed the curse being set up. And my favorite scene was where Prince Charming battled his way through to the tree with that tiny infant in his arms...I'm starting to tear up again.

The only scene I didn't quite like was where Snow White talked to Rumpy in the jail. The whole scene just reminded me of "Silence of the Lambs" too much.

I figured Henry must be real world when he said that the fairy tale people can't leave. That begs the question, then, of how did the EQ adopt him? Did somebody bring him to Storybook?

And yes, I noticed the busty fairy, too.

I don't particularly mind if this show only lasts a few seasons, as long as it's done well. Too many shows just keep going...and going...until they become terrible. I'd rather have a show go out on a high note so that I have the great memories.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I figured Henry must be real world when he said that the fairy tale people can't leave. That begs the question, then, of how did the EQ adopt him? Did somebody bring him to Storybook?
    I'm assuming even Storybrook? Storybook? Can't remember which it is...lol...has a lawyer. It has a mayor, teachers and a shrink so one would think it would have an attorney. And adoptions can be handled through that venue.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Yes, but who physically brought the infant to the town? If the EQ can't leave the town, then somebody would have had to bring the baby to her.

Ahhh...nitpicky minds want to know.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Does that mean ep. 1 @7 and ep. 2 @ 8? Or did they bump the regular show up an hour?
    My DishTV guide says episode 1 at 7 and episode 2 at 8. I'm looking forward to it!

I went into this skeptical, but I'm hooked. I also think Mr. Gold retained his memory as Rumpelstiltskin because he perked up at the name, Emma. The big unanswered, so far, question is...how did Henry get to Story Brooke if no one can leave? Wait maybe Rumple/Gold can leave as well as Mayor/Queen since she is the caster of the spell. Hmm.

Did you notice the red apples on the coffee table in the mayor's sitting room? I think there are going to be a lot of goodies to discover like Grumpy in the jail cell in prisoner stripes. I also think the Fairytale is strictly Snow White and those characters, so we won't be seeing characters like Sleeping Beauty...but, wait...Rumpelstiltskin is in Sleeping Beauty, not Snow White. Oh, well. Discoveries to be made. Looking forward to them.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I went into this skeptical, but I'm hooked. I also think Mr. Gold retained his memory as Rumpelstiltskin because he perked up at the name, Emma. The big unanswered, so far, question is...how did Henry get to Story Brooke if no one can leave? Wait maybe Rumple/Gold can leave as well as Mayor/Queen since she is the caster of the spell. Hmm.

Did you notice the red apples on the coffee table in the mayor's sitting room? I think there are going to be a lot of goodies to discover like Grumpy in the jail cell in prisoner stripes. I also think the Fairytale is strictly Snow White and those characters, so we won't be seeing characters like Sleeping Beauty...but, wait...Rumpelstiltskin is in Sleeping Beauty, not Snow White. Oh, well. Discoveries to be made. Looking forward to them.
    Cinderella and Maleficent are both due to pop up I read.. and we already have Red Riding Hood, Pinocchio, and Gepetto.. I think it is more that the Snow White story has engulfed other fairy tales.

Rumpelstiltskin is Rumpelstiltskin, no connection to Sleeping Beauty. The only connection that the 2 stories have is a spinning wheel. Beauty pricks her self.. good fairy puts kingdom to sleep.. etc. In Rumpelstiltskin has the millers daughter who is said to be able to spin straw in to gold.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Thanks. I'm really not up on my fairy tales - mostly the Disney versions. The first movie I ever saw (at age 4) was Snow White and I'm still in that mode.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I've also read Hansel & Gretel (the young brother and sister who are lured into the house made of candy by an evil witch and escape by outwitting her) will make an appearance. The more I read about it,the more I'm excited about this show!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I'd be really surprised if we didn't see Hansel and Gretel pop in, perhaps even Goldilocks and Rapunzel. This is a very entertaining show for me, partially because it does allow for the viewer to figure out who's who.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Who is playing Maleficent?

+ Reply to Thread