+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 214 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889129179 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

CCL

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

^ He was the voice of the caterpillar in Wonderland.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

^^^ Well good grief. They tout a Roger Daltry appearance & then relegate him to a voice over part? Perhaps next, they'll tease us with an appearance from Crarlize Theron & then show us the Ruby Slippers with her feet in them. Don't get me wrong I love the show in every aspect, but that's just wrong!
    cantstopwatchin and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    ^^^ Well good grief. They tout a Roger Daltry appearance & then relegate him to a voice over part? Perhaps next, they'll tease us with an appearance from Crarlize Theron & then show us the Ruby Slippers with her feet in them. Don't get me wrong I love the show in every aspect, but that's just wrong!
    I was just reading an article this past week about how the producers of shows totally manipulate you. Misleading previews was high on their list. I agree. It totally stinks. That reminds me, though. If you're wondering why the EQ broke off some of the mushroom, it's because in the book the Caterpillar tells Alice to eat some to grow bigger. Again, I thought that was a cute touch by the show's writers.

I don't necessarily mind the darkening of Alice. For all its comic tone, the novel also has a dark subtext: a girl trapped in a world she can't understand and that treats her badly. It's only at the end that she realizes she has more power than she thought and wakes up. I enjoyed Tim Burton's movie a couple of years ago.

Speaking of dark, I saw a preview of that other Snow movie adaptation, "Snow White and the Huntsman," last time I was in the theater. It looks like they're taking the story in a dark direction like the TV show. I'm looking forward to watching both movies.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Yeah. I totally missed him. Apparently, the clever casting had to do with the caterpillar saying a line that involved the word "Who" a lot. Get it?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Yeah. I totally missed him. Apparently, the clever casting had to do with the caterpillar saying a line that involved the word "Who" a lot. Get it?
    If you watch the Disney animated Alice, the caterpillar in that movie also say "Who" a lot.

If you watch the Disney animated Alice, the caterpillar in that movie also say "Who" a lot.
    Yeah, but was their caterpillar voiced by Roger Daltry from The Who? I think not.

Clearly, the show was feeling pretty clever with that one.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Actually, his single line, barely audible, was "Who are you?" At the end of the show, I was thinking he hadn't said anything, but my daughter heard it. I was wondering if Roger was able to memorize that line.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

All of the preview stuff I read never used the word "appearance" in reference to Roger Daltry. It simply said "as the voice of the caterpillar".

Yes, having him ask "Who . . . . are you" was a bit cheeky, but it was a rare opportunity to use a classic combination of celebrity and lyric. I didn't mind it at all.
    Florimel likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    All of the preview stuff I read never used the word "appearance" in reference to Roger Daltry. It simply said "as the voice of the caterpillar".

Yes, having him ask "Who . . . . are you" was a bit cheeky, but it was a rare opportunity to use a classic combination of celebrity and lyric. I didn't mind it at all.
    I didn't mind either - I loved the tie-in. The only thing I was disappointed in was that it was all we got of Roger.

If anyone missed the post a few pages back, Poppy Fields had an astute observation. People were wondering what the name Jefferson might refer to. Poppy Fields said she thought it was a nod to Jefferson Airplane, and their song "White Rabbit." Jefferson's daughter, Grace, may refer to Grace Slick. So maybe we got a couple of 60s music references last week.
    Florimel likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

It's ONCE UPON A TIME night! Just under two hours here on the East Coast. I've been trying to stay away from any kind of previews. I want to go into this episode fresh, without any expectations or ideas. However, the unavoidable preview they are showing on ABC looks very intense during the scene with Mary Margaret and Regina. Looks like all that bitterness Madame Mayor has been holding in is about to boil over.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread