+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 214 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788128178 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Really liking it.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    You can do it!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

For fans of the MAD HATTER (or if you just like seeing Sebastian Stan as much as my daughter did) . . . . here's a bit of news about his future in Storybrooke/Fairytale Land, courtesy of E Online.

Click to see Spoiler:
    "No need to break out the hat and lock Once Upon a Time's creators away in Wonderland: They know just how awesome Stan was as the Mad Hatter/Jefferson as he's set to appear in two more episodes this season!"

Read more: Spoiler Chat Daily: "Mad" Once Upon a Time Scoop! Plus, a Kinky New Girl Tease! - E! Online
    Last edited by JavaJo; 03-27-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules View Post
    Pure speculation, but I believe they didn't show the Queen of Hearts' face because she hasn't been cast. and she'll be back at a later date.
    IA - I bet she'll be back. Part of me is wondering if her face was hidden and her voice wasn't heard b/c she was his wife, who he said he lost in Wonderland. Then another part of me was thinking - I wonder if they'd have his wife be Alice and after defeating the QoH, she became the QoH and was cursed like Rumple was??

I know, I know - I need to get a life when it comes to all this OUaT speculation.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    IA - I bet she'll be back. Part of me is wondering if her face was hidden and her voice wasn't heard b/c she was his wife, who he said he lost in Wonderland. Then another part of me was thinking - I wonder if they'd have his wife be Alice and after defeating the QoH, she became the QoH and was cursed like Rumple was??

I know, I know - I need to get a life when it comes to all this OUaT speculation.
    I think the Queen actually being Alice (and us seeing her backstory) would be awesome! Then again, wasn't the MH around for Alice's journey as the Mad Hatter?
    Miss_Griss likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    I think the Queen actually being Alice (and us seeing her backstory) would be awesome! Then again, wasn't the MH around for Alice's journey as the Mad Hatter?
    Yes, but when have the writers ever let the original story get in the way of their creativity? ;D
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

The famous tea party scene with the Mad Hatter, the March Hare, and the Dormouse occurs in the middle of Alice in Wonderland. They invite her to tea, but then Alice gets frustrated as they talk illogically and so she walks out. The MH then makes a cameo appearance at the famous trial at the end, still drinking his tea and trembling as he has to give evidence (Great quote: `Give your evidence,' said the King; `and don't be nervous, or I'll have you executed on the spot.' ). In the book he's a rather gentle soul, almost mournful, so it was a major change to make him the violent character in the TV show.

Speaking of which, they also made major changes to the Q of H's character. In the book, she may be bossy, but Alice is more annoyed than fearful. Although the Q of H frequently cries "Off with their head!" you never actually see anybody get hurt. Indeed, the entire trial, and the book itself, is presented as a great comic misadventure.

And that's why I agree with you, Bearcata. It was a tad bit weird to see the Alice adventure wrenched this way and that and made into a different story. Yes, there have been characters from other stories in the show, but they came from some hazy, mythic past. The Alice books were written only a hundred years ago, and represent a complete world of their own. They also have a very distinct Victorian POV and tone, which is completely at odds with the fairytales. I'm not saying that this last episode was bad, per se, just that it felt strange. It would be like watching a Twilight movie and seeing the original Count Dracula come in as Edward's grandfather.

There were some nice touches in last night's epi. I liked the "insane in Wonderland vs sane in Storybook" thing. And at the trial mentioned above, the Hatter keeps insisting that he's "just a poor man," so that was a nice touch making Jefferson poor. All in all, though, I wasn't really comfortable with the epi. The Storybook plot kept reminding me of Misery. It seemed really dark and edgy for a family show. Even the fairytale story seemed really scary in an adult way. I mean, decapitation? A sadistic punishment on an innocent person? I felt like I was watching an over-17 movie.

Also, I agree with you, Bear, about the timeline. When the EQ first approached Jefferson, didn't she say something like, "The Q of H stole something from me and I want it back." I took that to mean that this was before the curse.

Just have to add that I loved the final conversation between Gold and Regina. When he reiterated that he would get her results, I cried out "But maybe not the results you want, Regina!" I really hope he's double-crossing her. That would make for a heck of a plotline. We may get that Lord of the Rings /Harry Potter-style smackdown yet.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

CCL

I didn't mind the changes to Alice in Wonderland/Mad Hatter. OUAT hasn't played any fairtyale/story straight so I don't think it matters with regards to the age of the story. And they wouldn't be the first ones to mess with Alice in Wonderland. There was a SyFy miniseries a couple years back that started with Alice dating Jack (the Queen of Hearts's son) in the real world before she followed him to Wonderland and it ended with her being romantically involved with Hatter (aka the Mad Hatter); certainly not part of the original story. It was really good.
    Florimel and Katydyd like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I always liked the darkening of Alice in Wonderland. Like when that computer game Alice came out... LOVED it. So to see the mad hatter all messed up was fine with me generally speaking.
    Florimel likes this.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Slightly OT - I always thought Prince Thomas was a dud and really blah. Only, now he's on The Secret Circle, which is a dud show, but he is hawt with his Australian accent and blue, blue eyes. Kind of wish they'd presented him this way on OUAT.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Did I hallucinate this? It seems like the previews for last episode kept saying "guest starring Roger Daltry", but I didn't recognize him. Was he there or did I mishear the ads?

+ Reply to Thread