+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 214 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586126176 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Did anyone else find it kinda weird to have a character from Alice In Wonderland in a Fairy Tale setting? I did like how they showed the linked worlds though.

Also wasn't it rather hypocritical of Regina to go to the trouble of rescuing her father knowing that she would be betraying Jefferson and then have the gall to say that you never abandon family when we already know she kills her father in some future time? Oh, and what about using your father as a bargaining chip between the Queen of Hearts and herself?

Jefferson, would that be Thomas Jefferson or Jefferson Davis?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    We saw Frederick find the empty car, but that was the last we've seen of him. What happened in the minutes following his discovery? Did he find her wandering aimlessly 100 feet away? As Ellen said above, it's not random that he happened to find her car. Why bother showing that event if Frederick isn't involved, whether it's for good or evil?
    It also seems rather pointless to have him find her car in this world if she's just going to be dead from here on out.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    It also seems rather pointless to have him find her car in this world if she's just going to be dead from here on out.
    I don't think she's dead from here on out. I think she's conveniently gone for the moment. No body has ever been found and with Mr. Gold and Regina apparently working together they could have her any number of places.

I actually loved this episode. Who played the mad hatter? He is delicious! And how does he remember when nobody else (besides the ones responsible for the curse) remembers? And where the hell did he disappear to?? I think my favorite moment was when Emma was looking at the book at the end. I think our girl is finally starting to believe.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Did anyone else find it kinda weird to have a character from Alice In Wonderland in a Fairy Tale setting? I did like how they showed the linked worlds though.

Also wasn't it rather hypocritical of Regina to go to the trouble of rescuing her father knowing that she would be betraying Jefferson and then have the gall to say that you never abandon family when we already know she kills her father in some future time? Oh, and what about using your father as a bargaining chip between the Queen of Hearts and herself?

Jefferson, would that be Thomas Jefferson or Jefferson Davis?

I think it might be for Jefferson Airplane. "White Rabbit" was a big hit for them. And Grace Slick was the lead singer. Perhaps Jefferson's daughter's name is a nod to Ms. Slick?
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 03-26-2012 at 08:37 AM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I thought this was another great episode. I love how they use episodes like it to expand the story while we learn about other citizens of Storybrooke. Emma had me going when she spoke to Jefferson about believing him, so I was a little disappointed when she hit him over the head with the telescope. That said, I'm hoping his 'tale' struck a chord with Emma and created a chink in her disbelief in the book. My guess is that he remembers because he was insane in Fairytale land (mind was altered), so he'd be sane in Storybrooke? Kind of like how Charming was unconscious when the curse happened and needed the windmill to completely 'curse' him?

Because he disappeared, I'm guessing Jefferson was right and the hat Emma created was magic? But then he's back there all by himself and Grace/Paige is still in Storybrooke so I wonder if we'll see his reappearance at some point. Tangent - That was also quite the scar he had on his neck. Yikes!

So now we've got to figure out what the heck is going on with Rumple and Regina...is he playing her or is he really setting up MM? Can't wait to see how this plays out b/c I'm convinced he's setting Regina up for a big fall. At least that's what I'm wickedly hoping!

Funny for the night - Emma asking MM where did that come from? Did you take up kickboxing? after she took out Jefferson. Not quite as funny as Snow's comments during her intervention but it still cracked me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    No weirder than having a Greek myth (Midas) make it on the show and play an important role.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I actually loved this episode. Who played the mad hatter? He is delicious! And how does he remember when nobody else (besides the ones responsible for the curse) remembers? And where the hell did he disappear to?? I think my favorite moment was when Emma was looking at the book at the end. I think our girl is finally starting to believe.
    JavaJo, he was played by Sebastian Stan, who was in Gossip Girl (at least that's the only place I know him from).
    JavaJo likes this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I think it might be for Jefferson Airplane. "White Rabbit" was a big hit for them. And Grace Slick was the lead singer. Perhaps Jefferson's daughter's name is a nod to Ms. Slick?
    WOW! Wow, wow, wow! Fantastic! Gold star for you for figuring that one out. As I said before, I just love coming on here to see what other people noticed that I didn't.

OK, I have another 60s rock music tie-in that's a bit more obvious. At the end of the show, I realized that the big hubbub about Roger Daltrey was way overblown. I didn't think he had any lines at all. Then my daughter said that he did say something - "Who are you?" (Who who? Who who?) I wonder if he was able to memorized that line, or if he had to read it?
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 03-26-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Thank you, cantstopwatchin. He's dreamy... Even his name is sexy.

ETA: I googled him and now I know where I've seen him before. He was in The Covenant.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I'm rewatching the series from the beginning and I forgot how much I miss Jamie Dornan/Graham. Emma needs to learn how to reincarnate the dead!!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I'm rewatching the series from the beginning and I forgot how much I miss Jamie Dornan/Graham. Emma needs to learn how to reincarnate the dead!!!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    He'll be back for the Finale. I don't know in what capacity.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread