+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 214 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485125175 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

I really really hated Lost so easter egg hunting based on lost stuff is completely meaningless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    while this show is good and keeps you sitting on the edge of your seat just waiting to see what happennext...it reminds me of my all time favorite show LOST...you always end up with more questions than answers....we need to start looking for easter eggs...ones that pertain to this show and the ones they have hidden in there that pertain to LOST....should be fun
    Lost was my favorite show, too. I always look for, and frequently find, Lost easter eggs in shows I watch. The character names are an example. Many of the character names in Lost started me doing research and, boy, did I learn a lot in so many disciplines.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

One thing I've learned as a teacher, editor, and writer: nothing [good] that's published is random.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Frederick has probably got Katherine impisoned in his hut a la Misery. That's where my thoughts went to immediately..guess I'm twisted. . I could see the Dna results being fake or the heart being one of the mayor's holdings...Stroybrooke is a weird place.
    Maybe Rumpy is invested in MM because somehow she/true love can release him from his own curse, reunite him with his son and Belle etc? Maybe he wants his evil unmade, as someone mentioned above.
    Not twisted - that was my first thought when Frederick came on the scene of Kathryn's crash too! But since they were true loves, I'm hoping they're busy shacking up in some cottage, falling in love, instead of the Misery version, which is what I keep telling myself. But who knows - maybe the Evil Queen made him some angry, psycho gym teacher...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

CCL

Seeing as how Storybrooke Charming is an annoying drip I wouldn't be surprised if Frederick was made a psycho gym teacher rather than Katherine's true love. I half want to send David back into a coma.
    Ellen likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Me, too!
    That was my favorite scene in this ep.

Same here. I experienced the same feeling of dread followed by ROFL. I also loved the scene right after it where she was ruining the Dwarves' happiness. Again, that was so clever of the writers to contrast this Snow with her Disney version. I wish I were still in college studying literature. We'd have a field day talking about "subverting genre norms of the classic fairy tale."

And CCL, that was a great point. In Storybook, people's personalities change and true lover don't recognize each other. If that holds true for Frederick and Katherine, then it's not good.
    Ellen likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Frederick has probably got Katherine impisoned in his hut a la Misery. That's where my thoughts went to immediately..guess I'm twisted. . I could see the Dna results being fake or the heart being one of the mayor's holdings...Stroybrooke is a weird place.
    Maybe Rumpy is invested in MM because somehow she/true love can release him from his own curse, reunite him with his son and Belle etc? Maybe he wants his evil unmade, as someone mentioned above.
    LOL. That would be hilarious, but wasn't the car empty when he found it? I also think I have a vague memory of someone saying that he was the one who had reported finding the vehicle. (Not that he couldn't have reported it and kidnapped her. )
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

We saw Frederick find the empty car, but that was the last we've seen of him. What happened in the minutes following his discovery? Did he find her wandering aimlessly 100 feet away? As Ellen said above, it's not random that he happened to find her car. Why bother showing that event if Frederick isn't involved, whether it's for good or evil?

interesting spin on Alice in Wonderland...IMO not one of the better episodes but interesting the same and the mad hatter..lol...insane is more like it
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    One thing I've learned as a teacher, editor, and writer: nothing [good] that's published is random.
    The writers of Lost were beyond well-read. What they pulled together with that show was amazing. I poo-pooed it for the first few seasons. For whatever reason, I wathed the first episode online and I was hooked. I watched something like 3 or 4 seasons with in 2 weeks to get caught up. The first episode of Lost remains the single best tv show I've ever seen.

OUAT is great but can't compare. Although, I don't think it's supposed to. Similar structure for the audience that liked LOST, but it's light and easy.

I really do enjoy the show. The storybook concept was pure cheese at the beginning and the production value was a bit questionable (some of the scenes looked like they could be filmed in my back yard), but I think as the show is gaining steam, production is getting better.

I'm really glad to have the show to look forward to and I think it gets better each week.
    2boysmom and cantstopwatchin like this.

+ Reply to Thread