+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 218 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123173 ... LastLast
Like Tree1097Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

I remember that story, but I never thought that Rose Red and Little Red Riding Hood were the same person.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

90 minutes till show time on the east coast. I know Rumple/Mr. Gold is in this episode, just hope it's enough to make up for the lack of screen time during the last 4 weeks.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I remember that story, but I never thought that Rose Red and Little Red Riding Hood were the same person.

... and, IIRC, in the original text, the dwarves didn't have cutsey names; however, that hasn't stopped the writers.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Loved, loved this episode - I didn't want it to end. Any episode where we get mostly FTL, I'm all for it. Can't wait to see where things lead next and I'm impatiently waiting for the big reveal on who "the stranger" is (I've changed my opinion on who I think he is)!
    BuckeyeAddict and JavaJo like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    They're not, but I do think the writers wanted us to make that association. After all, they're playing pretty fast and loose with the stories in general.

I thought it was cool to make Red Riding Hood into a werewolf, but that certainly wasn't how the original story went.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    They're not, but I do think the writers wanted us to make that association. After all, they're playing pretty fast and loose with the stories in general.
    Like having Jiminy Cricket in the story? A Disney creation, based on a children's book "Pinocchio" by Carlo Collodi - doing a dwarf intervention, no less.

While on the subject of the OUaT characters not being strictly Fairy Tale Land denizens, did anyone one else get a "Wizard of Oz" vibe from Austin (and the lemurs)?
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 03-19-2012 at 10:18 AM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I thought it was cool to make Red Riding Hood into a werewolf, but that certainly wasn't how the original story went.
    And saying King Midas was a "fairy tale" as well. Rumor has it Jamie Dornan was first chosen to play Robin Hood but they changed him to the Huntsman instead. I don't mind; I love Greek Myths and other stories/legends. I wouldn't mind seeing King Arthur/Lancelot & Guinevere as well.

Am rewatching it with my kids and am wondering - why did Rumple tell MM in Storybrooke that he's invested (still) in her future? She's already given birth to Emma, so what does he still need her for???
    Katydyd likes this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Plus, I don't recall the writers saying they were specifically going to limit it to actual fairytales. I like that there are other make believe characters. It keeps it interesting and keeps me wondering who the hell I'll see next!

My husband watches this with me and he has so many questions. I often find myself pausing (thank goodness for DVR) to answer him. Last night I'd had enough. I told him after the show I'd answer all his questions if he'd just shut up for one hour. It worked and after the show, I directed him to this thread. He read the entire thing and didn't ask me anything else so I guess ya'll did the job. Thank you!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Am rewatching it with my kids and am wondering - why did Rumple tell MM in Storybrooke that he's invested (still) in her future? She's already given birth to Emma, so what does he still need her for???
    Well, if it somehow turns out Rumpy's son is Henry's father, that would make both MM and him Henry's grandparents.... Enough of a reason for an investment I'd say

I thought the most telling line last night was Rumpy: "Evil is isn't born, it's made." Does that mean it can be unmade and there's a shot at redemption for everyone?

Also, my biggest incorrect assumption of the night....Snow sweetly singing to the blue bird as it gently flew to sit on her finger and all I could think as I rolled my eyes was "Oh my God, how totally Disney" - but then Bam! and she's trying to swat the poor thing out of the house with her broom
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

So from the preview am I right that now it will include Alice in Wonderland??? Definitely beyond the realm of fairy tales/myths now!

+ Reply to Thread