+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 205 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121171 ... LastLast
Like Tree996Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

I watched the episode with my kids y'day afternoon and when DD realized Red was the Big Bad Wolf, she said cooooool! She loved that twist, though she was sad for Peter.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Does anyone else wonder why Granny sat up all night with her crossbow pointing toward the front door when the 'wolf' was in the bedroom behind her? She could have been trying to make Red think she was standing guard, but why stay there all night. Or why not just put some bars on Red's window, like she has over the fireplace? The massacre at the well would imply that Red gets out sometimes whether Granny's on guard duty or not. Loved the rocking chair/crossbow combination, though.

I also found it strange that David has Regina for an emergency contact. That's a head-scratcher for me.

And Emma's idea of standard police procedure is making her tenure in the job seem a bit improbable to me. Then again, she appears to be the only law enforcement employee in the town.

But, hey, the town does seem to have a fingerprint database.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Does anyone else wonder why Granny sat up all night with her crossbow pointing toward the front door when the 'wolf' was in the bedroom behind her? She could have been trying to make Red think she was standing guard, but why stay there all night. Or why not just put some bars on Red's window, like she has over the fireplace? The massacre at the well would imply that Red gets out sometimes whether Granny's on guard duty or not. Loved the rocking chair/crossbow combination, though.

I also found it strange that David has Regina for an emergency contact. That's a head-scratcher for me.

And Emma's idea of standard police procedure is making her tenure in the job seem a bit improbable to me. Then again, she appears to be the only law enforcement employee in the town.

But, hey, the town does seem to have a fingerprint database.
    As to the highlighted, isn't Regina the only source for that info? Perhaps she is making it up.

Remember David was in a coma, I presume from the beginning, when EQ sent everyone to Storybook. She would have set it up then and he probably had no idea she was even his contact. Eh..I don't know. I'm just grasping..lol
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Remember David was in a coma, I presume from the beginning, when EQ sent everyone to Storybook. She would have set it up then and he probably had no idea she was even his contact. Eh..I don't know. I'm just grasping..lol
    I believe that's what Dr. Whale said when Emma questioned Regina and David looked surprised to find that out. I guess it's probably one of those minor details he forgot to fix while he was focused on trying to figure out his love life.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Good points. And I, too, loved her in the chair with the crossbow. It felt like a fairytale twist on the "grumpy old woman in a rocking chair with a rifle" idea. In fact, maybe the writers were thinking of Granny from "Beverly Hillbillies" and just changed the weapon!

I also think that Regina probably made it up, just like she made up the "marriage" between him and Katherine. Remember, Regina and Gold are the only two people who know who they really are, so it would make sense that Regina can make stuff up about people without their realizing.

I laughed at that. Regina actually had a point. Technically, David may not have been a suspect, but he definitely would have been a Person of Interest, as the police call it. Emma should have been much more careful about questioning him alone, in terms of legalities. And when MM first came to report that David was wandering in the woods, clearly disoriented, shouldn't Emma have been a little more concerned? I would have dashed out of there, so it felt strange watching her stand around conversing calmly and waiting for her dinner.

I should also point out that her first aid skills are atrocious. You find somebody unconscious, with a wound clearly visible on their head, and the first thing you do is shake them? (Alas, though, nobody on TV seems to know how to do first aid. My favorite example of all time came from an episode of "The X-Files." A suspect falls down, and Scully, a doctor, merely checks her pulse and declares, "She's dead." )

My first thought about the box was that it had the animal's heart that the Huntsman put in there instead of Snow's. Why Snow's/MM's fingerprints would be on it, though, is beyond me.

Speaking of which, could somebody help me figure out the Snow and Charming timeline? I'm getting confused. Ok, he meets her in the woods while he's engaged to Princess. He wants to break it off with Princess, but his evil father convinces Snow to come back and supposedly break off with him. Then Charming helps Princess find her true love (that epi where he went and got the magic water from the mermaid), and so she tells him to go after Snow. In the meantime, Snow has ended up with the dwarves. Didn't Snow lose her memory? And Charming goes to some old house but Red shows up and tells him that Snow is no longer there, so he goes off searching for her. Is all this correct? If so, then where does tonight's epi fit in? It clearly explains how Red and Snow knew each other, but at what point did this epi take place? Before Snow took up with the dwarves?

Somebody mentioned "Peter and the Wolf." That's a famous old Russian story, so it gives me hope. Maybe there will be other non-Disney references thrown in.

And lastly, I also liked Ruby without all the weird hair and make-up. It was also really touching to see her reconcile with her grandmother. I can kind of understand Ruby's wanderlust, though. I'd love to see Nepal, too.

Overall, I loved this episode! So great to have the show back on form! Loved the twists involving Red and MM, although I agree that it was sad to see Peter go. OTOH, it was nice to have the writes throw us a curveball from the predictable "thwarted lovers" plot that they've showed us.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I also think that Regina probably made it up, just like she made up the "marriage" between him and Katherine. Remember, Regina and Gold are the only two people who know who they really are, so it would make sense that Regina can make stuff up about people without their realizing.
    That's exactly the way I figured it too.
    I figure a lot of Storybrooke's residents' past has been conjured up by "The Evil Queen". She made sure they all had pasts that she either could control or would keep them from their true happy pasts.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

There are several possibilities for Snow's fingerprints being on that box. The EQ could have stolen the box from Emma's apartment at some point or perhaps it belonged to Snow back in fairytale land...after all the EQ and Snow lived in the castle together...she could have taken it from her then.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I, too, thought of Peter and the Wolf, which is actually a children's symphony written by Sergei Prokofiev, though it does have a story and characters, each represented by a different instrument and musical theme. I was listening to see if I heard any of those easily identifiable melodies during the show. I don't think I did, but will listen more carefully the next time I view it. I think the music might still be under copyright since Prokofiev didn't die until 1953.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Is anyone familiar with this Grimm fairy tale (Snow White & Rose Red). In it, Snow and Red are sisters.

It's short read:

Snow-White and Rose-Red. Grimm, Jacob and Wilhelm. 1909-14. Household Tales. The Harvard Classics
    2boysmom and dzigner like this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread