+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 225 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120170 ... LastLast
Like Tree1147Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

I really liked this episode, particularly the flashback fairy-tale portion involving the friendship between Red and Snow. Some weeks I prefer the current day events and some weeks I enjoy the fairytale events. Ruby is beautiful and I like the female friendships developing in Storybrook. Wish some of the cute eye-candy males would stick around a bit longer!

One gripe... why does Emma's ability to know when someone is lying or telling the truth only seem to work sometimes? She thinks David is telling the truth but has no idea the photo/journalist guy is lying about his relationship with the mayor??? Either her power short circuit at times or the writers get lazy.
    alizarules and Babbred like this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    One gripe... why does Emma's ability to know when someone is lying or telling the truth only seem to work sometimes? She thinks David is telling the truth but has no idea the photo/journalist guy is lying about his relationship with the mayor??? Either her power short circuit at times or the writers get lazy.

If I had to guess, it will eventually have something to do with the fact that he was a genie OR that he's trapped in a mirror and there's some sort of reflective advantage for him.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    When I heard that, I thought about Harry Potter & the invisibility cloak & all the other stuff Wizards conjured up. Wizards can do many seemingly impossible things. We learned that from Harry.
    And before that, we learned it from Gandalf in Lord of the Rings. I love wizards and tend to use them (or rogues) as my character type when RPG'ing.
    Critical likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    And before that, we learned it from Gandalf in Lord of the Rings. I love wizards and tend to use them (or rogues) as my character type when RPG'ing.
    LOL and I have always been partial to warlocks myself

I liked the twist on Red. Really gave you something to sink your teeth in to.. pardon the pun. Nice to see that shes not just a little tart in a short skirt and tight top. The relationship that she and Snow have/had is very touching, almost like the need one another to keep them grounded. Story lines like this make me wish it was more in the fairy tale world at time but i still can't wait to see it all play out.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I was just wondering...the box Ruby dug up at the troll bridge....it appears to come close to some of the boxes Regina has but I was just wondering if any one can remember that particular box

was it something that belonged to Snow White...it could explain why the finger proofs match but I just can't remember if we had seen her with it
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    ... why does Emma's ability to know when someone is lying or telling the truth only seem to work sometimes? . . .
    Umm ó because it's not really a power? It's just something she told kids to get the truth out of them quickly?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I was just wondering...the box Ruby dug up at the troll bridge....it appears to come close to some of the boxes Regina has but I was just wondering if any one can remember that particular box

was it something that belonged to Snow White...it could explain why the finger proofs match but I just can't remember if we had seen her with it
    I don't know why Snow/Mary Margaret's prints are on it, but is it Graham's heart or someone else's?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I don't know why Snow/Mary Margaret's prints are on it, but is it Graham's heart or someone else's?
    It can't be Graham's heart because Regina destroyed it when she killed him.

I like the idea that the prints belong to Snow. That would be a good explanation.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I wondered if it was actually Prince Charming's heart that maybe snow white found at some point and hid to keep it safe from the queen or something.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I wondered if it was actually Prince Charming's heart that maybe snow white found at some point and hid to keep it safe from the queen or something.
    Isn't Prince Charming David? If so, he's still alive and kicking..so that can't be his heart. Or do I have my Princes mixed up?

My husband and I watch this show together and neither of us seen it coming that Red was the wolf. Interesting twist.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread