+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 214 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

I'm guessing that Emma was spared the fate of the town because she was transported in a different, but still magic, way.

Still laughing over the EQ's idea of a "terrible place." A quaint little town in Maine!
    beerbelly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    If Henry is aging because he was born in the "real world" then how is it explained that Emma, who was born in fairy tale world, is aging? She is 28 now (and although she is an attractive woman, she looks older than 28 to me). I know the storyline is that on her 28th birthday the battle will be set in motion so is she the only one from that time period who can age?

I'm not too keen on this show being by the Lost writers. That one started out great and then I felt really really let down by the ending. I hope they don't do the same with this one. I agree with others that this would be a great mini-series but could lose some of it's original polish if it goes on too long.
    Emma lives in the Real World, time is only stopped in StoryBrooke for the fairy tale characters. So how does that explain Henry aging from an infant to a 10 yr old. Well, Henry is half human and was born in the Real World and outside the curse when it was cast so he ages as a normal child. mmm......OK it works if the premise is that time has stopped for all the fairy tale characters that were in the presence of the curse when it was cast. The entire idea of putting Emma into the enchanted tree was for her to escape the curse, giving birth to Henry was a side benefit but may also be the reason that Emma can help save the cursed creatures. It also begs the question who is Henry's Daddy?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Emma was on the side of the road in "the real world" when the curse hit, so she wasn't touched.

I'm wondering how Emma's "superpowers" are going to come into play - being able to find people and knowing when they're lying. I liked her comparing herself to the huntsman (that's who I think the Sheriff is) - he said he likes to pound the pavement (searching for people) and then Emma replied you're salary; I get paid for delivery. I thought that was a clever throw-in by the writers.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I also think Henry isn't affected by the aging because Emma asked why these people didn't leave Storybrooke and Henry told her that bad things happened when they tried, so they are "stuck" there so to speak. Henry was able to leave so he must not be a "fairytale" character. Now that Emma has gone to Storybrooke I think she is stuck there. She tried to leave and a bad thing happened.

In some Fairy Tales the kids grow up. Such as Cinderella starts out a small girl as does Sleeping Beauty. Maybe they age until their mid twenties and stop?
    Some Heros wear capes....mine wears combat boots and kevlar....

Overall, my family and I liked it, but there were a few moments when we were completely taken out of the story. The scene with the "fairy" bringing the wood or tree was one. Another was Prince Charming throwing his sword like it was a javelin at the Evil Queen. I expected better special effects from ABC/Disney. It all looked so fake. Some of the dialogue spoken by the fairy tale characters while in the past was too modern sounding. I can't remember exactly what the Prince said when Snow was in labor, but it sounded too much like what a nervous dad would say now.

Not sure yet how I feel about Jennifer Morrison as Emma. My teenage sons didn't like her at all as Emma nor did they like the little boy playing Henry. I though Morrison was okay, but she doesn't seem to have that "likeability" factor that an actress like Amy Adams has which made "Enchanted" so charming. I'm not sure yet if Morrison can make me root for her. We plan to stick with this for awhile though. The writers are two of those from Lost. My understanding is that these two writers wrote most of the Hurley episodes which were some of my favorites. I just hope they know where they are going with this story and how to stretch it out over more than two seasons.

Hibernating

I loved the first episode. It ended way too quickly. It totally had me drawn in. As a huge Lost fan, I also loved the fact that there were a few Lost shoutouts thrown in there!

I know several people are "iffy" about Jennifer Morrison, but I don't mind her. She and Ginnifer Goodwin actually remind me so much of each other that I have gotten them confused before, so I guess its good casting for them to play mother/daughter.

Can't wait for the next episode!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I watched it earlier with my kids and they loved it. I'm so happy b/c DD is anti anything that has princesses in it but she was hooked as soon as the show started. And DS would rather ride his bike than watch TV but he was glued to it also. As soon as it was over, they wanted to watch the next one and were not happy when I told them they had to wait. (Netflix has spoiled them.) I'm so happy they're excited about this show too!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I had to work last night so I didn't get to watch it until today. Oh boy...it's even more delicious than I thought it would be. My husband watched it with me and he actually enjoyed it, too. He also said the minute Granny handed the key over that the clock was going to move. Actually, he said "tick". LOL...I can't wait for the next episode!!!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Episode 1 will be repeated right before episode 2 airs on Sunday night. Yay!

Does that mean ep. 1 @7 and ep. 2 @ 8? Or did they bump the regular show up an hour?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread