+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 214 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Is it Sunday yet?

I used to dread Sunday night because it meant Monday morning was just around the corner. Now, I want it to get here faster so I can find out what else is happening in Storybrook!!!
    I know - same here!

I'm really looking forward to tonight's episode. Even if things don't resolve in Storybrooke, I've got to imagine that whatever way Charming leans in Fantasyworld will give us a hint as to where he goes in Storybrooke... (albeit in a long, drawn-out fashion, I'm sure).
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

CCL

Storybrooke David is seriously impacting my love of this show. I don't know why they've made him into such a drip.
    Ellen and 2boysmom like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Wow, initially, I didn't like the Princess Abigail Prince James wedding storyline and the character of Abigail, seemed very shallow and Katherine a bit better but I was surprised at the depth of the character in this episode. But I do wonder why the writers are writing David as being so wishy washy in Storybrooke. Still I thought it was a strong episode as was last weeks. Nice to see that August Wayne Booth knows how to rebind a book. But the question also is, has he changed the storylines and or is adding new ones to the book or perhaps deleting others?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Did anyone catch his Storybrooke wife saying she didn't remember them falling in love and getting married to Regina? I bet they never were. How could they be when they weren't in the other world?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Hubby and I were watching American Idol a few nights ago. My husband said, "Steven Tyler sure looks like Rumplestiltskin."
    Oh my gosh, my DH said the exact same thing last week while we were watching Idol! He actually said, are Steven Tyler and Rumplestiltskin related? They look an awful lot alike" I didn't really see it, but I guess I'll have to look at them more closely next time.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Did anyone catch his Storybrooke wife saying she didn't remember them falling in love and getting married to Regina? I bet they never were. How could they be when they weren't in the other world?
    If you think about it, probably none of the characters can remember details from their "life" before the point where their Storybrooke existence began. Basically, they were all plopped down in one spot in time where they went about their business with nothing really changing, since time was standing still in a way. I think it's entirely possible that the "wife" was set up to be someone whose husband was missing (and David was the husband), just in case the prince ever came to, so she's real in that sense, but they don't actually have a history.
    Babbred likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Storybrooke David is seriously impacting my love of this show. I don't know why they've made him into such a drip.
    I was thinking the exact same thing....but then my son said something kinda interesting. It seems they've all lost something of their former selves when they were zapped into Storybrook. Maybe that has to do with breaking the curse as well? Think about it...Dr. Hopper lost his conscience and had to get it back, red Riding Hood lost her innocence and is now, well, tramp seems a bit harsh, but still...Sheriff Graham had lost his connection to animals as well as his common sense (sleeping with Regina? really? ), Katherine was clearly a decent character in Fairytale land, and surely wouldn't have been friends with EQ, Mary Margaret lost her hair (beauty? Fairest in the land?). Also, MM isn't near as...spunky?...as Snow was, but she's starting to get some back. Maybe David lost his courage, or valor, and has to learn how to fight to get it back? I don't know, but that's what I'm going with, because I'm with you - Storybrook David isn't even close to princely

On another topic, I think we can safely cross out the idea the idea that we'll only be seeing nods to fairytales (and Disney versions at that). Last week no doubt was a reference to Cuckoo's Nest. The Nurse Ratchett character alone might have been coincidence, but add the Indian mopping? That was a deliberate wink. This week Charming's "heroic quest" reminded me of Beowulf...right down to movie version Angelina Jolie rising out of the lake.
    Last edited by Katydyd; 02-20-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

One thing seriously wrong with this episode . . . . not one glimpse of Rumpie! Took the shine right off my suit of armor!

If "Fredrick" was the guy who first came upon the wrecked car . . . where has he been all this time?
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Flaw in this week's story, IMO - MM can excuse herself for seeing a married man, but it's unforgivable for him not to tell his wife everything when he tells her he wants out? Maybe it's a flaw in her character rather than a flaw in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    One thing seriously wrong with this episode . . . . not one glimpse of Rumpie! Took the shine right off my suit of armor!

If "Fredrick" was the guy who first came upon the wrecked car . . . where has he been all this time?
    I agree with you, Little Sew&Sew. Rumpy was missed BIG TIME!

That was Fredrick who came upon Katherine's car at the end. And if you didn't notice, he was the guy she bumped into at the school when she was gunning for MM. They keep introducing new people to us, and others disappear for weeks (like Henry's counselor/Jiminy Cricket). Storybrooke must be a decent-sized town!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I guess it must all be part of the curse that they don't recognize each other. I am in no hurry for everything to be resolved and have this show end.

They make Storybrook look so quaint and (no pun intended) charming, that you almost have to think it's a small town . . . . although there seemed to be quite a large number of students at school.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread