+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 216 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112162 ... LastLast
Like Tree1086Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

The last few minutes of the show redeemed it for me. Told you I was looking forward to the smackdown between the EQ/Regina and Rumpy/Gold. When they have their final duel it'll make Harry Potter look, well, like the Muggles.

Did anybody else get the references to One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest at the end, when Regina went to visit Belle? When she first talked to that nurse, I was thinking, "Gads, that reminds me of Nurse Ratchet!" I thought I must be crazy until Regina turned the corner and passed the orderly. Not only did that guy strongly resemble the Silent Indian from the movie, but I believe that was even the opening scene of the novel/movie--an authority figure moving down a hall as orderlies and patients silently watch him.
    Ellen, Miss_Griss and usschmidt like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    The last few minutes of the show redeemed it for me. Told you I was looking forward to the smackdown between the EQ/Regina and Rumpy/Gold. When they have their final duel it'll make Harry Potter look, well, like the Muggles.

Did anybody else get the references to One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest at the end, when Regina went to visit Belle? When she first talked to that nurse, I was thinking, "Gads, that reminds me of Nurse Ratchet!" I thought I must be crazy until Regina turned the corner and passed the orderly. Not only did that guy strongly resemble the Silent Indian from the movie, but I believe that was even the opening scene of the novel/movie--an authority figure moving down a hall as orderlies and patients silently watch him.
    Ohhh. Good catch on the One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest reference. She totally looked like Nurse Ratchet! And the mopping guy did resemble The Indian.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

We speculated on who they were as well . . . in storybook form. Hadn't really thought of it as being a reference to a movie. Someone else has suggested the two characters were The Red Queen and The Mad Hatter. Belle wasn't injured, so that part of the hospital was probably the mental ward.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

In the famous tea party scene from Alice in Wonderland, the Mad Hatter and the March Hare drive Alice crazy by saying nonsensical thins. In Through the Looking Glass, the Red Queen is portrayed as a grumpy older lady. However, in the last chapter, she and the ditzy White Queen again drive Alice crazy by saying crazy things. Despite the theme of craziness that runs through both novels, I don't really think that's what the writers of the show were going for here. Lewis' books are not really fairytales, but more of a parody on his culture. (To really appreciate both books, you have to read the annotated versions by Martin Gardner. He shows how Lewis was hilarioulsy sending up the prudish Victorian culture around him. You could think of him as a proto-SNL writer. )
    Ellen likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I just love this show! I don't have any great observances to make, but just wanted to enjoy the discussion with everyone and enjoy everyone else's astute catches.

Loved the Beauty & the Beast nods. Robert Carlysle is just wonderful. What a surprise it was for me to learn that he was the lead on The Full Monty! I've heard that his castmates say he's the sweetest guy, and it's difficult to take him seriously when he's being nasty Rumpy.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I'm glad to see David's going to have to man up and make a decision next week; I'm tired of him stringing MM along! But part of me wishes he gave MM the correct card - not sure if you all caught it but I took a snapshot - I bet on the inside it says 'my queen' or 'queen of my heart'.

Thank you so much for sharing that! My young daughter has been watching the show with me. When I showed her this, she got the biggest grin and started giggling!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    True Love's Kiss. I do think this kiss will break the curse, but if that's the case this would be the first and last season. Unless...each season will end with the kiss.

Mary Margaret and David kiss on the last episode this season; the curse is broken and they know who they are. The townspeople follow them to the stairs in the mineshaft and half way down the stairs, Snow White and the Prince realize no one is following them. They go top side and discover the townspeople struggling against an invisible barrier. The cliff hanger becomes do they go or do they stay?

I think each season a storyline will develop with True Kiss being the resolution and each season either the couple will decide to descend or they will decide to stay. This is my take on the theme that developed during Rumpy's revelation anyway.

OR - this is the season of the true kiss and both storylines are resolved and next season a new barrier becomes the storyline.
    The more I watch this show, the more I wish it was going to be just one season or had been developed as a mini-series. They could have a clear storyline, with a clear direction, and a path toward resolution. I think it would make for a better overall story than all of this beating around the bush to try and drag the story out artificially.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Is it Sunday yet?

I used to dread Sunday night because it meant Monday morning was just around the corner. Now, I want it to get here faster so I can find out what else is happening in Storybrook!!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Hubby and I were watching American Idol a few nights ago. My husband said, "Steven Tyler sure looks like Rumplestiltskin."
    Babbred likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Hubby and I were watching American Idol a few nights ago. My husband said, "Steven Tyler sure looks like Rumplestiltskin."
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread