+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 205 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161 ... LastLast
Like Tree997Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

I loved this episode and insight into some of the various facets of Rumple. (Robert Carlysle is divine!) I will be interested to see if Belle's return will help redeem him in the end. Perhaps it will push he & Emma to truly working together as a team...or maybe breaking Belle out will be the favor she owes him. So, so many possibilities!

I find it interesting that for the second time, we've heard that true love's kiss can break any curse. Since MM and David have already kissed, I'm wondering if it could be Rumple & Belle that could end the curse? And I think the Queen wanted to know what Rumple remembered purely to know - he stated that he's got all the power in the town, so I'm sure as the curse's creator, he put that fail-safe in there, which is why I'm wondering if Belle's kiss could break the curse. Again, so many possibilities!

I'm glad to see David's going to have to man up and make a decision next week; I'm tired of him stringing MM along! But part of me wishes he gave MM the correct card - not sure if you all caught it but I took a snapshot - I bet on the inside it says 'my queen' or 'queen of my heart'.

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Little Miss Muffett maybe?
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Relieved that, among the nauseating references to Gaston and chipped cups, the writers didn't actually stoop to dancing tableware.
    I didn't find it nauseating at all.

Mr. Gold is my favorite character. Aside from seeing his softer side (however briefly) the references to Disney's B&B (including the blue pinafore Belle wore and the old woman at the door selling roses) made it my favorite episode to date.
    Florimel and BuckeyeAddict like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Relieved that, among the nauseating references to Gaston and chipped cups, the writers didn't actually stoop to dancing tableware.
    I'm glad I'm not the only Scrooge here. I was feeling lonely. I personally have never liked the B & B story, Disney or otherwise. For Pete's sake, a woman falls in love with someone who is holding her prisoner. I don't find that romantic; I find that creepy in a Stockholme Syndromish way.

I also didn't like seeing Gold out of control and beating the crap out of that poor guy. Good grief, he'd better do some serious jail time because if not, then that florist has a whopper of a lawsuit he could file. Then Rumpy/Gold would really need all that gold.

As regards demanding that Rumpy reveal his name, I thought that it had something to do with Rumpy's insistance of wanting to know names (Emma's, for example, while Snow was still preggers) as part of his being able to have power over those people — as well as an important part of the original story in which his prisoner was able to gain her freedom by "guessing" his name.
    Wasn't that part of the original fairytale with Rumpy? I vaguely remember it had something to do with some girl finding out his real name and making him disappear.

And I am SO glad that MM came to her senses and gained some self-respect. I'm sorry, but David lost all of my respect in this sordid storyline. He basically wanted to have his cake and eat it, too, just like any other married man who strings along a mistress with "but honey, someday I'll marry you." Hmmm-mmmm. Believe that when it happens. He needs to man up and either dump his wife or let MM get on with her life.
    Ellen likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

[QUOTE=Babbred;4429110

Wasn't that part of the original fairytale with Rumpy? I vaguely remember it had something to do with some girl finding out his real name and making him disappear.
    [/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe it was. I think I recall that the miller's daughter was ordered to spin straw into gold to save her father. She made a deal with Rumpy to give him her first born child if he showed her how to do it. The only way to cancel that deal and keep her child was for her to tell Rumpy what his name was. I don't know if that's completely accurate, but I think it's pretty much what happened.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Yes, I believe it was. I think I recall that the miller's daughter was ordered to spin straw into gold to save her father. She made a deal with Rumpy to give him her first born child if he showed her how to do it. The only way to cancel that deal and keep her child was for her to tell Rumpy what his name was. I don't know if that's completely accurate, but I think it's pretty much what happened.
    And my bet is that Regina Mills (see pictures of her father's crypt) a.k.a. The Evil Queen means that she was once the Miller's daughter...

"We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    And my bet is that Regina Mills (see pictures of her father's crypt) a.k.a. The Evil Queen means that she was once the Miller's daughter...
    Good catch!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Just had time to look through the sales flyers that came with Sunday's newspaper.

Target is offering a dvd - with the first 5 episodes only - sale priced at $9 (down from $12.99). Sticker on the front says it includes a $5 off coupon for the complete first season, coming out in the "fall of 2012".

The marketing strategy escapes me. Paying $9 for a $5 coupon and a limited number of episodes that I could watch online - for FREE - episodes that will be on the complete dvd later this year.

Hmmmmmmmmm . . . . .
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

The miller's daughter had to spin straw into gold for the king who was holding her prisoner and going to execute her if she didn't in the original story. Then she made a deal with that Rumpy that he would do it for her each of the nights in trade for stuff. The final trade was for her first born child.

Subsequently the daughter ended up marrying the king and of course ended up with child. Rumpy came back to collect on the deal at which point she was offered another deal which was to guess his name with in 3 nights. She had a spy go out and from what I remember found him dancing around a fire or something chanting his name. The spy came back and told her and she busted rumpy's bubble.

For whatever reason this was one of my favorite childhood stories. I just think I liked an evil little dude like that.
    Miss_Griss, alizarules and JavaJo like this.

True Love's Kiss. I do think this kiss will break the curse, but if that's the case this would be the first and last season. Unless...each season will end with the kiss.

Mary Margaret and David kiss on the last episode this season; the curse is broken and they know who they are. The townspeople follow them to the stairs in the mineshaft and half way down the stairs, Snow White and the Prince realize no one is following them. They go top side and discover the townspeople struggling against an invisible barrier. The cliff hanger becomes do they go or do they stay?

I think each season a storyline will develop with True Kiss being the resolution and each season either the couple will decide to descend or they will decide to stay. This is my take on the theme that developed during Rumpy's revelation anyway.

OR - this is the season of the true kiss and both storylines are resolved and next season a new barrier becomes the storyline.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread