+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 214 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I doubt that they are married as well. Seems a little to 'convenient' that she showed up when she did (in spite of her explanation).

Cannot believe that the Genie/Mr Glass didn't see the snake thing coming from a mile away. So obvious.
    But the poor genie was unaccustomed to females and their evil feminine wiles. He was so intent on looking for love, that he believed everything the EQ presented at face value and assumed she felt the same way when all the while, he was just a pawn in her scheme to kill her husband. I think if the genie was more educated in the ways of the world, he might not have succumbed to her machinations so easily.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    But the poor genie was unaccustomed to females and their evil feminine wiles. He was so intent on looking for love, that he believed everything the EQ presented at face value and assumed she felt the same way when all the while, he was just a pawn in her scheme to kill her husband. I think if the genie was more educated in the ways of the world, he might not have succumbed to her machinations so easily.
    That genie has been trapped for 1,000 years seeing the disastrous results of the three wishes he grants I think he has a pretty good idea of the ways of the world and people. I think he was so desperate for love that he truly did not see what was in front of his face.

To be honest I thought the entire plot of king, diary, lonely wife was very heavily contrived but because I enjoy the series I am willing to let go such a poorly written episode.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

Well, I was with the genie. I felt badly for the queen what with the way she was being treated by the king, and I thought she was being genuine (though I did question a bit her falling in love so quickly with the genie). So we are both suckers.
    I understand everyone's arguments re David and MM but it still bugs me. All the relevant parties think David and Katherine are married and, as such, what they are doing is wrong (and I think Katherine believes it too and is not faking. Just because they were not married in fairytale-land doesn't mean the queen couldn't have contrived it to have the two be married in Storybrooke. They all just showed up in Storybrooke fully formed with real-world jobs and homes, why wouldn't
    that include marital partners? But I've said I'm a sucker so it'll probably turn out that Katherine is colluding with Regina).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I thought the same thing initially, but when Snow confronted Prince Charming his reaction made me think that possibly they hadn't. My memory could be faulty, but I could have sworn he said something about it being "impossible". If his wife really is in the know and lying or in cahoots with the EQ, that whole grocery store scenario could have been set up to hurt MM and keep her away from him.
    Yes, David did say that...and I thought he was going to follow that up with details like, but we never had sex, then or when his wife was saying she'd thought she was pregnant...but he didn't, so maybe he just meant, impossible because we used contraception ... but maybe something like condoms that are only 95% effective, not 100%. If they'd never had sex it would seem awfully odd for the wife to say that to him! I mean he has amnesia about the past, but his memory for what happened after he woke up is fine.

I still don't see what Snow did to the EQ that warranted her wrath. From where I stand as of right now, Snow would have more of an incentive to take revenge on the EQ rather than the other way around. I'm curious to see where this all leads.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Any story that gives me some additional time to watch Giancarlo Espoito act is just fine with me. I knew from the start he would wind up playing a major part in what's going on since an actor of his ability isn't generally cast for a minor role. Glass is so deliciously different from Gus in Breaking Bad.
    Ellen likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I still don't see what Snow did to the EQ that warranted her wrath. From where I stand as of right now, Snow would have more of an incentive to take revenge on the EQ rather than the other way around. I'm curious to see where this all leads.
    Exactly! This is the first time watching this show that I was left really confused!

Ugh! I was sooo hoping that Glass was going to come to the good guys! Did anyone notice that his genie lamp decor looks a heckuva lot like Jeannie's from I Dream of Jeannie? I LOVED IT!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    Exactly! This is the first time watching this show that I was left really confused!

Ugh! I was sooo hoping that Glass was going to come to the good guys! Did anyone notice that his genie lamp decor looks a heckuva lot like Jeannie's from I Dream of Jeannie? I LOVED IT!
    Well of course. What else would a genie lamp interior look like?
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

My guess is that Regina's hatred for Snow is simply jealousy of King Hubby still pining over dead wife, fawning over Snow's resemblance to dead wife and calling her "the fairest in the land" or whatever -- and pretty much ignoring new wife.

More and more, "the dark side" is winning my support.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    My guess is that Regina's hatred for Snow is simply jealousy of King Hubby still pining over dead wife, fawning over Snow's resemblance to dead wife and calling her "the fairest in the land" or whatever -- and pretty much ignoring new wife.

More and more, "the dark side" is winning my support.
    I'm sure that's part of it, but hasn't she also explicitly said that Snow cost her something/one she dearly loved/desired? MAYBE you could say Snow cost her the love of the king by reminding him of her mother, but that seems like a real stretch. I agree, we don't seem to have heard what Snow did to enrage EQ so much. In the beginning I thought maybe she was in love with Charming herself, but that's not it clearly.

+ Reply to Thread