+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 225 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast
Like Tree1152Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

It's really tough when I have my 9 year old daughter watching along - but maybe an educational opportunity. I explained that what David and MM are doing is wrong. However, I added that I don't think David really is married to Katherine. Still doesn't make it right, though. They should both steer clear of each other unless and until he is single. It is very hard not to root for them, though.

I keep wondering if Katherine won't grow a conscience and be the one to step up and admit to him that she's been playing along in an elaborate farce. Unless she really believes they are married.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Maybe if David actually split up with his wife before starting the affair with MM it would not have seemed quite as wrong/cruel. Katherine seems to genuinely love him, don't you think? That's not easy to fake. Since she thought she was pregant, we have to assume that they are inimate physically. And nothing in the story, thus far, indicates that there was no wedding between them.

Maybe Emma will get the marriage certificate. BTW, she is starting to annoy me, too. I think it's her hairdo.

She's supposed to be a badass bounty hunter, but she has a "do" that looks like it takes a couple of hours daily maintenance. Kind of like "Real Housewife" hair.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Well, for me this is fiction and fantasy fiction at that. I can easily suspend belief and the moral values of many, though not all, of us for a good story. Nobody's marriage is really breaking up. Most action characters usually have their hair and makeup in place while they are jumping from trains and skipping across buildings or when they have twenty people shooting at the hero and he dodges all bullets. Or when our hero is fight with a bunch of opponents and they politely wait their turn to attack until he's ready for them. I speak only for myself, but none of this bothers me at all.
    Katydyd, Coco46 and JavaJo like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I'm not comfortable with the affair, either. I totally understand that he and Snow are married in the Fairytaleland. However, in this moment, in the present reality, he and MM believe that he is married to Katherine. David even agreed to go to counseling when his wife begged him to try and save his marriage. Although I hold MM responsible for her actions, I actually dislike David more for creating this mess. MM told him no quite firmly, and yet he still chased after her and wore her down. Shame on him. Like you said, Poppy, if he really loved MM than he would break it off with his wife, even if it caused her pain. At least it would be honest. All this sneaking around like giddy schoolchildren just makes me feel ick watching it.

As for Katherine, IMO, she's not consciously working with the EQ. She seemed pretty darn sincere when she was begging David to stay with her.

Ok, on to the rest of the epi...

Sadly, I didn't like the rest of it, either, and normally I love this show. The whole epi just felt off. That king just gave me the creeps, what with saying he wanted everybody to be happy and then spying on his wife and punishing for her for something she had only thought about. Supposedly he loved his first wife dearly, but it does make you wonder....a person doesn't develop that kind of personality overnight. It's even more creepy since he made a big deal about neglecting his wife and then suddenly cared about her again, or at least what she did. That whole subplot with Regina and the king just screamed "abusive husband and his victim."

I must say, though, that I loved Regina in this epi. That was neat the way she made you wonder at the end. Was she really only using the Genie all along? Or did she really love him and was just using the classic "I love you but I have to cause you pain because it's better for you to go away" move? IOW, was her story supposed to roughly parallel Snow's and Charming's?

And yeah, ditto to all those who said that it just didn't feel right having Emma fall for Sydney's maneuverings so thoroughly.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Anybody know what all those tools were for that "the stranger" had on the table when he was breaking into the box with the book in it? (Continuity thing, but I don't remember the box having a lock on it when Henry buried it.)
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Anybody know what all those tools were for that "the stranger" had on the table when he was breaking into the box with the book in it? (Continuity thing, but I don't remember the box having a lock on it when Henry buried it.)
    Yeah, I thought that was kinda weird too as you never saw Henry either take off or put on a lock
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

BuckeyeAddict - I can totally understand the issue with your 9 year old but you are so correct in it being an educational tool. On the other hand, my 13 year old is watching and she totally gets that it is really Snow and Charming and not David and MM, even though they are in Storybrooke. She has separated David from his wife by saying he can't really be married to her because he was married to Snow in fairytale land. She has decided Katherine is all sweet and pretending to love David because in fairytale land she was a real snot to Charming and her take is personalities don't change just because they are in Storybrooke so eventually we will see Katherine's true side. She says everytime Katherine is on the screen "Mom you just wait, she will show how snotty she really is". She yells at her and calls her fake. That's the perspective of a 13 year old.

This episode seemed to go off the rails a bit. Not one of my favorites for sure. Did not like the King and Genie storyline at all. Just seemed sloppy and not well thought out. Maybe it will be better explained in later episodes.

I believe Henry did have a key to the box. Just wondering how the stranger got the box in the first place.
    Some Heros wear capes....mine wears combat boots and kevlar....

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Sadly, I didn't like the rest of it, either, and normally I love this show. The whole epi just felt off. That king just gave me the creeps, what with saying he wanted everybody to be happy and then spying on his wife and punishing for her for something she had only thought about. Supposedly he loved his first wife dearly, but it does make you wonder....a person doesn't develop that kind of personality overnight. It's even more creepy since he made a big deal about neglecting his wife and then suddenly cared about her again, or at least what she did. That whole subplot with Regina and the king just screamed "abusive husband and his victim."

I must say, though, that I loved Regina in this epi. That was neat the way she made you wonder at the end. Was she really only using the Genie all along? Or did she really love him and was just using the classic "I love you but I have to cause you pain because it's better for you to go away" move? IOW, was her story supposed to roughly parallel Snow's and Charming's?And yeah, ditto to all those who said that it just didn't feel right having Emma fall for Sydney's maneuverings so thoroughly.
    Yes, I wondered that also...was she sending him away for his own good? And had to make him believe she didn't care? Somewhere in this story we know something happens that makes EQ blame Snow for costing her something/one dear, and I don't think it was the King. Was it the genie? Soon presumably Snow will be exiled, so there's not much time for her to earn all that enmity from EQ.
    Good point about the parallel with S and C.
    Also good point about maybe the King's first marriage not being all that great either...in actuality as opposed to his "memory" of it at the birthday party. Not clear how old Snow was when she died, so she may not know herself what it was like. And Daddy King also gave me a few creeps when he seemed to be identifying Snow with her dearly beloved mom.

Well, we are probably reading something(s) unintended into this!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I'm not comfortable with the affair, either. I totally understand that he and Snow are married in the Fairytaleland. However, in this moment, in the present reality, he and MM believe that he is married to Katherine. David even agreed to go to counseling when his wife begged him to try and save his marriage. Although I hold MM responsible for her actions, I actually dislike David more for creating this mess. MM told him no quite firmly, and yet he still chased after her and wore her down. Shame on him. Like you said, Poppy, if he really loved MM than he would break it off with his wife, even if it caused her pain. At least it would be honest. All this sneaking around like giddy schoolchildren just makes me feel ick watching it.

As for Katherine, IMO, she's not consciously working with the EQ. She seemed pretty darn sincere when she was begging David to stay with her.

Ok, on to the rest of the epi...

I must say, though, that I loved Regina in this epi. That was neat the way she made you wonder at the end. Was she really only using the Genie all along? Or did she really love him and was just using the classic "I love you but I have to cause you pain because it's better for you to go away" move? IOW, was her story supposed to roughly parallel Snow's and Charming's?

And yeah, ditto to all those who said that it just didn't feel right having Emma fall for Sydney's maneuverings so thoroughly.
    Yeah, but shouldn't you take into account that David was in a coma and now that he is awake he remembers NOTHING about his marriage to Katherine nor does he have any feelings for her.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

Then he should just leave Katherine. I love Snow/Charming and David/MM but I can't be on board with him cheating on his wife, even if he has no memories of her/she's faking it/he should really be with MM/whatever. Divorce her...heck, he doesn't even have to wait till the paperwork is finished to get with MM and I would be okay with that. Just leave her.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread