+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 214 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Has anyone else noticed this? When they show the commercials for the next episode, different characters/figures appear in the background when Once Upon A Time comes on the screen.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Has anyone else noticed this? When they show the commercials for the next episode, different characters/figures appear in the background when Once Upon A Time comes on the screen.
    Are you talking about the blue "home" screen? If so, I've noticed them and I love the clues they give. If not, I'm not sure what you mean.

The next episode's "clue" looks really great and wasn't what I expected. Putting in spoiler tags just in case

Click to see Spoiler:
    Who would've thunk that the Magic Mirror/Sydney was a genie!?!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Yes! I think its so neat how they show the clues. You have to watch closely to catch some of them.

Have to hand it to the EQ - she sure knows how to play everyone like a fiddle. Interesting take on how Sydney came to be stuck in the mirror.

And Emma - if you're so easily hoodwinked by Sydney then your "superpower" ain't no superpower. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she's on to him and will be feeding both he and the Mayor a bunch of bologna. The thought of the wool being pulled over her eyes so easily is really disappointing...

Looking forward to seeing what "the stranger" does with the book... and can't wait to see Belle with the Beast (it being Rumple def. threw me for a loop!).
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I thought last night's episode was offputting in a number of ways.

What kind of benevolent, altruistic king who only wants everyone in his kingdom to be "happy" ignores the obvious misery he is inflicting on his own wife? And who, upon reading her priviate diary, imprisons her? Not nice.

And Mary Margaret getting romantically involved with another woman's husband? Not very upstanding of her.

Maybe it runs in the family.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, I was also turned off by the king's behavior at his birthday party....all he needs is daughter who reminds him of his beloved wife...not even a nod to his current wife. Of course since she and her dad were plotting to kill him maybe that point got through to him unconsciously. The question being I guess, did the plot precede the unhappiness in her marriage or follow it.
    And he imprisons his wife for thoughts? I know back in the times of Henry the VIII and the like a queen being unfaithful was considered treason (messing with the succession lines I guess), so I guess the fairy tale world doesn't have modern mores.
    So is the implication that the newspaper (former) editor is hot for the queen? Seems to be, and that she is using it, what with hand on the thigh and all.
    I guess we know now why Snow was living in the woods.
    Yeah, MM, especially given that we've seen the wife seem to be a nice person trying to save her marriage...Mary Margaret not looking so sweet now.

Interesting...on Good Wife I was cheering the plot that got the opposition to look like idiots, here, not so much---though in both cases you have to admire the deviousness that got the opposition to stick their own foot in their mouth, publicly.

My take on MM and David is that he isn't really married to his "wife". They tranported to Storybrooke and at the time he was married to Snow. I would bet somewhere down the line when things start to unravel it is revealed he isn't "married". He keeps saying she is the only thing that "feels" right and I think it is because subconciously he knows he isn't married. His new life in Storybrooke was only planted in his head when he saw the windmill. My guess is when he had amnesia he was close to the truth and if his thoughts hadn't been subplanted when he saw the windmill he would have figured it out.

I didn't like that Sidney was able to pull one over on Emma. It just didn't fit into who her character was written as from the beginning.

Not sure I like the idea of Rumpy being the beast....
    Some Heros wear capes....mine wears combat boots and kevlar....

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Whatever subconciously David may "know", I'm pretty certain that Mary Margaret believes he's married and that his wfie loves him.

I'm actually starting to root for Regina and Mr. Gold.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 01-30-2012 at 02:53 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

That's the point. They all know subconciously what their lives are really like. MM knows subconciously as well. That is why I think they are drawn together. Guess that is why I don't have a problem with it. The Storybrooke life is EQ's wish as to how the others should live. Deep down they all know the truth.
    Some Heros wear capes....mine wears combat boots and kevlar....

IK, I'm having a hard time with the whole MM/David storyline. I root for them but only when I conveniently forget about his being married. It's a really fine line with me. If he didn't have his "memory" back, I'd think it might be better, esp. since he told Katherine that he'd like to work on things with her when he was avoiding MM. But then I remember that it's all an evil plot put together by the EQ and SW & Charming really are married and I think hooray! whenever they get together. It's so confusing!!

+ Reply to Thread