+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 225 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree1147Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Could the writer be the writer of the book that Henry has - the writer of the stories? Maybe that's why he believes Henry? Come to finish the book?
    JavaJo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    As far as the Fairytale-of-the-Week episodes, they do integrate in to the main storyline. It's been established that Storybrooke is "frozen in time" & the clock showed it's now unstuck. Plus the Evil Queen specifically said "No mor happy endings". The other Fairytale episodes are concluded with happy endings, showing that the curse is cracking & losing it's hold one by one. Each story is furthering the crack. Just like the feelings of deja-vu the characters are feeling & the characters starting to stick up for themselves a little at a time.

I think that's the main line of the show. Watching the curse break. Not in a big "Boom! It's over" but slowly increasing. And watching the Evil Queen watch, all alone, not knowing what to do or what's causing it.
    Definitely in the minority, but I agree with this 100% I think we need to see how the curse is slowly breaking apart. Out of all the episodes so far, there have really only been two that were completely closed ended - Cinderella and H/G. I like the episodes where we learn more backstory of the characters like Graham, Rumpy, Mr. Hopper and hopefully Red one of these days Of course Snow and Charming are the "A" story line, but if they resolve too quickly, where does the show go from there? Afterall, they were the ones who were the entire reason behind the EQ's curse. When they get their happy ending, that will be a major blow to the curse....if that's not what breaks it completely. Of course, I wonder what happens then? Do they integrate Storybrooke and FT land? Does Emma leave Mom and Dad behind and stay in the "real world" or become a Disney princess ? Do the EQ and Rumpy find some sort of redemption, or are they doomed?

As for the new guy in town (yum!), that was my first thought too CSW - a Grimm brother I really like the idea that he may be the author of the book though...or one in a long line of writers. Maybe the book is like an evolving piece, and one day Henry will be the one to take over writing the stories...Anyway. I definitely think the fact he is using an old fashioned typewriter has some sort of meaning. He has a connection to someone somewhere, otherwise he wouldn't have landed in Storybrooke!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Could the writer be the writer of the book that Henry has - the writer of the stories? Maybe that's why he believes Henry? Come to finish the book?
    That's an interesting idea. I like it.

"That's what makes me Grumpy". I loved that line! Grumpy has always been my favorite.

EQ's face when Emma mentioned the curse was priceless.

Gennifer Goodwin said in the article that she has a hard time with the scenes with Rumpy because in RL he's the sweetest, funniest man ever and then she has to switch gears and pretend to be disgusted by him. She said it's challenging as an actress because she just wants to hug him..lol
    beerbelly likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I too thought the stranger might be a Grimm Brother. I was thinking he might have shown up because Emma burned the last pages of the book and so the end of the story is no longer "written in stone" so to speak so he has to be there to finish writing the fairy tale. Emma burning the last pages means she no longer has a guideline on how the story ends. Either way, he has to be tied to Fairy Tale land somehow or he couldn't be there. Even Henry is tied to it because he is the son of the Snow & Charming's daughter, Emma.

Last night was one of my favorite episodes but I think I might of hit my hubby when Snow said "Prince Who?" I was so upset!!!!!!!
    Katydyd, inthegarden and JavaJo like this.
    Some Heros wear capes....mine wears combat boots and kevlar....

Quote Originally Posted by Bjaminsmom View Post
    I too thought the stranger might be a Grimm Brother. I was thinking he might have shown up because Emma burned the last pages of the book and so the end of the story is no longer "written in stone" so to speak so he has to be there to finish writing the fairy tale. Emma burning the last pages means she no longer has a guideline on how the story ends.
    What a great idea!! Makes perfect sense
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I had forgotten that Emma burned the pages. Thanks for that reminder. All of the theories are great!
    Besides the great acting, the scenery is beautiful.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Can someone remind me why Emma would burn pages of Henry's book? I've missed a couple of episodes along the way...don't recall that at all.

Emma burned the pages so there wasn't any chance for the EQ to read what happens.
    Some Heros wear capes....mine wears combat boots and kevlar....

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Can someone remind me why Emma would burn pages of Henry's book? I've missed a couple of episodes along the way...don't recall that at all.
    it was right after she came to town and at that point she was playing into Henry's thing about the Fairytale land and he tore the pages out of the book so Regina couldnt' read them and gave them to Emma and she told Henry she read them and that they were dangerous and that the EQ couldn't know the ending that way she and Henry had the upper hand..so she burned them in Dr. Hopper's office...I wonder as more and more as she comes to believe Henry will she regret that decision to burn them who knows

I love the idea of the motorcycle man being a Grimm and he's there to re write the stories as they are finding their happy endings
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    it was right after she came to town and at that point she was playing into Henry's thing about the Fairytale land and he tore the pages out of the book so Regina couldnt' read them and gave them to Emma and she told Henry she read them and that they were dangerous and that the EQ couldn't know the ending that way she and Henry had the upper hand..so she burned them in Dr. Hopper's office...I wonder as more and more as she comes to believe Henry will she regret that decision to burn them who knows

I love the idea of the motorcycle man being a Grimm and he's there to re write the stories as they are finding their happy endings
    Thanks to you and Bjaminsmom---do we know whether she actually read the pages, or did she just tell Henry she did? Of course logically the different stories are in different chapters, so he can't just tear out the last few pages of the book---would have to go through it pulling out pages.

I like the idea that the gradual increase in happy endings is eroding the curse, katydyd...which is why we need to other characters to come in and do their chapters now and then, and not just have it be about Snow and Charming.

And I agree, JavaJo, loved Grumpy's line about that's what makes me g/Grumpy!

+ Reply to Thread