+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 216 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast
Like Tree1086Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

I guess I'm just not that impressed by the new guy. Graham was much sexier, IMO. I find the new guy a bit, well, annoying. Like he's trying too hard

I definitely enjoyed this episode more than the last few. For me, the Snow & Charming/Mary Margaret & James relationships are the heart of the show. When the show starts doing "fairy tale of the week" episode after episode, it starts to feel a bit like The Love Boat - characters come on the show and we see their problems get resolved in an hour or less....and then we never see them again and the people who live in Storybrooke are relegated to supporting roles.

Poor Stealthy, the 8th dwarf! I liked the way they handled the introduction of the dwarves as Snow's protectors - that was done really well, IMO.
    nanarama, JavaJo and Babbred like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I don't really care WHO he is..lol.well at this point I don't care he's just a very nice piece of eye candy to drool over but that typewriter they didnt' even have those in the Fairy Tale World that I know of..but it appears to be very very old like something Mr. Gold would want in his shop or once had or sold in his shop...My first guess would be that he is Rumpy's son but IMO that's just way to obvious so I don't know who else he could be..I'm trying to think of writers in the fairy tale land but I go blank...any guesses anyone
    You have some really good thoughts! I didn't think of the typewriter being something antique that Mr. Gold would be interested in. I only wondered what kind of writer would not only not use a computer, but wouldn't even have an electric typewriter.

Also interesting idea that the guy might be Rumpy's son.

So, speaking of the new guy, I assume there are Bachelor and Bachelorette fans here (you may even be one, ButterflyFaery). Does the new guy remind anyone of Graham Bunn? I can't help but see a resemblance. Slightly ironic with the "Graham" tie to the former sheriff.

I'm not sure I'd get so hung up on the fact that he has a type writer....after all, where he's at now is present day/modern times. He's a writer....do we know any fairytales with an author in them?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Loved this last episode (so much so that I'm rewatching it right now-lol). I'm not over the moon about 'the stranger' - I miss Graham too much and I remember this guy from Center Stage. What I did find interesting is that he used the word 'tantalizing'. At first, it made me think of a magician but when he opened the typewriter, it made sense. I mean, seriously, who uses the word tantalizing except for Rumpy...or a writer. So my guess (purely speculation, I haven't read any spoilers about him) is that perhaps he's a Brother Grimm? He sounds older than he looks and perhaps that might be a key to something?

So many great things happened last night - Emma mentioning the EQ's curse to the Mayor, Snow's meeting Grumpy and their relationship (loved it!), and the chance meetings between Snow & Charming/Mary & David.

I found it really interesting when Rumpy told Snow that "love is the most powerful magic"... how will it counteract the potion Snow took? Will we see David & Mary break the EQ's curse and somehow get together? [and if they play Catherine's getting pregnant in the future, I'm going to get REALLY upset!] Could this be how the EQ's curse is eventually broken - Henry's love for Emma trumps his love for her?

Like I said, so many great parts to this past episode - they really do keep things moving right along!

One last note - how creepy was Rumpy last night with Snow? Robert Carlysle is so perfect in this role!!
    Arielflies and JavaJo like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I guess I'm just not that impressed by the new guy. Graham was much sexier, IMO. I find the new guy a bit, well, annoying. Like he's trying too hard

I definitely enjoyed this episode more than the last few. For me, the Snow & Charming/Mary Margaret & James relationships are the heart of the show. When the show starts doing "fairy tale of the week" episode after episode, it starts to feel a bit like The Love Boat - characters come on the show and we see their problems get resolved in an hour or less....and then we never see them again and the people who live in Storybrooke are relegated to supporting roles.

Poor Stealthy, the 8th dwarf! I liked the way they handled the introduction of the dwarves as Snow's protectors - that was done really well, IMO.
    You hit the nail on the head! It isn't that I mind new characters being introduced, I just didn't enjoy the pattern of e few episodes there were with the "Love Boat" style story resolution and not really integrating things into the main storyline. When you get down to it, the show is mostly about Snow, Charming and the Evil Queen's curse on them and that's why they're all in Storybrooke to begin with.

The new guy has me wondering if maybe somehow he's the writer who will be resonsible for writing the new happy storybook ending as things are resolved.
    AmyKay and Babbred like this.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

I love the 'new guy'. Eion Bailey was great in Band of Brothers years back. Wondered why he had never gotten more popular. So glad to see him on here.

So glad we got back to Snow/Charming MM/James last night. I can't wait to see how these stories progress. Gah...this show is so good!
    dzigner likes this.

cantstopwatchin and nanarama, I also thought the new guy might be one of the Brother's Grimm and he is there to write a new end to the story as Emma changes it. That would make sense since he seems to believe Henry. Henry seems to have the role of the Storyteller.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree the new guy's appealing, but I also liked Graham better...ah well. Clearly Regina doesn't know who he is, so he must be a new variable introduced by Emma's "meddling". I also was thinking...he's a writer, he will "write" new endings to their tales. Like the idea his last name might be Grimm! Way to link to the other fairy tale show!
    Love the Snow/Charming 4some. Interesting that in the fairy tale land it is Snow who has the amnesia. I have to assume that when Charming arrives he'll be able to connect with her the way her alter ego did with his in "modern" times.

A couple of comments:
    I knew the box was a typewriter the moment I got a look at it. The placement of the opening & latches was unmistakable. It was an older model portable, but a far cry from an antique one. I've seen plenty of antique typewriters & this wasn't one.
    As far as the Fairytale-of-the-Week episodes, they do integrate in to the main storyline. It's been established that Storybrooke is "frozen in time" & the clock showed it's now unstuck. Plus the Evil Queen specifically said "No mor happy endings". The other Fairytale episodes are concluded with happy endings, showing that the curse is cracking & losing it's hold one by one. Each story is furthering the crack. Just like the feelings of deja-vu the characters are feeling & the characters starting to stick up for themselves a little at a time.

I think that's the main line of the show. Watching the curse break. Not in a big "Boom! It's over" but slowly increasing. And watching the Evil Queen watch, all alone, not knowing what to do or what's causing it.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Did anyone else hear that when Grumpy met Snow in the prison he was whistling the first part of the "Heigh-Ho" song?
    Yes — it made me laugh in an "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" sort of way.

As much as I dislike the strong tie-in Disney-isms, I can see how they serve to lock in the show's commercial appeal and keep it on the air. This nod, however, was subtle and funny — as though a parody of the de rigeur dumb-down.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread