+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 205 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree996Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

I thought the Queen banished the woodsman after he tricked her with bringing back the heart of an animal and telling her he killed Snow...I don't remember lol..need to get out my fairy tales and brush up

btw...wouldn't mind taking a nibble out of prince charming myself..lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Love, love, love it!! I thought the back and forth between story'land' and storybrooke was done well and I liked how they used it to explain what was happening in both. The previews have hooked me in even more.

What made it so different from all other new show premieres this season is that it made me feel. My heart was breaking and I was on the verge of tears a few times as I watched it all unfold and I can't wait for Emma to go up against the Evil Queen (which was the original post I was going to write about Thurs b/c they showed a preview of it during Greys but then I got sidetracked with seeing that the episode was on imdb). With Rumplestiltskin in the mix, this story has lots of places it can go - there'll be nothing predictible about it, I think. The season premiere more than lived up to my hopes.
    I loved it, too.

I think what makes it different from all the other premieres is that it is both well written and cinematic - as in Disney style cinematic. It took me back to the feeling I had on Sunday nights as a kid - the weekend over, but the Wonderful World of Disney unfolding to enthrall me. And, truly, this show is kid appropriate. I am completely charmed by it.

Can't wait for next Sunday!

ETA: I think the sheriff is Rumplestiltskin. I thought I recognized his smile.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 10-24-2011 at 05:00 PM.

FORT Fogey

Phooey! This sounds so good, and I don't see that the first episode is going to be repeated any night before the second one airs!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I loved it, too.

I think what makes it different from all the other premieres is that it is both well written and cinematic - as in Disney style cinematic. It took me back to the feeling I had on Sunday nights as a kid - the weekend over, but the Wonderful World of Disney unfolding to enthrall me. And, truly, this show is kid appropriate. I am completely charmed by it.

Mr Gold was Rumplestiltskin and the Sheriff is someone that hasn't really been fleshed out. I was wondering so i looked him up..and they just mention that he has a 'mysterious past' and secrets. I have to assume it is the Huntsman as well.. we shall see tho. Hes not at all bad looking on top of it all! I think he was a model for Calvin Klein and Dior.. and he's Irish.. don't get much better than that!

As far as age of Harry, he was not "pre curse" and thus wouldn't be effected by the curse.. and age as normal. Just because he noted the time on the clock was frozen, he may not have noted that time it self was at a standstill.. and when he did notice, he went to find Emma.. or at least thats how i saw it and felt it played out.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 10-24-2011 at 05:42 PM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I loved it, too.

ohhhhhhhh I remember those Sunday nights you would finish dinner get the kitchen cleaned up get the kids bathed and have just enough time to sit down for family TV time...and to me thats what this show was a family show and face it we don't have many of those anymore on tv at all

Rumplestiltskin is Mr. Gold...we are still guessing on who the sheriff is though
    Duxxy likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I love the trying to figure out who is who, and I love that this is a show I can watch with the whole family. It's clean and interesting to all our ages, at least so far.

I had the same connection with this and Wonderful World of Disney as you all did! I have very fond memories of Sunday night's with Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and then WWoD as a child My bet is that's no coincidence since ABC is Disney owned. I tell you though, if someone had told me a year ago I'd be this excited over fairy tales, I'd have thought they were nuts
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

We enjoyed this show tremendously and are as hooked as it sounds the rest of you are!

I think it should have a set beginning, middle and end too as it seems this sort of story calls for that.

MrCoz had a thought the sheriff was the Sheriff of Notingham. I don't think he seriously thought that, but we couldn't figure out the sheriff either.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    If the quality keeps up, this is going to be one of my keeper shows. It grasped me from the beginning -- not surprising since the writer were Lost writers. I'm sure they will explain many things as the series goes on, but this is fiction, and more to point, it is fantasy fiction. I have no problem with thing that seem impossible or implausible if I'm being told a good story.
    Hahahahahahahahaha - like they answered all our questions with Lost?
    Count your blessings!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Now I can't remember who Mr. Gold is!

+ Reply to Thread