+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 214 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    That's exactly what I thought. I also assumed that Henry's dad was not fairytale since Emma had Henry in the outside world.
    Yes, Emma later completely reversed herself and said Henry's father was not a firefighter/hero, so I think we're safe in dropping the firefighter connection in trying to identify the guy. If he's in Storybooke, then the Peter Pumpkin Eater ID would be a good guess.
    Isn't Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater a nursery rhyme rather than a fairy tale? Or, are nursery rhymes included in the show's premise?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Isn't Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater a nursery rhyme rather than a fairy tale? Or, are nursery rhymes included in the show's premise?
    It seems that they have a loose interpretaion of the literary form. I mean, they use Disney characters/versions. My guess is that nursery rhymes are fair game. If they're looking to do a long-term series, I imagine that they may feel the need for a fairly broad playing field. On the other hand, they could just be having fun with images, play on words, and nods to related genres. Why not!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

My daughter and I watch together and we both thought of Peter Peter at the mention of Pumpkin Pie, but giving it more thought, we came up with Cinderella's coach. Might have been a tidbit thrown in to confuse us since Emma did confess to making it up.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

My husband says his favorite character is the EQ. He says she steals the whole show for him...lol.

I want to know who the new guy is. Holy smokes he's sexy.
    Babbred likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I liked the episode but have to agree a bit - while I do love stories about the "supporting" characters, I find myself yearning for those moments when we see SW or PC on the screen. They don't even have to be together, I just want to know what they're up to. Like with the baby blanket - my kids thought I was crazy (this was the first time we've gotten to watch the show live together b/c of the school holiday) but I was talking to the TV, urging MM to remember Emma through the blanket!

But I do like the stories and continue to enjoy the twists and turns TPTB are giving them. And I'm enjoying Emma bringing them their happy endings, one fairytale at a time. Anything that messes with Regina makes me happy too.

Also, I love Regina's wardrobe (and her whole black & white schema) as well but I found her wig this episode distracting. To me, it looked like her real hair was a shade lighter than the wig and I found myself staring at it the whole time.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    My husband says his favorite character is the EQ. He says she steals the whole show for him...lol.
    Her and Rumpy. Man oh man, I can't wait for the smackdown between those two. It'll be like something out of Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter.

I want to know who the new guy is. Holy smokes he's sexy.
    I like what somebody said about turning on the air conditioner. Preach it, girl!
    Last edited by Babbred; 01-17-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I know....it's going to be delicious!

Anyone else get the vibe that Rumpy actually really likes Emma? I think she amuses him.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Maybe he is hoping she will take over his position?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, he seems to really like Emma and enjoy "playing" with her.
    I remember EQ when she was on that summer series about wife swapping (she was an ex stewardess married to a pilot and they managed any temptations they might have by making them group activities...but she was also portrayed as a really nice person, maybe a little driven in that direction by her husband's wandering eye...a great 70's show...that is, set in that era). She was very sexy then, still is. I hope there is some kind of happy ending for her, even though she's been so evil...as was said above, you can see she wants love. Loved her EQ hair this time...practically Farrah Fawcett!
    I wondered if the pumpkin pie part of the story might have been true...maybe one of those things that started off well and went bad. It seemed like an odd detail to just make up. But yes, nursery rhyme, not fairy tale, and the whole Sneezy thing is a very Disney version of the fairy tale, not Grimm..in the sense of the original stories and of the competing and grimmer fairy tale show.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

There's a new interview with Ginnifer Goodwin that just came out. I'd copy & paste but it's rather longish. Warning: It mentions characters who're going to pop up in case you don't want to know.

'Once Upon A Time': Ginnifer Goodwin Exclusive On Snow White, Seven Dwarves, Romance & More
    nanarama and JavaJo like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread