+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 214 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696146 ... LastLast
Like Tree1077Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

I'm still enjoying the whole thing If it was a "story of the week" every week with the fairytales, I'm not sure I'd like that...nor would I like if it was all Snow and Charming, all the time. To me, its almost like a fairytale soap opera with different stories and focuses woven through-out the episodes. You have "super couple" Snow and Charming....but of course there will soon be Emma and motorcycle man (and oh YUM is he cute! Almost enough to be like...Sheriff who? But no accent ) And I think they're pacing it pretty well. A few close ended stories so you can see how change is coming about as more characters get their happy endings, but slower going with Snow and Charming. Back in the day, I remember just dying for Greg and Jenny, Patrick and Marty, and Luke and Laura to finally get together....and it was so satisfying when they finally did Plus, we're slowly finding out more about each established character, while being introduced to new ones along the way. It's fun to see new layers emerge - like with Rumpy. And clearly as badly as EQ deep down just wants to be loved - she really doesn't have a clue. Though she does have a fabulous wardrobe And I agree with Ellen, it's fun trying to figure who's who. Last night, all I could come up with for the guy with the really long name was that it sounded kind of like "criss cross" - of course that didn't help me at all figure out who he actually was But I am sure that was Sneezy at the convenience store where we first met Hansel and Gretel. I'm still looking forward to finding out what happened to Rumpy's son, what the heck caused the huge falling out between EQ and Snow, who is Henry's father and what's his story.....
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I love watching Emma undermine Regina in some way each week this new stranger from what I read is supposed to believe Henry a whole lot sooner than Emma has come too....I know the main story is SW/PC but I love how they twist in the other stories and giving them their happy ending...I think sooner or later we will see these characters again but we can't see them often or their wouldn't be enough time for our main story line
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Back in the day, I remember just dying for Greg and Jenny, Patrick and Marty, and Luke and Laura to finally get together....and it was so satisfying when they finally did
    My grandmother loved watching that soap, and I have fond memories of watching it with her when I visited. Luke and Laura forever!

Plus, we're slowly finding out more about each established character, while being introduced to new ones along the way. It's fun to see new layers emerge - like with Rumpy.
    I love the epis that show Rumpy and his machinations. Talk about hot in a bad boy way!

And speaking of which, whoa boy. When motorcycle dude rode in, he could have melted the snow in New England! Suddenly I found myself humming "The Heat is On" all over again.

And clearly as badly as EQ deep down just wants to be loved - she really doesn't have a clue. Though she does have a fabulous wardrobe
    I loved her outfit in Storyland! And her hair, too, was cool. Man, if I could be on that show I'd want to be the EQ for that reason alone.

And I agree with Ellen, it's fun trying to figure who's who. Last night, all I could come up with for the guy with the really long name was that it sounded kind of like "criss cross" - of course that didn't help me at all figure out who he actually was
    When I was kid, they used to have this "Justice League" cartoon show with Superman, Batman, etc. They had this villain who would teleport in from another dimension, Mr. Mxyylpkkk (no idea if that was right, just remember that it was all consonants and no vowels). Something about how you could only defeat him if you could get him to say his name backwards. I'm sure this has nothing to do with anything, but when I saw the name plate of the guy with the birth certificates, that's what I thought of.
    Katydyd likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Am I the only one who thought motorcycle guy was going to be Henry's dad? Seemed like Emma was getting set up for a big oops there! But apparently not.

So Henry's dad...given the pumpkin pie connection....Peter, Peter, pumpkin eater? Not a nice guy by today's standards...locks up the wife who is trying to get away from him.... And she did say the dad was NOT a nice person. Or maybe he framed her for something when she wanted to leave him and got her locked in a cell (rhymes with pumpkin shell)?

I was also annoyed with Hansel, the more so once I realized they had to be twins (for the modern story to make sense)....he was certainly a LOT less mature than Gretel...even given that girls are more mature at that age.

Did anyone write down the name of the guy with the birth certificates? One of our linguists could translate it!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Am I the only one who thought motorcycle guy was going to be Henry's dad? Seemed like Emma was getting set up for a big oops there! But apparently not........Did anyone write down the name of the guy with the birth certificates? One of our linguists could translate it!
    I thought motorcycle guy would be Henry's dad too! But then Emma didn't seem to recognize him - and he would be really tough to forget I was trying to think of connections with pumpkin pie...and a fire fighter...too, but couldn't come up with anything. I was thinking maybe since Rumpy had the whole setting fire thing when he stole the dagger, and his son was there, maybe the fact that Henry's dad was a fire fighter was a clue. But then Emma said she made up the story, so

I remember the birth certificates guy's name sounded like cris-cros-skowski, but obviously the spelling is all wrong.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

I totally thought motorcycle guy was Henry's dad. He can't be someone in a fairy tale if he is new in town, since none of the fairy tale people can come or go from the town. With that reasoning, I don't think Henry's dad can be a fairy tale person either.
    The birth certificate guy's name was Krzyszkowski according to IMDB. He did say to call him Mr. K, if that is any kind of clue.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat View Post
    I totally thought motorcycle guy was Henry's dad. He can't be someone in a fairy tale if he is new in town, since none of the fairy tale people can come or go from the town.
    But he could be Rumpy's kid....Emma was able to be transported before the curse hit. He must be there for a reason and have some connection to someone in Storyville. The suitcase on the back of his bike seemed old fashioned and worn, almost out of place. Or maybe I'm just reading to much into that.
    Desiderata

In Polish, the name Krzyszkowski is an adjectival name form of the noun "krzyż," which can be translated as "back" (the body part) or "cross" (the religious symbol).
    Last edited by Ellen; 01-16-2012 at 07:47 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I thought motorcycle guy would be Henry's dad too! But then Emma didn't seem to recognize him - and he would be really tough to forget
    That's exactly what I thought. I also assumed that Henry's dad was not fairytale since Emma had Henry in the outside world.

I was trying to think of connections with pumpkin pie...and a fire fighter...too, but couldn't come up with anything. I was thinking maybe since Rumpy had the whole setting fire thing when he stole the dagger, and his son was there, maybe the fact that Henry's dad was a fire fighter was a clue. But then Emma said she made up the story, so
    Yes, Emma later completely reversed herself and said Henry's father was not a firefighter/hero, so I think we're safe in dropping the firefighter connection in trying to identify the guy. If he's in Storybooke, then the Peter Pumpkin Eater ID would be a good guess.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    okay lets start trying to figure out who is who in story brooke...the old guy in the prison is the guy who built pinoochoo Japato (SP) the ole grump in the jail is grumpy and we have been told who is jimaney cricket..the mayor is the evil queen and the teacher is snow white...and we saw prince charming in what i am assuming is a coma....who is the old woman at the inn..the little ole woman who lived in a shoe??? and who is the skank that was at the inn? and who is the sherrif..this is gonna be fun ...and was the wolf just a wolf or was it the big bad wolf from little red riding hood?
    I totally forgot about this list I started when the show first started (feel free to add and/or correct me

so now we know that the sheriff was the huntsman--still miss the accent but I have a feeling that the motorcycle man will help me quickly forget...and yes I know my birthday was last week but I don't want to wait another whole year to ask for him..lol

Cinderella...can't remember her name in storybrooke
    Thomas/Shawn...Cinderella's husband/boyfriend
    Shawn's father I assume he was the king of some nation but I don't remember if we got his name in either world

Sneezy seems to run the drug store

we know Grumpy and Sleepy work at the hospital

still don't know who dr whale is

Hansel/Gretal...Nicholas, can't remember her name and their father Michael seems to run a garage and be a mechanic in storybrooke

I know I am probably missing something but Alcatraz has caught my attention please feel free to add to the list so maybe we can figure out everyone
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread